Patch 5.2 Blacksmithing New 502 Weapons Guide

Professions
Howdy folks, patch 5.2 is here and I thought I would put this little guide together to help out our fellow Blacksmiths...In patch 5.2 Blacksmiths can create some cool looking raid worthy weaopons (ilvl=502); however, they are not so easy to craft and do take a long time. I have put together what materials you will need and what proffession(s) to have (to optimize) your crafting experience.

There are a total of 6 ilvl 502 BoE weapons that BS can make: One handed sword, One handed axe, One handed mace, Two handed sword, Two handed axe, and a Two handed mace.

Proffession(s) needed:
Blacksmithing at max level, Mining (to smelt ghost iron and trillium), & Alchemy ( to make Living Steel & transmute ghost iron). Having a Miner and an Alchemist is not required but highly recommed since there a lot of materials you need, but if you are rich in gold and don't care, then having only Blacksmithing will suffice.

Where to begin?
Wowhead has a great guide for this, here is the link:
http://www.wowhead.com/news=211211/patch-5-2-isle-of-thunder-content-guide#blacksmithing-patterns

Materials and time needed
In order to craft the 502 version, you will need to craft the 476 & 463 weapons.

Here is an example:
1. Craft Lionheart Blade, Reborn will teach you how to make Lionheart Champion, Reborn
2. Craft Lionheart Champion, Reborn will teach you how to make Lionheart Executioner, Reborn

All of these new weapons: 463, 476, & 502 item level weapons require 3 specific materials:
Lightning Steel Ingot, Living Steel, & Spirit of Harmony along with the previous version of the weapon (i.e. 463 to 476 etc...)

Materials Needed
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lionheart Executioner, Reborn requires: 15 Ingots, 9 Living Steel, 9 Spirits, & 1 Lionheart Champion, Reborn
Lionheart Champion, Reborn requires: 10 Ingots, 6 Living Steel, 6 Spirits, & 1 Lionheart Blade, Reborn
Lionheart Blade, Reborn requires: 5 Ingots, 3 Living Steel, & 3 Spirits
TOTAL MATERIALS NEEDED: 30 Ingots, 18 Living Steel, & 18 Spirits
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stormherald, Reborn requires: 15 Ingots, 9 Living Steel, 9 Spirits, & 1 Deep Thunder, Reborn
Deep Thunder, Reborn requires: 10 Ingots, 4 Living Steel, 6 Spirits, & 1 Thunder, Reborn
Thunder, Reborn requires: 5 Ingots, 3 Living Steel, & 3 Spritits
TOTAL MATERIALS NEEDED: 30 Ingots, 16 Living Steel, & 18 Spirits
Wicked Edge of the Planes, Reborn requires: 15 Ingots 6 Living Steel, 9 Spirits, & 1 Black Planar Edge, Reborn
Black Planar Edge, Reborn requires: 10 Ingots, 4 Living Steel, 6 Spirits, & 1 The Planar Edge, Reborn
The Planar Edge, Reborn requires: 5 Ingots, 2 Living Steel, & 3 Spirits
TOTAL MATERIALS NEEDED: 30 Ingots, 12 Living Steel, & 18 Spirits
Blazefury, Reborn requires: 15 Ingots 6 Living Steel, 9 Spirits, & 1 Blazeguard, Reborn
Blazeguard, Reborn requires: 10 Ingots, 4 Living Steel, 6 Spirits, & 1 Fireguard, Reborn
Fireguard, Reborn requires: 5 Ingots, 2 Living Steel, & 3 Spirits
TOTAL MATERIALS NEEDED: 30 Ingots, 12 Living Steel, & 18 Spirits
Bloodmoon, Reborn requires: 15 Ingots 9 Living Steel, 9 Spirits, & 1 Mooncleaver, Reborn
Mooncleaver, Reborn requires: 10 Ingots, 6 Living Steel, 6 Spirits, & 1 Lunar Crescent, Reborn
Lunar Crescent, Reborn requires: 5 Ingots, 3 Living Steel, & 3 Spirits
TOTAL MATERIALS NEEDED: 30 Ingots, 18 Living Steel, & 18 Spirits
Dragonstrike, Reborn requires: 15 Ingots 6 Living Steel, 9 Spirits, & 1 Dragonmaw, Reborn
Dragonmaw, Reborn requires: 10 Ingots, 6 Living Steel, 6 Spirits, & 1 Drakefist Hammer, Reborn
Drakefist Hammer, Reborn requires: 5 Ingots, 2 Living Steel, & 3 Spirits
TOTAL MATERIALS NEEDED: 30 Ingots, 14 Living Steel, & 18 Spirits
As you can see, this will take a very long time (approx. 6 months or so) to make ALL of the 502 weapons. NOTE: You can only make Lightning Steel Ingot once per day (requires 10 ghost iron bars).

Hope this guide helps, please add anything that I may have missed. I apologize in advanced if I screwed something up.

