Nobody Enjoys The Paladin Inquisition!

Paladin
Prev 1 5 6 7
The glyph is a pure dps loss.
...and there lies the complaint. Having Inquisition up isn't a buff. Not having it up is a self-inflected debuff.

It's only benefit is pure numbers. No flash, no cool animation, nothing. Hitting Inquisition means I'm not smacking some enemy in the face with an awesome Templar's Verdict.

Worse yet, Blizz doesn't even give us a decent visual indicator that it's up/not up. We have to rely on an add-on, which may no longer be up-to-date because the player who created quit playing WoW.

Heck, its no different than hitting enrage on a warrior. At least they can glyph it so you catch on fire and notice it.

Matter of fact, make me glow like the Guardian of Ancient Kings and you'll never hear me complain about Inquisition again.
Worse yet, Blizz doesn't even give us a decent visual indicator that it's up/not up. We have to rely on an add-on, which may no longer be up-to-date because the player who created quit playing WoW.

Default blizzard ui shows buffs and their durations. fyi
the glyph is bad, it's message is "you play bad, let me teach you how to play bad better". divine purpose is a better solution, 3 free holy power will often make up for screwing up your rotation and is only a slight dps decrease, though i understand some people don't like the randomness.
edit: i actually like inq, i miss having it in prot tbh.
04/21/2013 11:38 AMPosted by Thyrllan
Obliterate hits like a truck. Templar's Verdict hit like...well, ironically, a hybrid.

TV does hit hard. When you hit a target with TV there are three damage components
1) The actual TV hit
2) Hand of Light applying from the TV
3) Your seal applying from the TV hit
Yeah i mean, this makes like an "Illusion" that we doing low dmg, but we dont . We need a addon for Rets that makes the mat for the 3 components and only shows only one BIG number on the screen.

Back in topic, i think we need a CD that makes us gain 5 Charges of Holy power with cooldown of 5mins such kinda [Empower Rune Weapon] DK spell , to helps in emergencies and allows some burst. The problem with this idea is how to balance it around Holy.
I like how ret is, only big change I would make is to have exorcism refresh inquisition.

I don't mind "Managing/building up" with inquisition it just feels like a mechanic built to waste resources/hurt my dps.

As others have said you can quickly find out the bad rets based on inq up time and if they glyph into inquisition.

Like I said I don't have issues with my ret pally currently my favorite character to play just wish I didn't have to watch inq to make sure it's up, because if I miss a reapplication and even a few seconds of it not up really hurts my dps.

Having Inquisition up isn't a buff. Not having it up is a self-inflected debuff.

This is my issue with inq.