pvp ret good or bad?

Paladin
I am holy at the moment but i want to go ret to own people lol, should i even bother gearing for malovent i am full dreadful as ret and i can't stay alive, not sure if i have to get use to playing as ret or if ret is just broken at the moment. let me know your advice.

Thank you.
Good if you know how to use it right

EDIT: PvP resilience is something you really need to survive. Stack it up to around 60% maybe, will help. Not sure what else would help survive.
ok cool thanks, maybe i jsut need more practice as well haha
No problem, working on my PvP Ret rotation wasn't easy myself :P idk if it's gear or what
Ret is boss in pvp, if your good enough.
tip number one dont think your a healer anymore your a hybrid now you can do decent healing but very little mitigation so you MUST use almost all your hp to heal yourself
also try to use holy avenger defensivly your almost impossible to take down when you can hit then use that burst hp to heal
learn to switch seals you would be surprised how much seal of insight helps when you need to heal up
another tip is kite like all hell...you try standing toe to toe with a warrior or frost dk and your going to have a bad time try using our talent set up to take advatage of the effective kiting we can do now when combined with all our ranged attacks it will be very nice
all in all practive makes perfect dont give up duel 2v2 arena and bg all day it using more and more abilities every time you will be fine after a few hours
A lot of these people avoid the answer. Saying if your good enough, that's funny. Anything is decent if your "good enough".

Realistically

Their Subpar. Well, prob balanced is a better term. They are fine, they just aren't strong like some of the favored pvp specs that are rampant. The burst isn't anything special compared to some of the other burst seen by pvp specs and the substance dmg is lacking. Killing healers after you blow through your cds is pretty slow. The utility for your teammate/s is really nice though, especially if your going for a double burst team.
A lot of these people avoid the answer. Saying if your good enough, that's funny. Anything is decent if your "good enough".

Realistically

Their Subpar. Well, prob balanced is a better term. They are fine, they just aren't strong like some of the favored pvp specs that are rampant. The burst isn't anything special compared to some of the other burst seen by pvp specs and the substance dmg is lacking. Killing healers after you blow through your cds is pretty slow. The utility for your teammate/s is really nice though, especially if your going for a double burst team.

Couldnt have said it better myself. Sub-par. Theyre just 'okay' at everything. Off heals, meh, theyre alright. Self heals, pure dps specs can outheal them sometimes. Damage, no pressure, burst is where we shine, but even then, other classes do it better, and usually from 40 yards away.

The only place I can see a ret pally viable is in 5s, MAYBE 3s, just for some HoF and BoPs, and the once-a-match, burst.