Diminishing Returns on Fear...

Battlegrounds
cause rogues have so many fears????

No, but you have just as many stuns... some of which you can dwindle people under 50k in...
Then you have to make all instant heals unusable in PvP. The reason why there is so much CC is because healing was out of control in cataclysm. Oh right the people that want less CC are the rogues and mages who want to go back to dominating.

Dear God, that is not the reason there is so much CC.

Just stop.

Actually that is the reason. Blizzard designed healers to be able to survive 3-4 vs 1 which led to healing being stupid op. Well, you can't gimp the healers by making them easy kills. So, Blizzard introduces more cc as away to control heals. The absurd amount of cc has almost achieved what Blizzard was trying to prevent. Instead of being dead all the time, you just have no control. Either way, the game is less fun.
04/24/2013 06:46 PMPosted by Jugaa

No, but you have just as many stuns... some of which you can dwindle people under 50k in...

We have Cheap Shot, which requires stealth. We have Kidney shot, which requires combo points and shares DR with Kidney Shot. We have Gouge and Blind, which break on damage.

Our cc is not as god mode as you think it is.
If you say so. Fear is not as god mode either. They took away blood fear as the masses wanted, and gave us something better imo.
They should give fear a 45 second cooldown.

They can glyph it for 35 seconds if they want.
They should give fear a 45 second cooldown.

We do have a 30 second CD on blood horror. And regular fear, yea just gl casting anything.
...seem nonexistent. If I sit an 8 second fear, because there are plenty of DPS on the target, and Burst of Speed back in, I will take another 8 second fear to the face
.... This is from a human with every man for themself... why are you sitting in an 8 second fear? I could get like a sap or something that is before combat but an incombat cc? But anyways I really don't trust this, especially because I have seen my own fear duration. I see the numbers go down and have never seen this on either my warlock or my priest.
What MIGHT be happening is if you go back in and the warlock horrifies you (say you hit him and it triggers 4 second BH) and during the last 2 seconds the warlock fears you, puttin a 4 second fear on you and it SEEMS like another 8 second long fear. I've chained those before.

Also, I would like to see Horrification and Fear share a DR, unless it already does, which it doesn't seem to be the case.
Says the rogue with Every Man for Themselves. Just... leave... 8/10 trolling attempt now leave... -_-

04/24/2013 06:45 PMPosted by Yeps
A Rogue complaining about fear, give me a break!!!!!!!

i don't take issue with it beign a rogue, i take issue with it being a human rogue.
OKAY. I'm going to, sadly, actually make a post about why horrify cannot, should not, and will never have diminishing returns. And make it really simple. Cause apparently this is a thing that multiple peopel are bringing up.

The amount of horrify effects are SMALL. I think only 3 exist in the game. Psychic horror = shadowpriest, blood horror = only triggered on physical attack, and mortal coil. AKA these are supposed to be extremely strong, and not meant for spamming cc's.

1. The have a cd longer than 23 seconds. Hence how can they suffer from the 23 second DR if psychic horror has 45 sec cd, mortal coil has 45 sec, and bh has 30 sec? nly way I can think is if not only does a warlock and spriest chain theirs together perfectly, but you also stupidly hit the warlock with BH up without putting up a countermeasure first. AKA it's your fault in the end. In fac,t from what I undertsand, they do suffer from their own DR. The reason you don't notice it is because they're so infrequent and short that you can't tell.
2. "it should share DR with fear". THE REASON THIS WAS EVEN INVENTED WAS BECAUSE IT WAS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE SHARED WITH FEAR! IF IT WAS MEANT TO BE SHARED WITH FEAR, WHY WOULDN'T THEY JUST CALL IT A FEAR EFFECT? The reason "horrify" was made was because it was supposed to be short, emergency cc that would not break. As oppposed to fear being a long but easily breakable cc that had a cast time. They are two entirely different mechanics. It would be like me saying "I think stuns and incapacitates should share DR". They're 2 different cc mechanics.
3. What good would an emergency cc be that doesn't cc? That's like having an emergency raft with a hole in it.

TL;DR: This shouldn't need an explanation, this should be common sense. People calling for horrifies to be nerfed just... /sigh.
Diminishing Returns on Fear...

its an urban legend
04/24/2013 06:05 PMPosted by Tulok
feared for 8 secs...running back 15 seconds...getting feared again...repeat

This the problem with fears. The pathing turns an 8 second cc into a 15-20 second cc.

Exactly!!!! You take an 8 second fear and it runs you 8-15 seconds away then you have to run back and eat another fear, while they blast you at range.
OKAY. I'm going to, sadly, actually make a post about why horrify cannot, should not, and will never have diminishing returns. And make it really simple. Cause apparently this is a thing that multiple peopel are bringing up.

The amount of horrify effects are SMALL. I think only 3 exist in the game. Psychic horror = shadowpriest, blood horror = only triggered on physical attack, and mortal coil. AKA these are supposed to be extremely strong, and not meant for spamming cc's.

1. The have a cd longer than 23 seconds. Hence how can they suffer from the 23 second DR if psychic horror has 45 sec cd, mortal coil has 45 sec, and bh has 30 sec? nly way I can think is if not only does a warlock and spriest chain theirs together perfectly, but you also stupidly hit the warlock with BH up without putting up a countermeasure first. AKA it's your fault in the end. In fac,t from what I undertsand, they do suffer from their own DR. The reason you don't notice it is because they're so infrequent and short that you can't tell.
2. "it should share DR with fear". THE REASON THIS WAS EVEN INVENTED WAS BECAUSE IT WAS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE SHARED WITH FEAR! IF IT WAS MEANT TO BE SHARED WITH FEAR, WHY WOULDN'T THEY JUST CALL IT A FEAR EFFECT? The reason "horrify" was made was because it was supposed to be short, emergency cc that would not break. As oppposed to fear being a long but easily breakable cc that had a cast time. They are two entirely different mechanics. It would be like me saying "I think stuns and incapacitates should share DR". They're 2 different cc mechanics.
3. What good would an emergency cc be that doesn't cc? That's like having an emergency raft with a hole in it.

TL;DR: This shouldn't need an explanation, this should be common sense. People calling for horrifies to be nerfed just... /sigh.

Don't nerf me bro!
I can swear to god i was feared twice for 8 seconds each time.

I think first time was regular Scream (priest fear)

and 2nd time he feared me via little shadow mob they spawn

2 8 sec fears in a row!!
I can swear to god i was feared twice for 8 seconds each time.

I think first time was regular Scream (priest fear)

and 2nd time he feared me via little shadow mob they spawn

2 8 sec fears in a row!!

You can swear this but I doubt it was true, next time try to counter spell the shadowderp monster thing.
why would you necro this thread, people make new fear QQ threads to post in before the fear on their character is even done
and no fear does infact DR
you thinking it doesn't, doesn't mean it doesn't have drs.
it does.
this thread can't even handle me right now
Deja vu

Where you been homie
09/09/2013 12:08 PMPosted by Shieldbâsh
Deja vu

Where you been homie

that posts 5 months old
09/09/2013 12:11 PMPosted by Goofin

Where you been homie

that posts 5 months old

Oh have seen him Diablo 3, he said he may be back 5.4 but not seen him in WOW.... O well

that posts 5 months old

Oh have seen him Diablo 3, he said he may be back 5.4 but not seen him in WOW.... O well

He SPOKE to you?!? Good for you, I didn't make it past his DND status on RealID. I would welcome his return in 5.4.