T15 useless?

Priest
I've read around, and there is a rumor that the T-15 Shadowy apparitions which refresh your Dot's are NOT refreshing them with their original buffs (i.e., if you placed VT and SW:Pain up with Power Infusion, a trinket haste buff, Lightweave, etc, they would normally stay up their entire duration with that buff... HOWEVER, if a Shadowy appirition hits and refreshes your DoT's 1/4 of the way through their life, it will refresh them with whatever buff you do OR DO NOT have up at that point in time)

Hence, it's being theorized that the T15 is useless.

Does anyone else have any feedback on this? am I completely wrong? anyone know?
I believe T15 2p is actually technically less than useless in its current (presumably bugged?) state.
DoTs are refreshed with whatever buffs you currently have, so you are correct. A new snapshot is taken on refresh.
The idea behind it to allow you more GCDs. I've had dots refresh to 30-40 seconds, resulting in me being able to use more GCDs for Mind Blast, DP, etc. I say it's worth it to upgrade. I actually think Tier 14 2 set + tier 15 2 set is a good combo.

Even if I lose a little DPS from losing the buffs I originally had when I cast my DoTs, it makes up for the difference in the amount of GCDs you get.
The idea behind it to allow you more GCDs. I've had dots refresh to 30-40 seconds, resulting in me being able to use more GCDs for Mind Blast, DP, etc. I say it's worth it to upgrade. I actually think Tier 14 2 set + tier 15 2 set is a good combo.

Even if I lose a little DPS from losing the buffs I originally had when I cast my DoTs, it makes up for the difference in the amount of GCDs you get.

It seems that the set removes the ability to snapshot your dots effectively during temporary haste buffs.

In exchange, you have to refresh your dots less often and hence increase the uptime on Mind Flay and possibly other dots in general.

In theory, we would be prioritizing orb generators and dot uptime, so most likely and most beneficially this would increase the overall ticks we got per fight from Mind Flay, at the cost of a core mechanic(snap-shotting) which is unarguably a dps increase.

I would hope that it was bugged, but without the numbers I can only assume that yes, less than worthless. It seems that this set bonus would actually be a detriment to overall DPS depending on how your trinketed.
Currently t15 2 piece is recalculating haste to its base form as soon as an apparition even adds 1 tick. So what's happening is I am casting shadow word pain with berserking. A shadowy apparition extends the dot. Even if berserking is still up, the apparition wipes out bereserking. This happens with all temp haste buffs. Two piece t15 is a dps loss at the moment because of this bug.
It really depends on you level of play. At this time as I understand it, if you have the awareness to refresh DoTs before temporary buffs drop every time then the 2 set currently seems to be lowering your DPS when ShAs refresh the DoTs, relative to you not using the two set and having comparable (or thunderforged) ilvl gear and the LMG (Legnedary Meta Gem). However, if you are not this adept at eeking out every smidgen of damage or don't have comparable non-tier gear and LMG, which lets face it is the majority of players out there, then the set can still be seen as boost to damage albeit a minor one, unless you are unable to stay on top of your dot uptimes in which case it may be a greater bonus.

This issue as been brought before the developers by several high end theorycrafters and should you want to keep track of progress on fixing the matter or further information I would suggest you check out and read this thread:

http://www.howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3397
If you're playing shadow correctly (refreshing with procs), it's a bit of a DPS loss for now. SA extensions of dots seem to completely remove haste buffs from dots, whether or not you even still have the haste buff on you. Beyond the "base duration" of the dot, it seems to be resnapshotting stats as well, which dramatically reduces the effectiveness of the bonus if you're used to refreshing them for dots fairly often anyway. I can't find it anymore, but I remember there was a blue post or GC tweet saying it should only be recalculating the crit chance of dots when they're extended beyond their base duration..

I really doubt that they'll let the tier bonus stand as a DPS loss. It'll be fixed Soon (tm).
I guess I look at it from a different angle. Throughout the fight your dots are dropping off less often, which results in more big damage spells you get to cast.

Yes, if you refresh your DoT right before heroism ends, and an apparition happens to hit your target (and you get lucky with the 65% chance), it will reset to your current values, resulting in a DPS loss. Ultimately it is DPS neutral (or possibly a DPS increase) if you factor in more GCDs throughout a fight.

I don't know, I guess I will go read what the theorycrafters say.
Personally I am passing on tier gear. I don't mind seeing it go other classes because they have more gain from it.