Sentry Totem 183: Shaman of Steel

Shaman
Prev 1 2 3 26 Next
NRG

HTortos 4%

We had no hero tonight.

But at least being Destro on Tortos is like a million times better than Affliction. Rleader almost tried to make me go back to Affliction too.
it was actually not as awful as I was expecting it to be after hydras.
Hydra was pretty horrid. Whole night felt off too.
wow we actually killed heroic Durumu tonight

ARE WE GOING TO GET TO START ON ANIMUS TOMORROW?

I think I'm going to come down with a serious case of aids
progress on heroic jin'rokh!!!! got through diffusion easily now buuuut can't get people to survive the lightning storm T.T i still want a loosely spread strat in one corner but officers split raid into 3 groups to the grates around the room. 30ish% was our best attempt i think

also trying to figure out why i'm not getting better performance in wow. running a i5 3570k @4.2 and gtx 660ti which should crush wow, but with high to ultra settings i still get 120 wiht nothing going on and dip to 40-50 during raid fights. good numbers but others in guild with lower rigs are 60-70 easy in raid :/
Missing 3 secrets, missing 3 bosses this week. RNG GODS, BLESS ME!
Missing 3 secrets, missing 3 bosses this week. RNG GODS, BLESS ME!
got my last secret after raid tonight in lfr. now its too late and noone is killing nalak T.T alas i wait until tomorrow
We tried a few pulls of heroic jin'rokh last week. Probably could have downed it if we dedicated the whole night to it, but we decided that getting Iron Qon - end on normal was more worth it. We'll get there soon. Can't wait to experience more heroics...

Tonight was one of those nights where DPS was just randomly low. No obvious reason, but bosses weren't dying nearly as fast. Still got just as far on the first raid night of the week as last time, but Iron Qon/Twins/Possibly Lei Shen need to die soon.
i still got 10 secrets to go >< hopefully, i can get some of those this week in lfr, and be done with it next week. i have my fingers crossed, and i remain hopeful. but we shall see.

as for raiding, we are having a short week this week. we were planning on starting heroics this week, but, something came up with one of our raiders (best friends brother died in that plane crash that happened in afghanistan a couple days ago), so, we're holding off starting heroics for the time being. we just pushed through normal as far as we could. really looking forward to getting heroics done though. can't wait until we start.
Monks are weird.
as for raiding, we are having a short week this week. we were planning on starting heroics this week, but, something came up with one of our raiders (best friends brother died in that plane crash that happened in afghanistan a couple days ago), so, we're holding off starting heroics for the time being. we just pushed through normal as far as we could. really looking forward to getting heroics done though. can't wait until we start.

Yeah, sometimes the absence of 1 great raider is all it takes. GL to you guys on getting the heroics good soon. And of course, heart/support is with your raider who lost his brother. I'm from a military family of 2 parents being officers and know what it's like to live with that concern every day. That being said, I have not lost a family member nor a friend. TBH, if it wasn't for my major/career choice, I'd have totally done ROTC and I'd likely be an officer by now. Tons of respect to those who serve. (especially your guildie's brother/friend.)
My raiding group suffered from inner turmoil and fell apart right before TOES, so raiding has been half decent pugs for me.

I was going to go to Blizzcon, but I'm not now due to expense (on an absolute budget it would be $6k+) and my newly discovered lack of enjoyment when flying (I'm blaming the earthquakes) make that a bad idea.

Whoa, how much is the flight? We might have a floor/cot you can crash on to save some $$. There's six of us going, and we've got two hotel rooms.

I was going to go to Blizzcon, but I'm not now due to expense (on an absolute budget it would be $6k+) and my newly discovered lack of enjoyment when flying (I'm blaming the earthquakes) make that a bad idea.

Whoa, how much is the flight? We might have a floor/cot you can crash on to save some $$. There's six of us going, and we've got two hotel rooms.

most of my guild is going this year. i'm still up in the air about it, as i'm right in the middle of the job hunt atm. and given my chosen career field, i can't guarantee that i'll even be in country when blizzcon occurs. but, i do have a ticket, just in case.

Yeah, sometimes the absence of 1 great raider is all it takes. GL to you guys on getting the heroics good soon. And of course, heart/support is with your raider who lost his brother. I'm from a military family of 2 parents being officers and know what it's like to live with that concern every day. That being said, I have not lost a family member nor a friend. TBH, if it wasn't for my major/career choice, I'd have totally done ROTC and I'd likely be an officer by now. Tons of respect to those who serve. (especially your guildie's brother/friend.)

thnx. i've had to put more than a few good friends in the ground due to iraq and afghanistan, either friends from where i live, or people that i became friends with during my time in the military. no family yet though, so that's gotta account for something.
I should probably go to Blizzcon one of these years. Maybe next year when I plan to have like 100 hours of PTO banked and I can go nerd out while getting paid for it.
04/30/2013 12:42 PMPosted by Kegstomp
Hey look, Keg can create threads again :)
creating was the problem.

and nope, will only be watching on the direct tv stream if they have a pet worth getting.
GDI I just now noticed this. Meant to say "creating threads wasn't the problem" >_>

05/01/2013 01:04 PMPosted by Varlth
I should probably go to Blizzcon one of these years.
Well if by some miracle Im more financially stable next blizzcon, I had plan on going and kidnapping a friend thats wanted to go.
05/01/2013 01:23 PMPosted by Kegstomp
creating was the problem.

and nope, will only be watching on the direct tv stream if they have a pet worth getting.
GDI I just now noticed this. Meant to say "creating threads wasn't the problem" >_>

LOL, you had me really confused there. So.. what was the problem?

I should probably go to Blizzcon one of these years.
Well if by some miracle Im more financially stable next blizzcon, I had plan on going and kidnapping a friend thats wanted to go.

I went a few years ago, and it was a blast. There was only two of us then, I've got six guildies this time I'm going with. I'm guessing it will be even more fun this year.
Man, screw you guys and your secrets. I got my 10th Sigil of Power yesterday, suck it!

Uber cheap minimal is $2k return, but that's only with one bag. If I go with "Premium Economy", which is what I'd prefer to do, it's ~$4.3k return, so accommodation, tickets, food, etc on top of that = expensive. (Remembering that the NZ dollar is only ~0.85 the US dollar, so all US costs effectively go up by 18%).

Plus I don't cope well in enclosed environments like planes (it's not claustrophobia, but rather something to do with the lack of airflow), so if I do go I think I'll need some sedatives for the flights >.<

Uber cheap minimal is $2k return, but that's only with one bag. If I go with "Premium Economy", which is what I'd prefer to do, it's ~$4.3k return, so accommodation, tickets, food, etc on top of that = expensive. (Remembering that the NZ dollar is only ~0.85 the US dollar, so all US costs effectively go up by 18%).

Plus I don't cope well in enclosed environments like planes (it's not claustrophobia, but rather something to do with the lack of airflow), so if I do go I think I'll need some sedatives for the flights >.<

Ouch. I flew to NZ 5 years ago, and I my flight was around $1100 US. I seem to remember the NZ dollar being worth more than US at the time, too (maybe I'm just mixing in traveling to Ireland with this, though).

Offer still stands, let me know if you change your mind.