From one class to another...

Priest
Let me just say thank you to, essentially, every priest I've met. You have enhanced my gaming experience throughout the entire time I've played wow and I know a class has little to do with the player, considering that a player could play all classes. However, every priest, shadow, disc or holy, has looked out for me in the random bgs I've been in, world pvp, dungeons, raids and pretty much every place I've been to in this game at this point.

Maybe it has to do with the play style of being a healer or supporter. Whatever it may be, you've made this rogue take an interest in you.

I've never once felt bad for sacrificing myself to meet an end. Even if it was just to stall an enemy team at the beginning of a bg, I would open up on whoever I could after using distract. Feeling as though I had little purpose when I first played. I thought, scouts go down often being the first on scene or in the fray to deter the enemy.

However, just when I would think my life would meet its end, a moments reprieve in the midst of battle came over me in the form of a glorious wall of light. Only to feel restored shortly after.

To all those priests who dared to risk themselves by helping the leveling rogue accomplish his goal of stopping enemy druids and monks from running free, thank you.

To those I've peeled for, it was my pleasure... Stabbing is something I do well and thanks to you, something I've been able to do for quite a while now.
I <3 rogues defending a node with me, while I'm being Bait. Hiding quietly and popping up when I get the inevitable charge stun, etc. I'll shield and Renew you while we kill the red names and heal you afterwards.

Thanks for watching my back.

^_^
My main in Vanilla was a Rogue. He was epic and he made PVP videos. Over time I've played every class and currently play a Priest. I do find that the class has more people rolling here that want to primarily heal, than other classes in the game and perhaps that mindset translates to actions on average in BG.

Shaman, imo, share this trait to a certain extent.

Either way, right back at you Mr. Rogue. Your class is my first love and will always be my fondest. Best of luck in your nefarious endeavors, and in BGs, be sure to dispatch your enemies quickly, and without hesitation......unless that enemy is me, in which case may you pass unseen and unbroken.
One thing I believe all priests have in common, whether it is only when a player is playing his/her priest or whether it is something that is innate to the person IRL, is the will to help. Even a shadow priest s a priest and although immersed in the dark art of twisting minds we also have many abilities that help to keep our teammates alive in a pinch -- which is after all, to our benefit because lets face it priests have their weaknesses.

Though I have played a rogue, I never got her to 90, rather she is stuck in time at 60 and I visit her rarely. I, being a stereotypical girl, like to play classes that cast. Oh, and holy paladins. :D

Thank you for your love of priestliness <3
I, being a stereotypical girl, like to play classes that cast

*makes tsking sputtering noises at that comment*

There's no such thing as a stereotypical girl. Get over that kind of nonsense - girls can do anything.

Our current guild pally tank is a girl. Previous bear tank was a girl. Some of the best rogues and warriors I've known over the years were girls. Another girl I know mains a dps DK, others are hunters.

True that many have healers and most are more comfortable at range. I'd rather see the entire stage that just the boss's bellybutton or behind >_<. But I have a few melee chars also and I like playing them too.

Do not say "stereotypical girl" ever again, in-game or IRL. =)
I, being a stereotypical girl, like to play classes that cast

*makes tsking sputtering noises at that comment*

There's no such thing as a stereotypical girl. Get over that kind of nonsense - girls can do anything.

Our current guild pally tank is a girl. Previous bear tank was a girl. Some of the best rogues and warriors I've known over the years were girls. Another girl I know mains a dps DK, others are hunters.

True that many have healers and most are more comfortable at range. I'd rather see the entire stage that just the boss's bellybutton or behind >_<. But I have a few melee chars also and I like playing them too.

Do not say "stereotypical girl" ever again, in-game or IRL. =)

I think you misinterpreted the definition of stereotypical. She isn't saying she thinks all girls are casters and that there aren't females like you who are comfortable in melee range or dealing physical damage. She is making a reference to a stereotype many players have of girls being casters and since you are a priest who is female, you fit the stereotype whether you like it or not. I don't agree with the stereotype, but it is out there.
04/25/2013 07:50 PMPosted by Tyylur
She is making a reference to a stereotype many players have of girls being casters and since you are a priest who is female, you fit the stereotype whether you like it or not.

There's no reason to perpetuate the stereotype by *saying* it yourself. Even mockingly (which should have "quotes") it reinforces the lame girl gamer image. Nothing wrong with dps casters nor healers. In fact, more power to us.

btw, you're on the Priest Forum, who the hell do you suppose posts here? Priests. Who are casters. duh.

True, there may be a lot of girls here but many of the female priest avatars are male players. In fact, probably like 60~70% are male.
Well, male, female, Forsaken or Blood elf, I thank you Priest and Priestesses.
04/25/2013 03:42 PMPosted by Traumadoll
I, being a stereotypical girl, like to play classes that cast.

:(

No. Don't say this. (PS: The actual stereotype is that girls like to play healers, not casters in general.)
Tail seems to tank well enough.
HEHEHEHE
HEHEHEHE

Go back to your priest. I quite enjoy not wondering when the hell I posted in every thread. :|
We got your back :D