Glorious Conquest Vendors Removed Until 5.3

Battlegrounds
It's a step in the good way imo. I don't see good arena players whine about it. You know why? cause gear doesn't make the difference. The only people I see whining are the people doing rbgs and wintrading.
To those with the argument "but what else will I spend my Conquest on since I was so close?!"
You have to understand there's a possibility that just maybe, not everyone can do RBGs, not everyone can get the really high caps for various reasons (class/spec sucks, time restriction, no previous exp to push rating, etc). Myself included, and facing people with Elite from this season when I already dealt with weeks of dealing with people with full upgraded gear with Elite from last season, isn't fun at all.

As much as you might want to say "deal with it", it's simply imbalanced, and there are more people without the gear than with it, so therefore helping out the people in the majority, is going to do more than those in the minority.
It's also worth noting, that the gear will mean essentially nothing in 5.3 anyway. There is an ilvl cap coming with the patch, so if they're re-working how Elite gear works then you'll probably still get your special Elite gear, but everyone else might not if they rework the system. So even if they let you have it, you'd have it for probably less than a month, and then it would be "nerfed" and everyone else would have it soon thereafter to show off.

And that's all I've got. I appreciate the change greatly.
This whole 5.3 thing is going to see me cancel my account. Not that blizz or anyone cares. I'm sure some others will too. But cosmetic rewards? Really? Sorry I'm not that vain. I've never transmogged, gotten a haircut, changed skin color, or complained about the look of any gear. I could care less what it looks like. What's it do?

Yes I want the reward of better gear for doing well. It's extremely easy to get a full set of honor gear from being a fresh 90 with nothing. So for 1 week or so you get beat to hell in bg's. You do what you can. You're not the only one in greens. No biggie imho.

If everything is dumbed down to the same gear, now you'll REALLY see what classes are OP and require less skill. As it is now, one can see themselves enter the arena, be 5-9 ilvl's better geared than X class/spec opponent and find themselves dead meat because the lower ilvl'd class is so strong and gets just the right amount of rng to go along with it.

Now what happens when they are BOTH the same ilvl? They guy that worked his butt off in pvp is instantly turned into a noob.

Blizz, you say this will help WPVP. Yet go to a server where Alliance and Horde commonly have over 40 attacking a major city and see what happens. LAG CITY and PHASING! You can literally see no enemy, yet know your king is being destroyed, and you'll suddenly die and be unable to res even 3-5 mins later after you got to your body and clicked the res now button.

How about FIXING THE LAG for wpvp!
The game of PVP is exactly what it says...Player vs. Player. Players who are greatly skilled than others will always achieve the highest gear before the masses, so then the reason to keep playing is not just to have the best gear but to stay on top of your game - which is playing against other players. People who love playing against others will enjoy this challenge vs. players who rather play just to have better gear but not actually be greatly skilled than anyone else less geared. PvP was never meant to be a gear only dictate. Also PvP should always have a wide range of pooled players not the current same pool of players. This keeps the experience rich and new and worth playing. If you feel that there will be no point to play after you have obtained all the tyrannical gear then you might have lost your PvP spirit or maybe never had it. Challenge yourself, if you never hit 2K plus in rating try for it - if you have not been the star player amongst your guildies - try it. If your realm is lacking on the World PVP or PVP in general - try moving to another PVP server...in other words GET In to the PVP mode of things while trying something different. WOW is actually a good pvp mmo - but then again this is just my opinion. Have fun cya guys.
04/30/2013 01:00 PMPosted by Moonfiya
Yes I want the reward of better gear for doing well.

That right there is what is wrong with current WoW PvP.
All Elite Gear does currently is give the really good players a leg up on the compeition - which they already have in the first place or else their rating wouldn't be high enough to get the Elite gear in the first place.

I love this change, only because it means PvP will be more about skill and less about gear.
There is literally nothing wrong with offering vanity items for having a high cap/rating, most pvp centered games offer only vanity items as a reward, WoW is one of the only popular (albeit not pvp centered) games that gives the best players better stats for being good at what they do. If anything, this change will make PvP better, because it will really test the skill of the player when gear isn't a factor in your loss/victory.
Servers we're down most of the day just because of 2 vendors? Great use of time >.>
But thats another complaint entirely and ill try to stay on the PvP Topic.

