Haunting spirits a suggestion

General Discussion
Right now you can buy blood spirits with valor, why not allow us to buy haunting spirits as well. It would serve many purposes first it would give people to spend their valor on instead of letting it stockpile. Second, it would allow casuals to slowly get the materials they need for that item they want to craft and give us a sense of the light at the end of the tunnel. Currently on my server haunting spirits cost almost 10k per so if, I wanted to craft two items it would cost me over 160k. I do not see the price ever going down just like sha crystals have not gone down in price either thus the wep enchant I want to use cost more than I care to spend. Just an idea to appease both raiders and casuals hell if someone wanted to buy the spirits with valor and sell them on the ah for those that do not farm valor again another win for all. Just a thought it is no different than if I earned my 1k valor a week to buy valor gear to which, I am doing currently.
Didn't read, too long.
No.
Right now you can buy blood spirits with valor, why not allow us to buy haunting spirits as well. It would serve many purposes first it would give people to spend their valor on instead of letting it stockpile. Second, it would allow casuals to slowly get the materials they need for that item they want to craft and give us a sense of the light at the end of the tunnel. Currently on my server haunting spirits cost almost 10k per so if, I wanted to craft two items it would cost me over 160k. I do not see the price ever going down just like sha crystals have not gone down in price either thus the wep enchant I want to use cost more than I care to spend. Just an idea to appease both raiders and casuals hell if someone wanted to buy the spirits with valor and sell them on the ah for those that do not farm valor again another win for all. Just a thought it is no different than if I earned my 1k valor a week to buy valor gear to which, I am doing currently.

Because Blood Spirits aren't current content. In 5.4 they'll likely do that for Haunting Spirits. The valor thing crashed the Blood Spirit market. They're down to about 150g each on my server. They were about 1k each or so before hand.
Seriously, who cares about the market, I mean really does having a ton of gold that you will never spend really serve a purpose unless you are a gold farmer who sells gold for money on the internet. Crafted gear should be as obtainable as valor gear in my opinion not easy to get but not impossible either. And 10k per spirit is ridiculous.
Because normal/heroic raider's would cry, And they are the only one's allowed to cry about stuff and be right, and have a right to. Don't you know?

I forgot about this but they should not cry either because they still can win by crafting the BoE's and selling it on the AH, and it would give them something to use that valor on.
Seriously, who cares about the market, I mean really does having a ton of gold that you will never spend really serve a purpose unless you are a gold farmer who sells gold for money on the internet. Crafted gear should be as obtainable as valor gear in my opinion not easy to get but not impossible either. And 10k per spirit is ridiculous.

Better question: if you aren't raiding, why do you need raid level gear?
Because doing so would basically make it an instant two slots of 522 for everybody, which isn't their intent. Its easy enough to farm the valor on an alt you wouldn't otherwise be playing, and use that to buy the mats for your regular characters, or do it just to sell them.

Blizz has a time table in mind for how fast players will get all their 522s. And a rough order of which slots will get those upgrades earlier vs later.

That's what the raid lockouts are about, what the valor cap is about, what the valor gear being gated behind a rep grind is about, and what having these crafted items come from a disenchanting mat they know will be very rare to start and will get somewhat more available the tier progresses.

All as intended.

Plus it provides a source of income for raiding guilds to cover expenses. That's probably intentional too?
04/21/2013 12:52 PMPosted by Kazecap

then why even have valor gear available for non raiders?
Because doing so would basically make it an instant two slots of 522 for everybody, which isn't their intent. Its easy enough to farm the valor on an alt you wouldn't otherwise be playing, and use that to buy the mats for your regular characters, or do it just to sell them.

Blizz has a time table in mind for how fast players will get all their 522s. And a rough order of which slots will get those upgrades earlier vs later.

That's what the raid lockouts are about, what the valor cap is about, what the valor gear being gated behind a rep grind is about, and what having these crafted items come from a disenchanting mat they know will be very rare to start and will get somewhat more available the tier progresses.

All as intended.

Plus it provides a source of income for raiding guilds to cover expenses. That's probably intentional too?

Best response I have seen but let us say they place a cost on them of 1250 valor per spirit, I do not see how it would be an instant two slot 522; with luck, a raider can walk out of a dungeon with more than just two slots upgraded. and lets not forget that the plans are a random discovery you first must discover the plan you want.
04/21/2013 12:53 PMPosted by Fanoin

then why even have valor gear available for non raiders?

To give you the light you are complaining about here.

Because normal/heroic raider's would cry, And they are the only one's allowed to cry about stuff and be right, and have a right to. Don't you know?

Yes. Raiders are the only ones that complain and cry.
My guild is mostly our raid team(10 man) so we don't have a lot of income. At the start of this tier we had like 5k gold in the bank, thanks to haunting spirit we have 100k now and you now what? it wont last until the next tier is released. We spent a lot in guild repairs when trying to down a new boss and around 3k for flasks a night.

If we didn't had these raids mats I wouldn't be able to offer my team free repairs and most of them don't have time to farm, they just log in time to raid and have to go to sleep after the raid is over. Raiding is not cheap.
no

To give you the light you are complaining about here.

Yes. Raiders are the only ones that complain and cry.

Learn to read, I never said they were the only ones that DO cry, I am saying in their eye's they are the only one's allowed to cry. And something like this they would cry about.
\

Sorry I misinterpreted your idiotic mass generalization. I assumed were being a bigger idiot than you actually were. My bad.
My guild is mostly our raid team(10 man) so we don't have a lot of income. At the start of this tier we had like 5k gold in the bank, thanks to haunting spirit we have 100k now and you now what? it wont last until the next tier is released. We spent a lot in guild repairs when trying to down a new boss and around 3k for flasks a night.

If we didn't had these raids mats I wouldn't be able to offer my team free repairs and most of them don't have time to farm, they just log in time to raid and have to go to sleep after the raid is over. Raiding is not cheap.

When I raided eons ago before I became a casual, it was up to each member of the raid team to provide their own flasks, pots, food buffs and have enough gold for repairs. Too which I still do even for LFR, hell in some ways LFR is harder because you get these people that just don't follow instructions, afk and what not I can't count how many times I have wiped due to raiding with random people with random goals. i forgot and a lot of them don't even speak the same language
I didn't know a fancy hat and some shoes were such a big deal, pretty sure we could have given crafters better access to the spirits and the world would still be fine.

Haha people still ask this retarded question.
I'd be inclined to do more dailies if I could buy Haunting Spirit for VP.

If you can kill the final boss in an expansion without using anything he drops, then you don't need it. It's more about prestige and personal progression. There's no need to use anything beyond starter gear to level, but we do anyway. It's the same principle.