How about NON-CASUAL realms??

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 10 Next
Casual...

I do not think that word means what you think it means.
Play with a couple of wasps flying around in your room. Now that is hardcore.
04/18/2013 01:39 AMPosted by Tewa
There is a comminuty. It's called battletags. You like guy A on a different realm? Send him a battletag request and bam. Now you can level with said person by grouping up.

Unless you want to do current content, in which case you can't.

Shouldn't be an issue for people like you, remember you guys are against LFR and LFD.. you won't meet people from other realms.
04/18/2013 01:39 AMPosted by Tewa
There is a comminuty. It's called battletags. You like guy A on a different realm? Send him a battletag request and bam. Now you can level with said person by grouping up.

You can do MoP dungeons with it. I've done it. It's just raids, and it's been like that since cata. Or rather, current MoP raids.

04/18/2013 01:40 AMPosted by Frosttration

Shouldn't be an issue for people like you, remember you guys are against LFR and LFD.. you won't meet people from other realms.
Also this^
Every time you level you have that voice from that Powerthirst bit screaming 'hardcore!'

You forget there has to be loud thunder crackling and in large bold letters (preferably red in color) the word HARDCORE needs to be seen. It also has to take up half the screen with a large fireworks display.
More like the guy who works for a living and then sees somebody else who's buying booze and smokes with their foodstamps while complaining that their benefits aren't high enough.

Pro-tip. One cannot use foodstamps to buy said items in bold. At least not in Texas. That is all. Carry on.

My source- I work for a living and customers who try to buy these items are actually prohibited from doing so.

/the more you know
04/18/2013 01:41 AMPosted by Tewa
Indeed he kind of comes across the same as people who ride bikes to work arguing about people who choose to use cars.

More like the guy who works for a living and then sees somebody else who's buying booze and smokes with their foodstamps while complaining that their benefits aren't high enough.

And what about two people who do the same job but one rides a bike and ones drives, is the person riding the bike entitled to more rewards from their job?

How someone gets to a task doesn't affect the difficulty of the task.
04/18/2013 02:11 AMPosted by Tewa

Pro-tip. One cannot use foodstamps to buy said items in bold. At least not in Texas. That is all. Carry on.

My source- I work for a living and customers who try to buy these items are actually prohibited from doing so.

/the more you know

They sell the cards to people outside for less than dollar value, then use said cash to buy stuff.

Welcome to the real world! Sorry I actually had to spell that out for you, didn't think anyone that naive would be reading.

/the more you know....

I could argue this up and down with you all day but you seem like a guy with some personal problems and a chip on your shoulder so the point would be lost eventually.
They sell the cards to people outside for less than dollar value, then use said cash to buy stuff.

Welcome to the real world! Sorry I actually had to spell that out for you, didn't think anyone that naive would be reading.

/the more you know....

Keep trying to make this failed analogy work for you. It is pretty entertaining.

The reason people would be upset about others getting the same rewards (booze?) is that they had to pay for that person to take the easy way.

Just because you want to wait to get a mount at lvl 40 has NO BEARING WHATSOEVER on someone getting a mount at lvl 20. It is not like you had to pay some sort of mount tax so that others could get a mount for a cheaper price.

PS. People should be charging you for the education that you are receiving today ;)
The irony is lol worthy. You want them to implement a non-casual realm? For what? So you can put your 5k achievement points to good use? Sorry, but you seem very casual to me.

Wasn't meant to be derogatory. It's just that you don't have current raiding or current rated pvp achievements. So in essence you play casually, hence a casual.

Hence the irony.

And what about two people who do the same job but one rides a bike and ones drives, is the person riding the bike entitled to more rewards from their job?

How someone gets to a task doesn't affect the difficulty of the task.

The task is completely different affects the difficulty of the task.

Are we even talking about the same thing?

Yep in this case,

No looms.
No guild perks.
Experience is scaled down to original rate for each area.
Mounts @ 40. Epic @ 60. Flying @ 90.
No flying in Northrend, Azeroth/Kalimdor, Outlands, or Pandaria until 90.
Gold rates for mounts are scaled back up to original prices.
No LFR/LFD. No CRZ.
No name changes, faction changes, or race changes allowed.

No heirlooms does not make the game harder.
Nor guild perks does not make the game harder.
Experience scaled down does not make the game harder.
Changing the mounts back does not make the game harder.
The original gold rates for mounts does not make the game harder.
Spending hours looking for a group due to no LFR/LFD does not make the game harder.

The game provides casual and non casual content, if you choose not to participate in the non casual content that's a choice on your end not a fault of game design. Making content accessible whether it's hardcore or casual does not change whether it's hardcore or casual, it just changes how many people might choose to participate in it.
Hmmm... add "no PvP or raid gear" to that, and I might get on board with it, OP.
04/18/2013 01:41 AMPosted by Tewa
Indeed he kind of comes across the same as people who ride bikes to work arguing about people who choose to use cars.

this
There would be like 5 people on it. What is the point?
Okay nice wall of text but all I am proposing is changed level restrictions, gold prices, heirloom removal, and experience amounts. Not that hard to implement.

You clearly know nothing about programming...

Because if you did you wouldn't be making a statement so blatantly ignorant as that.

Also you're not factoring in the cost to develop such a thing. It's not going to happen.