Difference between 10 and 25 man

Mage
I understand that boss mechanics basically stay the same, but apart from having more HP, are the fights that much different? For example on Horridon, are there more adds that spawn at each door? or do the adds just have more HP. I was just curious to know for comparison reasons between myself (raid only 10m's) and someone who raids 25's. If you looked on WoL's is the data going to be skewed or uncomparable?
15 man
More damage and more health.

If something say effects 2 people on 10 man it'll effect like 4-5 people

there are more people.

that's about it.
Easier on some fights IMO... more BR's is a huge difference if you have good players, more room to recover from bad RNG I'M LOOKING AT YOU HOF
Yet 25 man gets better rewards, I always thought 10 man was harder due to personal accountability. But it seems like they want to push us into 25's.
Thanks for the replies, but does anyone know if it would be accurate comparing 10 man numbers to 25 man numbers?
Thanks for the replies, but does anyone know if it would be accurate comparing 10 man numbers to 25 man numbers?

Even assuming all buffs are covered, I would still compare your numbers against other 10ms. Different strategy, different personal assignments, different fight lengths etc. I think raidbots percentile rankings are based on the format instead of overall.
More damage and more health.

If something say effects 2 people on 10 man it'll effect like 4-5 people

there are more people.

that's about it.

Grats on the challenge mode set. XD

Anyway, back to you, OP.
15 man

ive always wished 15m were the normal raid group size.

2 tanks,
3 heals,
5 melee dps
5 range dps.
Yet 25 man gets better rewards, I always thought 10 man was harder due to personal accountability. But it seems like they want to push us into 25's.

It's much easier to get 10 people working correctly. On my guild we usually have a really hard time on 25 during the week, and do 10 on Mondays to get 'free loot'.
If you want to see your class/spec bloom to its highest potential, 25 man is the way to go. More class/spec mixture in 25 mans mean more buffs available overall for your class. Not all 10 man guilds raid with a perfectly balanced grp with all the buffs. So, they have to unfortunately work around it.

Challenges of 10-man raiding

• Individual accountability. You will get found out really quick if you are not pulling weight
  • 1 battle rez. 1 mistake, or a single d/c midfight or UI stutter can result in a wipe.
  • Add fights are generally tougher in 10.
  • Deal with what you have. lesser raid synergy. Not all 10 man teams have a perfect class balance. I.E. your 10 man grp might be missing that critical class that would make the fight easier. Your raid leader will have to deal with it and work around it.

Challenges in 25 man raiding

• Raid mechanics are often more complex. E.g. 25 man Ji-Kun is way more complicated than the 10 man version.
  • More people == more chances of player mistakes == more wipes
  • Fights that make you break up into smaller teams - e.g. Lei Shen is tougher.
  • Organizational challenges. Finding 25 similarly skilled player with similar availability is a challenge
  • Any fight with a lot of targeted splash damage tends to be tougher in 25 simply because of a lack of room. Ragnaros in Firelands is a good example
  • Needs stronger raid leadership and more efficient leaders who can both micro as well macro manage 25 people effectively and quickly. E.g. cool down rotations, etc.
  • You need better gaming rigs to handle 25 mans. I have players who have quit 25 mans because their systems cant handle the extra load that 25 mans bring. Ground clutter, graphics, data etc.

25 man is generally more chaotic and lots more fun. That being sad, you will also have to learn to get along with 24 other characters, some of whom can be quite challenging to get along with. If you have never done 25 man raiding before, you should give it a shot.