5.2 and Enhancement Blacksmiths.

Professions
So, Enhancement and Elemental Shamans get NO LOVE from 5.2 Blacksmithing, I happen to think it's quite preposterous, that instead of putting the Agility itemization on the 1 hander that an enhancement shaman could use, they instead put it on a sword... Why? Not only that Paladins Warriors and Death Knights get TWO different two handers too choose from, while Shamans can only use the stupid healing mace. So. Why not, you know itemize the one handed axe for agility? So that I don't feel like I wasted hours of my life for a profession that ignores my class.
Anyone else ragin'?
Ele's wouldn't like the intellect mace?
I am also very annoyed by this. BS since vanilla and we've gotten less and less love every x-pac. This is just getting absurd since several classes have a couple OPTIONS, but enh in particular has NONE. Hell, even the engi weapons are fantastic for hunters. We still get nothing.

WHY DID YOU TAKE OUR NICE THINGS AWAY, BLIZZ?? D:
I remember crafting the planar edge back in BC, back in those days we used STR and AGI so it was useful to us. I'm surprised they simply didn't change it to AGI in view of these changes. Quite honestly Enhancement has always been one of the least looked after specs by Blizz, this is why in Wrath I changed mains to a hunter and have been happily huntarding since then.

That said, how useful these Reborn weapons will be is hard to see, I hear the third tier might only get to iLvL 502? If that's the case they are strictly vanity Xmog and second or third alt weapons since even alts should be able to get a 502 weapon well before anyone can craft one.
That said, how useful these Reborn weapons will be is hard to see, I hear the third tier might only get to iLvL 502? If that's the case they are strictly vanity Xmog and second or third alt weapons since even alts should be able to get a 502 weapon well before anyone can craft one.

They're 502 weapons; they're useless if you want to make money off them (as you can only make one every 30 days).

04/05/2013 04:32 PMPosted by Thundergun
So that I don't feel like I wasted hours of my life for a profession that ignores my class.

How about being a Tailor on a Plate class?
Dagger rogues don't get any Reborn weapons, either; nor do mages or warlocks. Rather than raging, try to look at it positively - the developers know that Enhancement shamans are so inherently badass that we didn't need any Reborn weapons. It's a compliment, really.*

*No, I don't really believe that - it's just a "can't please everybody" design decision.
But like, plate classes can use three of the reborn weapons that's just a tad ridiculous.
But like, plate classes can use three of the reborn weapons that's just a tad ridiculous.

They can also use the vast majority of the gear blacksmiths make. I wonder if there is a correlation there.

There are faster ways to get better gear than the reborn weapons, they are more for returning a previously unavailable model for transmog than anything else.

How about being a Tailor on a Plate class?

theres still a cloak enchant that you can get a chance on melee hit +4k attack power so its not a complete waste.....

every pole arm i see EVER has agility on it, mean while warriors can use pole arms but... why? .... blizzard doesnt always make sense in its decisions...
every pole arm i see EVER has agility on it, mean while warriors can use pole arms but... why? .... blizzard doesnt always make sense in its decisions...

In vanilla I believe there were strength polearms, or possibly strength / agility polearms when plate wearers recieved dodge and crit from agility. Pretty sure most of the polearms in BC were just AP, so it didn't matter if you used strength or agility.

But as the game evolved, enhancement shamans stopped using 2h maces, druids were allowed to use polearms, and other various changes were made to end-game content. But going back and forbidding warriors from using polearms while leveling from 1-68 was a waste of time and effort.