HOLY Gear Question

Paladin
Is it better to have all 483-496 (5 piece) set or individual non set 522 pieces?

Should I keep the set until I can match at minimum the LFR 502 set pieces?

thanks in advance
Last tier's Holy Shock 4-piece is still outstanding. I would not drop it unless you're getting another set bonus out of the deal, and even then I would still be a little cautious about it - the new set bonuses are definitely a step down even though they're objectively good.

I don't think there is a conclusive answer to when/where you should be dropping your T14 set bonuses for T15 ones, there are a lot of variables involved and your own playstyle/raid is a factor as well. I definitely wouldn't drop it for 522 off-set pieces though, the stat gain isn't going to outweigh the extra Holy Shocks.
Is it better to have all 483-496 (5 piece) set or individual non set 522 pieces?

Should I keep the set until I can match at minimum the LFR 502 set pieces?

thanks in advance

Honestly, I would start with dropping the chest piece. No need to forgo the stat upgrade to keep the 5 piece. Even the chest of Imperial Vizior is better, but I would shoot for an off-piece in ToT. Other than that I wouldn't replace t14 until you have at least 2 pieces of t15 (I recommend starting with the helm and shoulders) or 5.3 hits.
All 5 is overkill. As you get a 522 replacement, swap that first but hold onto the piece, you may find yourself swapping it back in later. Hold onto the 496 items as long as you can as well. The stats will make a difference and full 502 (with 2pc) =~= (roughly equal but clunkier) to 483 T14 4pc. As you acquire additional 522 tier pieces it will really shine in raw healing power, however the loss of the HS reduction does feel a lot more lethargic in comparison.

I started off with all 5 T14 pieces, and ended up swapping to t14 2pc t15 2pc which gave me about an even footing.

If you were rocking the heroic t14, it makes sense to hold out longer though, and should you acquire them while still wearing 502, it will make sense to swap back.

This set is far from cut & dry about T15 > T14 especially when you are dealing with LFR/Normal/Heroic variations that can be mixed and matched.