Talk (and think) before you vote kick

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Post Limit:
So, I was Ret tanking some scenarios earlier, and then I queued for Vaults for easy valor. I forgot to turn Righteous Fury off. About 2/3rds of the way through the fight, I died.

I was the only death, and the boss was defeated easily. While I was dead, I realized what I had done, and I cancelled it as soon as I was rezzed. I started to apologize, but before I could say anything, I got a loading screen and was back in Stormwind.

No one said anything to me, privately or publicly. No one said anything to anyone else in any public channel. (About me, or anything else for that matter.)

It was a stupid mistake, and I'd be the first to admit it. It was probably an annoyance to the tanks and healers. It was also easily fixed.

I see this a lot--someone doesn't like something about someone else in a group, hits the kick button without trying to fix anything, without telling someone why they screwed up, and without even explaining to the rest of the group why the person should be removed from the group. And everyone just hits the kick button.

It's rude, it's stupid, and it's bad for the matchmaking system. Take 30 seconds to talk to someone. Ask why your healer wants a new tank (and look to see if the tank really is squishy, or the healer's undergeared.) Check to see if the Ret pally knows he's still got RF on. Vote to kick shouldn't be used to effectively reduce other players to NPCs you can swap out until you get a group that lets you get through the content.
Maybe you got kicked for dying in MV, rather than having RF on..

I'm not sure how it's even possible for a dps to die in MV first half.

Also, didn't you notice you were getting aggro on trash?
People don't pay a monthly subscription to think.
More like think before you queue and turn RF off. Don't expect other people to make excuses for your mistakes.
A dk dps died on trash because he had blood presence on, he got told to turn it off(and did), he died on tortos, he died on the next boss and he died on the last boss. Its all about the rng of which group you draw. TBH if I had known he was that fail I would have vote kicked him on the trash.

People that read your thread probably do think before they vote kick. But sometimes your going to get 12 idiots and bam your booted.
Think before you use RF in a raid as ret

It was a stupid mistake, and I'd be the first to admit it. It was probably an annoyance to the tanks and healers. It was also easily fixed.

It was. Wasn't it?
I forgot to turn Righteous Fury off. About 2/3rds of the way through the fight, I died.
---

It was a stupid mistake,
---

kick
---

I... don't see the problem with your story.
Yeah people aren't very forgiving.
The average player doesn't take criticism very well. Rather than putting up with someone who doesn't care/will get offended and yell at you, people simply kick.
So, I was Ret tanking some scenarios earlier, and then I queued for Vaults for easy valor. I forgot to turn Righteous Fury off. About 2/3rds of the way through the fight, I died.

I was the only death, and the boss was defeated easily. While I was dead, I realized what I had done, and I cancelled it as soon as I was rezzed. I started to apologize, but before I could say anything, I got a loading screen and was back in Stormwind.

No one said anything to me, privately or publicly. No one said anything to anyone else in any public channel. (About me, or anything else for that matter.)

I see this a lot--someone doesn't like something about someone else in a group, hits the kick button without trying to fix anything, without telling someone why they screwed up, and without even explaining to the rest of the group why the person should be removed from the group. And everyone just hits the kick button.

It's rude, it's stupid, and it's bad for the matchmaking system. Take 30 seconds to talk to someone. Ask why your healer wants a new tank (and look to see if the tank really is squishy, or the healer's undergeared.) Check to see if the Ret pally knows he's still got RF on. Vote to kick shouldn't be used to effectively reduce other players to NPCs you can swap out until you get a group that lets you get through the content.

LFR is for the lazy people, most of these by definition don't think too much. You are better off not dealing with those jerks. Try to find a real raid guild, loot is better.

LFR is for the lazy people, most of these by definition don't think too much. You are better off not dealing with those jerks. Try to find a real raid guild, loot is better.

This is a really silly response, as most raiding guilds probably do lfr every week until they can no longer get upgrades as well doing normal modes.
This is a really silly response, as most raiding guilds probably do lfr every week until they can no longer get upgrades as well doing normal modes.

I do them for the "secrets of the Empire" Once I get my last one today, I will never do LFR on this guy again.
Yep, Blizz claimed that they didn't want raiders to have to do the same bosses twice a week, so they shared lockouts between 10/25, then they introduced LFR so that we are motivated to do them twice a week after all. ;)

As to the OP, I'd have reminded you (and I have messed up RF before a couple of times, but only in dungeons rather than LFR). However, most groups don't want to warn people before they kick, since the target can grief the raid by continually pulling and attempting to cause a wipe.

This was a dumb thing to say. I can think of one person in this thread that doesn't think too much.

You mean, like the "real raiding guilds" that farm LFR for filler tier pieces to get set bonuses, DE mats, quest items (secrets of the empire), rep, and various other things? Yeah, real guilds don't use LFR at all. Idiot...