Why do people wonder why they can't down boss

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
I see in trade chat or even here a lot, people come asking why can't we kill this boss we been stuck on for hours, Yet half them don't; have the old 5.0 raids cleared and are in half LFR gear.... How about using some brain power and effort and go get better gear for everyone before asking why, or asking for nerfs:)

thanks all have a good day.
Why do people post stream-of-consciousness trash with no value on a level 5 hunter.
Generally speaking, the peopel who don't know better on how to gear, aren't going to have much better luck with bosses magically falling over.
Sometimes LFR gear is the best some people can get. If you don't have a strong raiding guild and aren't on a populated server, you can't clear 10m or 25m raids on your own.
Aw heck, I'll give a legit response ...

Mostly, this is the "if I can start the encounter, I should be able to finish it" mentality. With the way that heroic 5-man and LFR entry requirements have trained people to think that the game appropriately gates access, it's not a surprise. Because the game gates you from heroics until you have an ilevel of 435, people expect to not be able to do a heroic with an ilevel of 410, but have no problem at 435. Likewise with MSV LFR ... got 460? Then you can do MSV.

Tier 14 was a longer ramp-up. People expected no problems with ilevel 460, because that's what LFR said, and it wasn't a problem. Once your group figured out the mechanics of Stone Guard, or got a dog comp that worked for your group, you got Stone Guard down. Then you didn't have a problem with Feng, because Feng was easy, and ditto for Gara'jal and Spirit King. Your normal group didn't hit a wall until Elegon. But Elegon is five bosses into a six boss raid, so the expectation is "He's the penultimate boss, so he SHOULD be hard". Add to that that if he was your group's brick wall, each week you were still going in and getting drops from four bosses in the raid teir, and each upgrade would increase your chances against Elegon.

Then HoF requiring an MSV clear, and ToeS requiring an HoF clear meant that your group was reasonably geared up to meet the bosses found within.

Enter tier 15 ... the LFR version of ToT requires a 480 ilevel. Anyone who'd been running LFR for the past few months, along with VP gear and whatever regular raid drops you'd gotten, was eligible for ToT LFR. Expectation: "If I can get into ToT LFR, I can do the normal raid ... right?"

And just like Stone Guard, once your group figured out the mechanics of Jin'rokh, you downed him. But the difficulty quickly ramps up from there. And since people are hitting walls on 2/12 or 3/12 instead of 5/6, it seems like a bigger block -- after all, 2/12 is so early in the raid. And because you are then only farming one boss in the tier, gear upgrades are limited.
Because horrible raid leaders.

It's surprising how BAD raid leaders are in some casual guilds. And holy crap, does it make a difference.

I mean, it's obviously not the RL's fault if he assigns, for example, the Hunter to Elegon pillar X and he's off in the middle of Elegon pillar Y. Well, it's not INITIALLY his fault. But if the RL just lets that Hunter be, then it kind of is the RL's fault.

Just a different attitude towards raiding really.
Mostly, this is the "if I can start the encounter, I should be able to finish it" mentality. With the way that heroic 5-man and LFR entry requirements have trained people to think that the game appropriately gates access, it's not a surprise
I hope you're not implying that the gear people have isn't enough for the content they can get into.

As I've seen Asane say before, heroic raiders don't magically roll a 90 character in full heroic raid gear and then proceed to progress in raids like that.
04/09/2013 12:28 PMPosted by Kangarooster
]I hope you're not implying that the gear people have isn't enough for the content they can get into.

There isn't technically an ilvl requirement, so you can get into ToT at any ilvl but you'd be hard pressed to clear it anywhere south of ~490 ilvl.
Then HoF requiring an MSV clear

HoF has never required an MSV clear.
It was just released later. They may have just been confused.
It's the people who started raiding in Cataclysm. Certainly I was only about 350iL when I started in Firelands, and we got 4 bosses down 1st week. Then for DS I ran an alt through the 'new' heroics a couple of times and we had no problem with 5 bosses that 1st week.

People don't realise that this expansions raids are a little trickier and require a larger effort.