Mogu Rune of Fate – Lesser Charm Change

General Discussion
Post Limit:
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
I'm still far too sick of dailies to consider farming for those charms each week. My gear shows this. ><
I appreciate the fact that you lowered the charms needed but I do pet battles to cap my 3 90s charms for the week and doing them today after this hotfix ive noticed a drastic decrease in charms recieved from pet battling. i do about 15 pet battles and i get 2 lesser charms. ive been trying for about an hour now to get my charms capped before raid and i ended up with 27, i started with 9... it used to take me 2 hours to cap the 90 lesser charms but ive not even ended up with half that with the change.
...why even require charms anymore?
04/23/2013 06:16 PMPosted by Khyron
I appreciate the fact that you lowered the charms needed but I do pet battles to cap my 3 90s charms for the week and doing them today after this hotfix ive noticed a drastic decrease in charms recieved from pet

I have seen at least 5 posts over the last month saying omg this day my charms are not dropping from pet battles, did they get nerfed. Its just rng.
i know its rng but rng or not they have decreased the number of charms and how often rng even procs. like i said it used to take 2 hours to get around 90 charms but today i was farming for about an hour and i recieved less then 20. I do pet battles on 3 different 90s so I think I'm aware of how rng works for pet battles. i used to get around 4-6 per 5 battles before this fix but now am getting about 2 per 15 battles which is a drastic decrease. believe me i know rng and rng or not this is a decrease.
I like to give Blizzard a suggestion / feedback to add back the Lesser Charms to Elder Charm conversion.

Using the same NPC, just add back the same weekly quest.
It will be better still if , I could use 50 lesser charms for Elder and 50 Charms for Mogu per week

I have a few ALTs starting out at level 90 and being able to change for Mogu Charm is a good thing. However, as being a new 90, i will not able to use the Mogu Charm for a good while, having an option to still change Elder Charm will be a better choice. As i will be able to use them in the lower tier LFR.

I know there is the new Isle of Thunder daily hub, that gives Elder Charm as rewards , however it is not a 100% drop rate, even in the Lei Shen Key run.

When one luck goes bad , sometimes 0 Elder Charm for the week.

Having a guarantee 3 Elder Charm / week is not a lot to ask i hope ;)

....because why should you get a bonus roll for no effort whatsoever?

90 as it is was barely any effort, Golden Lotus dailies alone give you 30 some charms.
04/24/2013 01:03 AMPosted by Tredain

....because why should you get a bonus roll for no effort whatsoever?

90 as it is was barely any effort, Golden Lotus dailies alone give you 30 some charms.

I was referring to the fact in 5.3, they drop from level 90 mobs. All mobs in the Barrens are guaranteed to drop at least 1.

It'd be simpler to just give every 3 bonus rolls a week at this rate.

I like to give Blizzard a suggestion / feedback to add back the Lesser Charms to Elder Charm conversion.

Using the same NPC, just add back the same weekly quest.
It will be better still if , I could use 50 lesser charms for Elder and 50 Charms for Mogu per week

I have a few ALTs starting out at level 90 and being able to change for Mogu Charm is a good thing. However, as being a new 90, i will not able to use the Mogu Charm for a good while, having an option to still change Elder Charm will be a better choice. As i will be able to use them in the lower tier LFR.

I know there is the new Isle of Thunder daily hub, that gives Elder Charm as rewards , however it is not a 100% drop rate, even in the Lei Shen Key run.

Having a guarantee 3 Elder Charm / week is not a lot to ask i hope ;)

Go to the Isle of Thunder. Pay people for them to use their Incantations of Deng/Haqin/etc. and let you have the coffer. They drop a Fortuitous Coffer that always contains at least 1 Elder Charm.
We’re deploying a hotfix late tonight that will reduce the number of Lesser Charms of Good Fortune required to purchase 3 Mogu Runes of Fate from 90 down to 50. Meaning when you log in Tuesday and purchase your 3 Mogu Runes of Fate, which are used for 5.2 raid boss bonus rolls, it will only cost you 50 Lesser Charms.

We recommend waiting until after the scheduled Tuesday maintenance to ensure this change has gone through before purchasing your Runes. Maintenance is currently scheduled to begin Tuesday, April 23, at 7:00 a.m. PDT.

YAY!... so glad youre doing this .. it was soooo tough to get 90 lesser coins every single week on all 5 lvl 90's
We’re deploying a hotfix late tonight that will reduce the number of Lesser Charms of Good Fortune required to purchase 3 Mogu Runes of Fate from 90 down to 50. Meaning when you log in Tuesday and purchase your 3 Mogu Runes of Fate, which are used for 5.2 raid boss bonus rolls, it will only cost you 50 Lesser Charms.

Why? Seriously, if people dont more stacks of charms than they can spend after thunder island then they arent contributing to the effort. Might as well make them free. Seems like thats what people really want, isnt it?
Why? Seriously, if people dont more stacks of charms than they can spend after thunder island then they arent contributing to the effort. Might as well make them free. Seems like thats what people really want, isnt it?

you try getting 90 lesser coins every week with 6 or 7 or 8 lvl 90s... good luck,, i welcome the change
Doesn't matter much to me. Twenty-seven chances for loot in 5.2 with bonus rolls and nothing but gold. It's depressing to waste so much time for gold.
I'm happy. I don't mind dailies and rep grinds, I find them enjoyable, but don't want to HAVE to farm every week, being busy with classes and all.
In my opinion, up the drop rate of actual loot for these nearly useless runes, OR give us more per week... used about 20 so far in 5.2.... yet to see anything but GOLD! If I want gold, I'll go do more dailies. ~26g does nothing for me...
It's a little frightening to read on how many of these little charms people have right now.

I get 20 each week. find a trove of thunder king, it'll have the lei shen key and a fortuitous coffer that will drop a few charms.

Then do the key run. You only need to stay in the first two rooms max out your charms. Watch a video guide and it is really easy.
What they won't tell you: The chances of getting loot from a coin have been reduced by 80%