Cheers and Happy Blacksmithing
Great guide man, was curious what it took exactly.
Should go for a hefty price.
yes, thanks for the guide- very handy reference material (even if the bang for the buck isn't there on the actual use of the items!)
Blizzard should do something with that mysterious ingot that Itoka drops and make it give you a daily turn in to get an additional Lightning Steel ingot after you have completed the original quest.

That would reduce the amount of time it requires to make the 502 weapons but not allow people to farm Itoka for ingots since it is a daily turn in.
Wish we could Upgrade these Weapons with Justice points.

Then it would make it worth it to craft one and not keep working on the LFR weapons.
Thanks for your effort. I suggest others also press the Request Sticky button.

I would suggest you add that
1) daily LSI require any anvil but the weapons must be back at the Forge
2) Point out that if you are doing LSI to learn the 32 PvP and 6 522 patterns, you will end up with 39 LSI (one free at start) And that these weapons are the only thing currently in the game that use LSI. It is likely that BS getting all the patterns will want to make some weapons.
@ Vvbutch

Word, thanks for the addition...appreciate it
As Vvbutch has stated...making Lightning Steel Ingot requires any anvil; however, making the actual 463, 476, & 502 Thunder-forged weapons does require the new Lighting Forge located on Isle of Thunder at coordinates 60,28.3

Another thing, once you have finished the quest and you get the patterns to make the 463 weapons, you do get a Lightning Steel Ingot as part of the quest reward, so the earliest time to craft one 502 weapon would be 29 days...
Thanks for this. I came looking for an answer to this question; is the armor recipe that you can learn by making a lightning steel ingot completely random? After digging a bit on Wowhead, that seems to be correct. So far for me, I've made 9 ingots and learned 9 PvP armor recipes. No 522 pieces yet. Probably just as well, since Haunting Spirits are either unavailable or too expensive on my server.
I guess if you wanted to make two different weapon types fully upgraded to level 502, you'll be two functional blacksmiths in order to get the project done in 30 days. You can only make so many ingots per day. Crafting two different weapons to 502 would take 60 days with only one blacksmith.

I don't see how crafting is obscenely expensive, one ingot is worth 10 ghost iron bars, and whatever you value your cooldown. You also add the price of spirits, and living steel.

If you run LFR, every week, and loot the bosses once per week for 4 weeks your chances of getting a weapon is still fairly low. At least in 30 days if you have a blacksmith, and use your CDs everyday there's a 100% chance you'll get a weapon in 30 days.

For people banking on a LFR drop, you might be better off just crafting a raid worthy weapon.
Does anyone know if the 476 weapons can be equipped and used prior to using them to craft the final 502 piece? I'm itching to use Dragonmaw, Reborn on my shaman but I'm afraid I won't be able to use it in the final crafting if it has been equipped...can anyone verify this for me? P.S. my shammy is the blacksmith so it would be equipped and soulbound on the character making Dragonstrike, Reborn.
Does anyone know if the 476 weapons can be equipped and used prior to using them to craft the final 502 piece? I'm itching to use Dragonmaw, Reborn on my shaman but I'm afraid I won't be able to use it in the final crafting if it has been equipped...can anyone verify this for me? P.S. my shammy is the blacksmith so it would be equipped and soulbound on the character making Dragonstrike, Reborn.

Using the weapon to create the next level removes the soulbound aspect on the new weapon - at least for the 463 - 476 weapon. Don't have enough LSI yet to make the 502 weapon. If you used it on an alt other than the one crafting it however you would not be able to return it to your bs alt to use as craft material. So you'd be stuck.
An appropriate place to ask.. I can't find supporting evidence to suggest that the Eye of the Black Prince can be used on these 5.2 BS weapons. I can only assume that since they are only forged on the Isle of Thunder that they may be considered an "Armament of the Thunder King". but not sure...

Anyone have any idea? I have not seen a blue comment on the subject, but it's been asked in several locations.

Also, did anyone do any 5.2 weapon crafting on the PTR (if it was available) and figure this out?
No "Haunting Sprit" needed to make 502 plate armor....
Why are Enhancement Shammies the only melee left out on these weapons? We are also left out of any of the rare mob 476 weapons on Isle of Thunder. Whats up Blizz? Tell me it was an oversight and you are working on leveling the playing field for us. Please : )
No "Haunting Sprit" needed to make 502 plate armor....

What recipes make ilvl 502 armor? Didn't know there were any.

I have researched 4 of the ilvl 522 armor pieces so far and am just waiting for the market on Haunting Spirits to crash before making a couple pieces for my main and to sell.
I just crafted the 502 2h sword and confirm you CANNOT place the Eye of the Black Prince on it to gain a socket slot. Feels like blizzard dropped the ball a little there... You take 30 days to craft something and its not equal to something you could get in a couple hours if ur lucky in LFR...
Why did Blizz exclude daggers from the ilvl 502 craftable weapons? They must hate rogues.
Why did Blizz exclude daggers from the ilvl 502 craftable weapons? They must hate rogues.

Yes. Yes that must be it.

Or their was no dagger in the original weapon set that these are based on.
Great guide, but it doesn't matter, people are not buying due to the LFR ilvl. Most just "lol" and spam trade with ''lulLFR4free''. Should be a normal ilvl imo.