Enraged regeneration. Blizzard obession.

Warrior
Post Limit:
What is blizzards freaken OBSESSION with coupling enrage effects with this ability? I know its called enraged regen and all but.......come the freak on. They just simply cannot let it go.

They've modified it like 3 times because the having an enrage coupled with it was making it bad. But they simply will not let it go.

For those who don't know, new enraged regen tooltip.

Enraged Regeneration no longer costs Rage. Now heals for 5% of total health, and another 5% over 5 sec, down from 10% initially and 10% additionally. Effects are doubled if used while Enraged.
The "developers" just want to make it "seem" more complex. I guarantee you that their official response to this would be something like: "We wanted to design a healing ability for the warrior that goes beyond just hitting one button to give more uniqueness to the gameplay".

Honestly i really wonder what they do with all the money and time they have. You would think that after all these years... You know what im just not even gonna get started.
With the rage gen from SWind going baseline, none of the L30 options will be worth taking. With none of them being useful, you might as well go with the talent that doesn't require you to press a button.

I don't mind warriors having lower self healing than other classes. In fact I prefer it that way. The problem is that most classes have strong self healing while warriors have very little. I would like to see the CD on Enraged Regeneration raised to 2-3 min CD and the heal getting boosted to 40-60%.
in cata it was 3 min to match rallying cry, i hate todays version.
In this expansion we are a poorly designed class. The same could be said for most of Cata. I honestly believe their Devs don't know what to do with us, lack the ability/judgment to fix us, and so we stagger on. We are definitely not one of their classes they give most of their attention or good ideas to. It blows. It gets old.
here's a thought to buff it, make the ability make the warrior enraged when he uses it. that would be a decent buff imo. probably too op but i don't know anyone that takes it anyway.
It's still utterly useless. The main reason being that it doesn't deter anything, the CD is way too long for a game that requires on the spot peels and heals, and for it to do anything you need to be enraged. 10% when not enraged (total healing) and 20% enraged instead of 3% every second while under 35% health? Yea, I think I will take the latter, primarily because of this reason:
Dropped below 35%, stormbolt, leap to pillar, wait 3 seconds, back to 35% and topped a little over from a recurring tick instead of:
Using enraged regen, only go up 20%, receive any number of attacks that deals 20% of your health in damage, no more healing after that.
@Duncon ... the player base is able to come up with better ideas than the Devs. LOL.
Should be a passive

Enraged Regenation - Heals you for 10% over 3 second whenever you become enraged
They need to hire some of you guys.
Damage has gotten to a point where none of our heals have any effect on the outcome of a fight (PvP wise). They don't even slow down our death. Hell, I bet we could have all 3 at the same time and we'd still have to sit in defensive stance in case anyone looked at us.
The "developers" just want to make it "seem" more complex. I guarantee you that their official response to this would be something like: "We wanted to design a healing ability for the warrior that goes beyond just hitting one button to give more uniqueness to the gameplay".

Honestly i really wonder what they do with all the money and time they have. You would think that after all these years... You know what im just not even gonna get started.

Agreed.

Who cares what they do with it unless it actually becomes worth taking?

Even a 20% heal over 10 seconds is borderline useless in today's PvP environment. Rallying Cry is an instant 20% yet even that has very rarely saved from certain death in PvP this xpac.

Double agreed.
I had no idea Talent Tier 2 was all about PVP self healing! [/sarcasm]

Stop this nonsense. What do you care about Enraged Reneration if you're going to take Second Wind anyway?

The game doesn't revolve around PVP at all. If that was the case, they'd give it more effort to balance classes AND specs WITHOUT having to worry about affecting the PVE aspect of the game.

It's clearly obvious that they're trying to make this more attractive for PVE. The fact that you have high enrage uptime (due to high levels of Crit) in PVE gear makes this a considerable option for raiding.

Also, keep in mind that PVP is having an overhaul for 5.3. Not only are they giving base resilience by default (instead of resilience on gear), they're also making PVP power affect SELF-HEALS. Until then, you have no idea how "good" this talent will be until further testing with regards to PVP Power.
I had no idea Talent Tier 2 was all about PVP self healing! [/sarcasm]

Stop this nonsense. What do you care about Enraged Reneration if you're going to take Second Wind anyway?

The game doesn't revolve around PVP at all. If that was the case, they'd give it more effort to balance classes AND specs WITHOUT having to worry about affecting the PVE aspect of the game.

It's clearly obvious that they're trying to make this more attractive for PVE. The fact that you have high enrage uptime (due to high levels of Crit) in PVE gear makes this a considerable option for raiding.

Also, keep in mind that PVP is having an overhaul for 5.3. Not only are they giving base resilience by default (instead of resilience on gear), they're also making PVP power affect SELF-HEALS. Until then, you have no idea how "good" this talent will be until further testing with regards to PVP Power.

Battle fatigue ensures that it will be less than a 20% heal even with full PvP power. Add MS effects and you are probably down into single digit percentages even when enraged.

And pretty much no one will ever take ER over IV for PvE other than maybe a tank, and even that it debatable.
So long as battle fatigue affects our heals, I'm dismissing that entire talent tier as nearly useless for PvP anyways.
enraged regen is a complete joke, especially at 5/5. 10/10 its ok, but not worth it, talented and a 1 minute cooldown... please lol. if it was 10/10 baseline on a 3min cd then I think it would be good. then they could replace the current enraged regen talent with something that increases its effects and if prot had some sort of passive that reduced it's cooldown. so it might actually be worth picking up for some situations. second wind seemed gimpy with battle fatigue, but i haven't played warrior in a few months. i wanted to test it on ptr, but alas.. they completely broke second wind, and it doesn't work at all.

And pretty much no one will ever take ER over IV for PvE other than maybe a tank, and even that it debatable.

Strictly speaking from a PvE, I use ER...When popped after Last Stand, it's actually a pretty decent Oh, Snap! button.

However, with this change, I think its utility is severly altered and will look into the other one (not Second Wind...thats laughable as a PvE tanking talent).
enraged regen is useless and always will be as long as second wind is better. in all reality second wind should a passive ability warriors automatically get at lvl 90 to compliment the healing talent chosen at lvl 30. then warriors would be back to where they were before cata. back in wotlk warriors would get enraged regen as an ability and would talent into second wind...that was nice. its hard to be a warrior fighting against healers with nothing more than a wing and a prayer on second wind and NO back up unless your lucky enough to get a heal from someone. thats why the healing from second wind wasnt nerfed to 2% like they wanted a few months ago...warriors would be crippled then...it cant be nerfed and thats a problem but if warriors could have 2 heals then a nerf would be possible and a more balanced playing field could be achieved.