When IC behavior gets creepy

Wyrmrest Accord
Prev 1 2 3 10 Next
Screenshot the creepiness. Post it somewhere public and laugh.
04/24/2013 03:35 PMPosted by Vandrysse
I can't help but wonder if this post is inspired by a certain Human creeper who seems to come after Dwarves and Gnomes on a regular basis...

I knew of the draenei, but there's a human one, too?

Could be the same guy on an alt. The Human one went after another Dwarf I know too. Didn't know about the Draenei. :P Ugh.
Watching this thread because I'm shaky on boundaries and for !@#$'s sake tell me if I do something stupid.
Could be the same guy on an alt. The Human one went after another Dwarf I know too. Didn't know about the Draenei. :P Ugh.

I'll tell you what creeps me out: imagining there are several of us going "It's that guy again?"
Watching this thread because I'm shaky on boundaries and for !@#$'s sake tell me if I do something stupid.

I have a feeling you aren't the kind of person we're talking about here. The people I mentioned earlier might in fact have some sort of delusional or psychotic disorder to imagine that we somehow had a relationship because of RP.

Usually if you're out of line somebody will tell you. It's creepy when they tell you repeatedly and it goes in one ear and out the other, and you start stalking them on alts because they had to /ignore you and start making things up to either sound like you two have something going on or to completely try to tear them down in a fit of rebuffed rage.

I really doubt you have anything to worry about, Milladee.
Back on Moon Guard our guild sometimes had some OOC creep-factor to deal with. Since we were RPing xenophobic religious extremists and all that jazz many people jumped to the conclusion that we must surely be that way OOC. It wasn't uncommon for us to be treated with obscene disrespect, rudeness, name calling, and other seemingly inexplicable negativity in OOC channels. Nearly everybody would lighten up after they got to know us, but a couple people just delusionally clung to notion that we are just projecting our own subconscious or conscious beliefs through our RP.

I don't think it's unreasonable of me to assume that if that's how they see RP that they're probably the crazy ones.

Being every different kind of acceptable weird will do that to us. :(

From what I've seen, you're all right.
Ari, would it be okay if I spiked your drink, bb? <3
Ari, would it be okay if I spiked your drink, bb? <3

Don't make me send a mess exodus of trash items to your mailbox again
I may be biased since I also tend to be a bit shaky on boundaries, but in my experience people who ask to be told if they do something stupid are the people I'm cool with shaky boundaries with.

Because they're usually also the ones who listen and stop when I say they're crossing boundaries, rather than pushing.
I don't think it's unreasonable of me to assume that if that's how they see RP that they're probably the crazy ones.

It's very hard to gauge, honestly.

The Scarlet March, for example, has always been pretty good by my standards. But I think you take the effort to make sure the IC/OOC line is pretty clear. It should fall on the aggressive party to make certain that the line is very clean.

I can honestly say you are none of the people that's being discussed. We love to see you at Guru and find Milladee's interesting problems both hilarious and entertaining. In fact we actively seek you out. I've never found anything you've rp'd with us in the least offensive. Admittedly I wasn't expecting the first question when you came to us the first time and was caught off guard, but started to laugh and tried to find an equally entertaining answer.

As for creepy? I've had a few :|

It can get irritating when you repeatedly say "No, not interested" over and over,especially if the person is considered a friend and you don't want to be rude. Eventually you -have- to say "Listen, stop now or I put you on ignore." I've had the most issue with men surprisingly.

I'm relatively easy going so I usually take some of the stranger things in stride. IC Civ has the personality of a turnip, which allows me the freedom to eyeball someone funny and simply grunt and walk away if they do or say something I deem past the line. Most people don't follow after Civ when he does that and those that do meet a cold shoulder. Some of the more persistent ones stop after an ooc whisper of "Enough please."

Several stalkers I've had to contact Gm's about after a series of alt parades, which is an extreme last resort in my mind as I like to get things handled without Gm assistance. But sometimes there's no choice.

*shrugs*

None of my characters are overly flirty so I've never met any boundaries. OOC though my penchant for referring to women as 'Darlin' has had people ask me not to. And always respectfully I stop. Only two people so far have requested that and it's perfectly understandable.
Screenshot the creepiness. Post it somewhere public and laugh.

Get banned from both these forums and the WRA.org forums for a callout.

Totally worth it.

I was banned from the old wow forums, might as well maintain the tradition here.
04/24/2013 07:47 PMPosted by Eldevane

Totally worth it.

I was banned from the old wow forums, might as well maintain the tradition here.

Didn't we have an old website for logging bad MRPs?

I could use a laugh or two.
04/24/2013 08:01 PMPosted by Sulphuras

Totally worth it.

Didn't we have an old website for logging bad MRPs?

I could use a laugh or two.

Try roleplayerslament.

Or some such rubbish.
Try roleplayerslament.

Or some such rubbish.

Oooh yeah, I remember that! Those sites were like, a guilty pleasure for me. I don't think I ever left any comments though. /prolurker

I don't think Rolplayerslament has updated in years though.
Last I checked, the people who ran Roleplayer's Lament switched to TOR some time ago.

That said, sometimes I wish there was a site like that just, instead of posting MRPs that are deemed bad, it posted people in the WoW community who had proven to be Uber-Creeps.
They are, indeed, no longer in the "business," so to speak. It's no great loss.

There's always warcraftsues, but I haven't checked them much since they moved to a new website.