So to "balance" things better Blizz plans on making everyone wear the same level stuff, not too terrible. (I can see why the frustration from the more Veteran Pvp'ers though) and to have their only rewards be strictly vanity is garbage.

I don't pvp too much, it's been a waste and terrible for too long imo, but again a different complaint for another thread.

My main point i'd like to make is that this "pvp overhaul" could have waited, like start of the next season maybe hmm? Reason being, theres a new nerf or buff to pvp almost every day/week and Blizz, you never let people adjust or learn the new ways to play before you want to start "improving" it. Some "improvements" you've made so far are just awful and have taken pvp from being an actual battle of skill between players, to being just a race of who can get their opener/1 shot anything spell/s off first.
So my question is, GEAR is gone, but can we still buy elite 512 weapons today? 3 rbg wins from unlocking it.
If you are well skilled, you might not need better gear to win. If a class/spec with similar gear is able to best you and your team then maybe you need to try different comps or tactics. Yes we all know that there are classes/specs that are challenging to beat to say the least but that doesn't mean you cannot win vs. them. This is what proves your rating achieved not the advantage of the gear your obtained. There will always be some player that exists who can best you, question is are you willing to take the challenge to be that player. This is what makes PvP, cause you have to always play to your highest ability and yes sure, you might lose but now you know what you need to prepare for. Can't win em all because you got gear. Just my opinion. Its a fun game that needed to remove the gear wall restricting those would be players who could actually give those well skilled high rated players a challenge. Also if you have gear that basically says "you can't win because of my gear" what sorta challenge is that?
Yes I want the reward of better gear for doing well.

That right there is what is wrong with current WoW PvP.
All Elite Gear does currently is give the really good players a leg up on the compeition - which they already have in the first place or else their rating wouldn't be high enough to get the Elite gear in the first place.

I love this change, only because it means PvP will be more about skill and less about gear.
There is literally nothing wrong with offering vanity items for having a high cap/rating, most pvp centered games offer only vanity items as a reward, WoW is one of the only popular (albeit not pvp centered) games that gives the best players better stats for being good at what they do. If anything, this change will make PvP better, because it will really test the skill of the player when gear isn't a factor in your loss/victory.

You missed the rest of my post obviously and focused on 1 line. And that was an admittance that I like the gear reward.

So just what does the gear reward do for me? Well, as resto, Horde, vs you, a HUMAN with TWO DPS-Burst trinkets, it gives me a chance to survive when I have you outgeared, for just a little bit longer. Maybe my team or team mate get's a kill in that time. But when you and I become equally geared, PLUS your double burst trinket, one of which is probably some stupid insane PVE burst item, I will go down even in tree form most likely (you popping all cd's/trinkets). Does that make you better skilled than I or is it class/race imbalance?

Edit: In a less bursty version of wow, I might actually agree with you much more so about skill/player winning the battle. In TBC, 90 min matches in 2's were not unusual with certain comps v comps. It came down to nothing BUT skill. Setting up that kill took teamwork and planning. In todays game it's all about one-2 good solid cc rotations and blowing massive burst. rarely does a match last longer than 3 mins. An indicator of the impatience of todays youth as well. "I want what I want and I want it now".

How much skill is there when I can be hit for 175k with 66% resil, in a single cast/hit?

Does anyone even remember GC saying they wanted to tone down Burst long before MoP? They did just the opposite! They even lowered the time limit on arena matches for a second time! Obviously 100% the opposite direction.
Edited by Larsheaher on 4/30/13 8:47 AM (PDT)

The PVP levels changes were explained a while back. The PVP players that did not get/have their gear to the higher levels because of limited game play time, just started playing, returned to game play and so forth were allowed to be competitive. As each patch raised the stats on PVP gear the ones who had the best gear were now able to increase the overall stat gap and by stats alone were unfairly limiting others ability to advance. The PVP game playing field needed to have some balance applied that limited/reduced the extreme stat/power of the higher geared players. The changes will not change the individual players abilities to play the game. A player who has the ability/skill sets to play better then will earn better gear. If the top PVP players have the skillset/abilities to excell then they still will. They will just have to use those skills to mantain their rankings/levels by actual play.

