Open Libram LXXV: Holy TV, MOAR HIT?!

Paladin
Prev 1 5 6 7 26 Next
Played around a little bit tonight, did Heroic Will without soaking any of the sparks, just killed them all.

Jumped around on the PTR for a bit, did a quick test, 6 - 7 minutes ish on the dummy just to see how big the buff to SoL really was, actually quite surprised.

Seems solid for not having any buffs, potion or flask, I still believe the 15% buff to SoL is probably a bit too much.

http://oi45.tinypic.com/2ain8ug.jpg

Dummy tests are still a completely horrid way to really judge Ret's performance in 5.3, but the buff definitely had a noticeable presence.
Multiple, multiple 2% - 6% wipes on Normal Megaera are really, really starting to wear on me. At that point in the fight a Healer either screws up with cleanses or we just loose people to a lack of healing and it's like a domino effect.

And we're three healing it.

Our Resto Shaman who just came back this Tier seems to be struggling and I've yet to puzzle out why, they were one of our most skilled Healers back in Cata.

Trying again over the weekend sometime, very frustrating.

The boss itself is so easy.
Eh it's a pretty cool fight, lots of different ways to handle it, but you really don't have to really do the cinders / torrent mechanics until Heroic. Looked like a really fun fight for healers though!

We literally just dispelled Cinders as soon as they went out, felt no reason to let them tick. If they dropped on another raid member, the fire is obvious soooo
Don't forget, you can dispel Cinders with HoS!

Hand of Purity also works on the breaths when Fire isn't up, and it pretty much made tank damage non-existent.

Goodluck, Ji-Kun is a refreshing little break if you get to fly!
Offtopic, but right now it looks like there's been a shooting at MIT, and it's connected to the Boston marathon bombings - and it looks like one suspect is down.

One of my friends is from there and he's worried about his friends - Reddit's been a surprisingly good resource for him. <_<
Offtopic, but right now it looks like there's been a shooting at MIT, and it's connected to the Boston marathon bombings - and it looks like one suspect is down.

Oh lord. This is horrible >:-(
It really is not good times here in the States right now. First the marathon bombings, then the accidental explosion in Texas and now a shooting.

/sigh

We literally just dispelled Cinders as soon as they went out

Don't know your strategy for it but we're a 10 man with three melee so dispelling it as soon as it goes out without giving the melee time to run it somewhere ends up with people dead or taking a tick of unneeded damage anyway. Not to mention temporarily crowding up melee and stack positions.

As for Hand of Purity it slipped my mind really, I was more often handing out double sacs through clemency and delivering clutch heals when I could to try and get us through the fight.

I should probably try Purity.

We've tried various head combinations, it all comes down to our Healers this go around and cleanse management.

Mechanically the fight is very simple, which makes it all the more frustrating to wipe on.

Goodluck

Thanks, we need it. <_<
Hand of Purity is really reallly good, just because it helps with tank damage on fire, and it can be used with Cinders / Breaths.
If you're taking clemency for the sacs, I'd definitely just go Purity, especially if you have 2 paladins, It will save a ton of mana. It should iirc, eat through the entire breath when you have non-fire, otherwise we just used HoP back to back on the tank with the fire stacks.

We are 10m, keep ranged at max range, healers in mid, and melee generally have plenty of room even with insta dispels. We only had 2 melee though, + a mistweaver.

Doesn't really matter either way, we just felt that trying to position the Cinders was wasteful, as soon as a healer could react to dispel it, it was gone.

I'm sure you'll get it next time you go in, first kills are usually messy. Ours ended with just the 2 tanks, and I was healing for pretty much the last minute.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YTf3oL3uRg
Just wanna say, bging alone sucks. Why must all my friends sleep at night?
Just wanna say, bging alone sucks. Why must all my friends sleep at night?

Because they are weak.
True. Any one up for some bgs?
Nah.. not feeling masochistic today, sorry.
Aww, c'mon. If I'm willing to submit myself to this kind of torture while in mostly PVE gear, you can definitely handle it in your PVP gear :P
Even though I enchanted and gemmed it, my PVP gear is for transmog ;x
-_- Fine, be that way. I'll just keep quing alone and getting wins.
Cool. I'll keep chaining heroics and getting faster honor :P
Don't know your strategy for it but we're a 10 man with three melee so dispelling it as soon as it goes out without giving the melee time to run it somewhere ends up with people dead or taking a tick of unneeded damage anyway. Not to mention temporarily crowding up melee and stack positions.

That's the one fight where I really don't like the fact that Hand of Sacrifice dispels magic for rets now. Any melee trying to run back in 10 man without some sort of defensive cooldown and/or heals getting pumped into them is going to get flattened.

When doing it on 10 man one night we were dropping fire a little ways back between the melee and the tanks. In such a way that the fires are not in the way for stack ups, but is sufficiently out of melee and/or the breathes. Healer coverage seems especially tight on 10 man towards the end of that fight.
Trying to position Cinders will generally result in more damage taken in the first place, rather than people moving out of it.

If stacking as a raid is ever becoming an issue:
/worldmarker 1
Multiple, multiple 2% - 6% wipes on Normal Megaera are really, really starting to wear on me. At that point in the fight a Healer either screws up with cleanses or we just loose people to a lack of healing and it's like a domino effect.

have only one healer be in charge of dispels and be communicative about raid cooldowns during rampage. those are the two things that i think are key to that fight.

Seems solid for not having any buffs, potion or flask, I still believe the 15% buff to SoL is probably a bit too much.

i am a bad person for feeling entitled to being overbuffed for once.
Morning Pally Crew

Got a couple items this week for raiding thus far, perhaps luck is turning around, but it really sticks in my craw that one of the dps warriors in our raid asked "Can I roll on the TF gear? I have normal version but its up an upgrade" apparently oblivious of the fact that he had pretty much full normal mode gear (seems like most of the plate dps items were funneled to 2 guys out of sheer luck) while most of us are in previous teir stuff

I expect this kindof stuff out of Pugs, but a guildy? I mean I may loot!@#$% occasionally but I make sure its actually worth the upgrade and I try to keep a good gauge on the gearing level of other people in the guild, I regularly sat out last teir for a couple guys who were unlucky on weapon drops.

Some people arent so fortunate to get all of their drops this early in the tier

Sorry I had to rant, we've had terrible plate dps gear ratios, and those that do drop went to pretty much 2 guys, so when one of them asks about upgrading to TF when the rest of us dont even have normal mode (hell I rolled on it to give it to a warrior), it irks me
When a guildie wants to screw me over for 6 ilvls, I link my item I've needed to upgrade for the longest time. I have one that has no problem rolling on tier even though they have the LFR version, and other guildies are sitting with VP gear.

I think a lot of people forget that point of loot is to make the group stronger, not just whoever rolls higher. I'm pretty vocal though, it might look like I'm !@#$%ing just cause, but it's the principle of the matter.

Also, I think people forget themselves since an upgrade, no matter how small, makes them feel good. I understand that way of thinking, although I also think it's retarded as hell.