Are the Zandalari extinct?

Story Forum
If so I am going to miss them. They had a cause they believed in. What do you think?
No. Zul and his fleet are still out there, and Rastakhan and the ones who stayed loyal to him are still on (the currently sinking) Zandalar Isle.
They'll be back for another round, don't worry. We haven't formally met Zul yet.
No, but if they keep offering themselves up as raid fodder, they will be.

Hopefully Vol'jin talks some sense into them before it comes down to that.
I can't wait to see who they bring out as the new leaders of the four Troll nations next expansion.
04/17/2013 10:45 PMPosted by Eliil
They had a cause they believed in.

So does the Legion.
They aren't even a threatening enemy.

Trolls get all uppity every once and a while, and we need to slap them down, the Zandalari just made it so we could do so with a bunch of different coloured things.
Crazily, the "Last Stand of the Zandalari" was their 3rd best army.
Their best armies where lost in the wars against the Aqir and Night elfs way back when. They could've been a force if they would've just layed low the idiots.

Alliance and Horde are at each others throat just find somewhere like Un'goro or go back to Zul'gurub and just slowly build up. But no we needed raid fodder sigh. Old Zandalari would've kicked !@#$.
They had a cause they believed in.

So does the Legion.

lol...

Weren't the Zandalari once good guys in the game? Why did they turn on everyone? I just loved them, the way they talked, the boss fight with Horridon is one of my favorite fights in the game.
04/18/2013 04:34 AMPosted by Eliil

So does the Legion.

lol...

Weren't the Zandalari once good guys in the game? Why did they turn on everyone? I just loved them, the way they talked, the boss fight with Horridon is one of my favorite fights in the game.

They were in Vanilla. I even got exalted with them back in the day. Well, not "good" exactly, but the lorekeepers and guardians of tradition of the Troll race. Not hostile and looking for help to clear out ZG.

But Blizzard decided they needed more crazy trolls to populate their content and had used up pretty much every other troll tribe, so: evil Zandalaris.

The official story is their island blew up and they went crazy under some new leader named Zul, whom nobody has seen. Because the obvious and logical course of action after a major natural disaster like that is to go to war against the Horde and Alliance.
Zandalar didnt blowup. Its sinking gradually into the waves. Zul predicted it would happen and harassed the Zandalari King till he allowed Zul to prepare the Golden Fleet. When the island started sinking Zul held the only way to survive so the power went to him.

At least this is what we seem to get from the Lorewalker scrolls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt18c2-6Vd4

We also know from tweets from the devs and from ingame documents that Zandalar is still probably slipping slowly into the ocean.

If we have an expac dealing with naga there is a good chance we will go there. After all Zandalar is probably the oldest non titan center of knowledge on the planet.

As for why they war with the Horde and Alliance, well, we have taken up most of the good spots in the world. Hell, they even tried going to one of the most isolated corners of the world to rebuild and we still got in their way.

Its not a great situation for them. The Horde and Alliance are already fighting over territory. Theres not much decent space on the planet left which doenst have a claim on it. Joining the horde would mean Garrosh so frankly I dont blame them for that. The Alliance races are traditionally enemies and agressive towards trolls so throwing themselves at the Alliance's mercy doesnt seem much better.

They dont have alot of options.
As for why they war with the Horde and Alliance, well, we have taken up most of the good spots in the world. Hell, they even tried going to one of the most isolated corners of the world to rebuild and we still got in their way.

You do know that Pandaria was not the first aggressive thing they did, right? The first thing was the new ZG and ZA. They tried uniting all the trolls under their flag and summoning various troll gods to get power. They pretty openly attacked both the Horde and Alliance in STV and Horde in Ghostlands. I think they just overestimated what the combined troll forces where actually capable of.

Pandaria you can understand, they didn't expect to run into us there. And it was a move of desperation.

Its not a great situation for them. The Horde and Alliance are already fighting over territory. Theres not much decent space on the planet left which doenst have a claim on it. Joining the horde would mean Garrosh so frankly I dont blame them for that. The Alliance races are traditionally enemies and agressive towards trolls so throwing themselves at the Alliance's mercy doesnt seem much better.

Given their history from vanilla, I actually think the smartest choice they could have made would be to approach the Alliance. They had a history of interaction benign enough to allow diplomacy to start. That would of course have had to be before the ZG & ZA incidents. But they wanted to become the leaders of a new great troll empire. They over reached themselves.
They'll be back, trying to set up shop elsewhere.

Hopefully they learn from Pandaria, I'd be interested to see them becoming something other than loot pinatas.
I hope at least some of them can survive and join us after we get rid of Garrosh. Getting tired of seeing my people as loot pinatas.
Trolls are the roaches of WoW

They'll survive anything.
Zandalar didnt blowup. Its sinking gradually into the waves. Zul predicted it would happen and harassed the Zandalari King till he allowed Zul to prepare the Golden Fleet. When the island started sinking Zul held the only way to survive so the power went to him.

At least this is what we seem to get from the Lorewalker scrolls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt18c2-6Vd4

We also know from tweets from the devs and from ingame documents that Zandalar is still probably slipping slowly into the ocean.

If we have an expac dealing with naga there is a good chance we will go there. After all Zandalar is probably the oldest non titan center of knowledge on the planet.

There's that, but as people have already said, we've not encountered Zul or Rastakhan yet, so we've only begun to scratch the surface on Zandalari raids, much to my chagrin.

Course, there's the recurring theme among all Troll groups of survival and endurance, no matter what may come. Take Zul'jin's speech, for example: "We never give up. We never forget. We never die."

Same ideas were retaken by Vol'jin in his short story, in which his ultimate lesson is that the Darkspear must endure, and again in his sound files for 5.3.

No doubt we'll learn more about the whole situation in Vol'jin: Shadows of the Horde, seeing as it's slated to feature a number of visions dealing with all periods of Troll history.
My guess is the dark spears are related to the dark trolls, who evolved into nightelves. The power they are talking about that is their birth right? The power of elune. My guess is vol jin would spit in Elund face and tell her the dark spears will worship only the loa and she can take her evolution else where, thereby making voljin a bad !@#$.