I know the replies will be why are the best players being punished. They are not. Just because one needs to stay on top of their game play by skills and not overpowering stats just keeps things competitive. One needs to compete to maintain their ranking. Any player who learns how to use and gear their toon to it's best points will be able to compete and advance with the increase of their own ability to play the game. What is wrong with that? I am not afraid of a player learning or having the personal ability to play better then me. It just means I will need to increase my skill set to stay competitve. What a novel idea of having to compete to stay on top. A game shouldn't be controled or managed that allows the ones in the top rankings to rest on their past accomplishment. All PVP play should allow all a chance to compete to win and advance.

Wow, I don't know if you caught me on a good day or not, but that was the BEST post I have EVER read! Bravo to YOU Larsheaher! Bravo! If everyone has the mentality that you do this game would be awesome again.
04/30/2013 12:32 AMPosted by Feluccaz
f 5.3 doesn't hit within a week or two people are going to be fully tyrannical geared and have nothing left to spend conquest on, and with the conquest cap being 5k... This really needs to be addressed before 5.3 is

Can't conquest be spent on Spirit of harmony?
Edited by Larsheaher on 4/30/13 8:47 AM (PDT)

The PVP levels changes were explained a while back. The PVP players that did not get/have their gear to the higher levels because of limited game play time, just started playing, returned to game play and so forth were allowed to be competitive. As each patch raised the stats on PVP gear the ones who had the best gear were now able to increase the overall stat gap and by stats alone were unfairly limiting others ability to advance. The PVP game playing field needed to have some balance applied that limited/reduced the extreme stat/power of the higher geared players. The changes will not change the individual players abilities to play the game. A player who has the ability/skill sets to play better then will earn better gear. If the top PVP players have the skillset/abilities to excell then they still will. They will just have to use those skills to mantain their rankings/levels by actual play.

I know the replies will be why are the best players being punished. They are not. Just because one needs to stay on top of their game play by skills and not overpowering stats just keeps things competitive. One needs to compete to maintain their ranking. Any player who learns how to use and gear their toon to it's best points will be able to compete and advance with the increase of their own ability to play the game. What is wrong with that? I am not afraid of a player learning or having the personal ability to play better then me. It just means I will need to increase my skill set to stay competitve. What a novel idea of having to compete to stay on top. A game shouldn't be controled or managed that allows the ones in the top rankings to rest on their past accomplishment. All PVP play should allow all a chance to compete to win and advance.

Wow, I don't know if you caught me on a good day or not, but that was the BEST post I have EVER read! Bravo to YOU Larsheaher! Bravo! If everyone has the mentality that you do this game would be awesome again.

LoL, far from good even.

This excuse of big divisions in gear and no fun, unable to compete is pure hogwash. I didn't even get my huntard to 90 until March 9th 2013. Within 1 week he had full Malv set, including wep. Then I got some help in arena just getting capped. I hadn't hardly played my old hunter for the last two years, so it's taken time to even get decent at him since he's just an alt and 5.0 was so foreign to everything I knew when it was my main.

One week to gear up is pretty damn little imho. Sure lessor geared than most at that time. But catching up fast enough. I don't have a problem with it. And like I mentioned before, it's my opinion the whines for equal gear are just another prime example of the young "I want it now" crowd.

Do your time, earn your way & your gear. Equal gear will just further expose imbalances of class/spec/race.

Best post NA.

Best post NA.

I checked again and yes Conquest points can be spent on spirits of Harmony. I also checked wowhead and it lists them too.
http://www.wowhead.com/npc=69967#sells:150-2
Dalaran Arena: Masons of Dalaran have been hard at work installing steps in the two remaining corners of the arena.
Eye of the Storm: The starting platforms have been lowered.

LOL, while I often hate Dalaran arena, installing steps dumbs it down more.

People can't figure out how to jump off the rock 6 yrs after eots came out. Too bad. And I mean that for my side as well.

More dumbing down of this game.
Dalaran Arena: Masons of Dalaran have been hard at work installing steps in the two remaining corners of the arena.

People can't figure out how to jump off the rock 6 yrs after eots came out. Too bad. And I mean that for my side as well.

All you need is a mage to cast slow fall everyone during the prep timer.

All you need is a mage to cast slow fall everyone during the prep timer.

of course. Getting them to do it can sometimes be an issue. been in there with 3 mages and not able to get it. Regardless, it isnt hard to get off the rock with no damage taken.
So, one week from today i will be fully geared and have nothing to spend conquest on. Wouldnt be so bad if i had more than one gear set but uhmm....rogue.