resto haste breakpoints 5.2

Shaman
Post Limit:
What haste cap should I be aiming for with my gear? I am assuming that I should be dropping these crit/spirit gems to reach a new haste point but I couldn't find any info.
Only one that really matters is the 961 or whatever it is. After that, go with what you feel is most comfortable. Only drop the crit/spirit to where you feel comfortable with your regen.
Only one that really matters is the 961 or whatever it is. After that, go with what you feel is most comfortable. Only drop the crit/spirit to where you feel comfortable with your regen.

Not entirely true.
Here's a compilation of all of our relevant haste breakpoints (quoted from another thread on shaman stats):

(1) Minimal haste (at least 871) with Ancestral Swiftness - This gives you the basic extra tick on HR, ELW and RT.
(2) 2017 haste with Elemental Mastery - You lose an ELW tick off the minimal haste build, but gain Elemental Mastery
(3) 3039 haste with Elemental Mastery - Same as (2) with an extra ELW tick.
(4) 3764 haste with Ancestral Swiftness - This gives you 1 extra tick of HST and HTT (provided this breakpoint works consistently for you - I recommend testing it).
(5) 5676 haste with Ancestral Swiftness - +1 tick of RT, HST, HTT from the Minimal Haste build
(6) 6077 haste with Elemental Mastery - Same as option (4) but lets you have EM for burst instead of AS.
(7) 7613 haste with Ancestral Swiftness - +1 tick of HR, RT, HST and HTT from the Minimal haste build

If your gear allows, the 3764 haste breakpoint is highly desired, especially once you get your t15 2-piece.

From a rough glance at your gear, it looks like your gear will allow you to hit that 3764 haste breakpoint and you should be able to keep your spirit/crit gems.

If you don't have a reforging addon already I suggest ReforgeLite, it's very easy to use and reforges all of your gear with a few clicks.

At higher ilvls with the legendary gem, some shamans are also going with the 7613 haste breakpoint.
Charts help me:

http://elitistjerks.com/f79/t130574-resto_its_raining_heals_5_2_a/#Haste

Personally, I am going for the 9.98% breakpoint and take Elementary Mastery, as it has a 1.5 minute cool down. If you use that before the HTT and then drop the HST totem before the buff runs out, you get a fair amount of totem healing.

The problem with the 3764 Haste point is that it doesn't always give you an extra tick based on your latency. I usually get about 9 ticks, but the 10th doesn't seem to come unless my haste is around 4200 instead. I think if you get to that 7613 breakpoint, then you don't have to worry about the latency issue.
I'm far beyond the 3764 breakpoint now, but when it was the only one I could achieve, I ran with just over 4k Haste and got my extra HST & HTT ticks.

Apparently the problem is due to latency, somehow, so the amount of Haste "cushioning" beyond breakpoints each person needs to reliably get their extra ticks varies from person to person.
04/21/2013 04:49 PMPosted by Dezie

Not entirely true.
Here's a compilation of all of our relevant haste breakpoints (quoted from another thread on shaman stats):

(1) Minimal haste (at least 871) with Ancestral Swiftness - This gives you the basic extra tick on HR, ELW and RT.
(2) 2017 haste with Elemental Mastery - You lose an ELW tick off the minimal haste build, but gain Elemental Mastery
(3) 3039 haste with Elemental Mastery - Same as (2) with an extra ELW tick.
(4) 3764 haste with Ancestral Swiftness - This gives you 1 extra tick of HST and HTT (provided this breakpoint works consistently for you - I recommend testing it).
(5) 5676 haste with Ancestral Swiftness - +1 tick of RT, HST, HTT from the Minimal Haste build
(6) 6077 haste with Elemental Mastery - Same as option (4) but lets you have EM for burst instead of AS.
(7) 7613 haste with Ancestral Swiftness - +1 tick of HR, RT, HST and HTT from the Minimal haste build

If your gear allows, the 3764 haste breakpoint is highly desired, especially once you get your t15 2-piece.

From a rough glance at your gear, it looks like your gear will allow you to hit that 3764 haste breakpoint and you should be able to keep your spirit/crit gems.

If you don't have a reforging addon already I suggest ReforgeLite, it's very easy to use and reforges all of your gear with a few clicks.

At higher ilvls with the legendary gem, some shamans are also going with the 7613 haste breakpoint.

It becomes different with goblins keep in mind. Just wanted to point that out.
Lol the chart does have goblins, raid buff haste, and whether or not you take ancestral swiftness.

Seriously, check out the chart.

http://elitistjerks.com/f79/t130574-resto_its_raining_heals_5_2_a/#Haste
I have not done Heroic raid content so i am not going to try and push numbers on anything. But i will point out the logic about only the concept of output. IF you are taking spirit away and hitting higher points of haste breakpoints, crit, etc then that will up your output. What people are forgetting is if no one is dieing during the fight (due to lack of heals not due to stupid) then there is a LIMITED AMOUNT OF HEALING so if your output goes up by 5% that means others are going down by 5%. Which means when you are looking at the spread of OH im 20% under the top person it is now less then 15% (not going to say 10% because you are stealing from everyone elses heals not just the top person).

So stop using the logic of OH my output is only going up by 5% and im 20% under top. If the numbers you are presenting is right then yes you only gain 5% but the charts will show it as a bigger gain between you and the top heals.