Seriously? Fighting a Dk..

Warlock
How do you even win against these freaks? I didn't think locks had it so awful, but clearly I overestimated them. I realize I don't have the gear to survive much but I've killed fully geared tyrannical locks before with this toon -_- including mages. I can't even touch a Dk if they know what they're doing.

Blizz said they don't want hard counters. Obviously that only applies to mages, right? Any tips would be awesome, thanks <3
play demo, pop cd's pet stun him and kite
Yeah you sure as hell aren't going to beat a dk that knows what they're doing as destro.
I disagree, I destroy DKs as destro.

Learn to silence them :P.
It's only the blood DKs that I have to worry about. They can't really kill me but they are annoying.

I had a 15 minute fight with one on the Isle of Thunder until I was able to kite him into the horde pvp area. They can't do enough damage to kill me, but I can't do enough damage to break through his self healing.

I see a lot of Frost and Unholy DKs in Blood Presence. They really need to up the dps penalty for using Blood Presence so they don't just sit in it all the time.
I see a lot of Frost and Unholy DKs in Blood Presence. They really need to up the dps penalty for using Blood Presence so they don't just sit in it all the time.

Amen.
First of all it annoys the hell out of me that DKs can just sit blood presence with conversion up when my WW monk doesn't even have access to a tanking stance to even things out.

Second, if you want to win 1v1 run demo, profit.

I literally can infinitely kite DKs because I just keep healing with Ember Tap.
  • Trinket Strangulates.
  • Fake cast from then on.
  • Throw fear after AMS.
  • Demonic portal the DG or AMS if needed.
  • Silence them if they pull a pet out around 25%.
  • Havoc his pet so they spend runic power on healing it (usually for unholy.)
  • Pop defensive CD's if you get stuck with them.
  • Few weeks back I dueled an ally dk out in pandaland. About 10 fights. I won every fight as destro. I didn't use gateway. First defensive I always pop is sact pact because it comes back the fastest. I save unending resolve for when I'm landing my big burst. I used shadowfury and shivarra mesmerize as main cc with blood horror. I port away during his burst, if he doesn't AMS, my pet will cc him or I will. He put out some scary damage but I was able to run, cc, or pop healing macro last resort to get around those.

He popped army once. Pretty much had my pet abuse mesmerize on him while I RoF'd all his army which turned into an ember buffet for me. I FnB Cflagged his army while ember tapping and porting away when cd was off again all while my pet abused her cc on him. I thru out a whiplash when he caught up to me and his army timer ran out.

Armory is showing my pve gear right now. He tried unholy, frost, and blood specs. I only nearly died a few times with him as unholy healing debuff strikes up while he was bursting hard on me after he tore my pet apart and used his pet stun, silence, grip to lock me down. Otherwise blood spec almost killed me just because he seemed better at surviving.
    Easiest way to kill DKs is to set your Demonic Circle LoS. When AMS is up, just stall.

As someone who does arena as a DK, sometimes we have to go in blood presence against certain comps to survive against burst at the start. Though some switch to another presence mid-fight to attack at a faster pace, if they buffed frost and unholy DKs survivability then most ppl wouldnt need to use blood presence. Also, since I play frost DK going against a destro and affliction lock is kinda easy but demo is very difficult at times especially if they are paired with a druid or pally healer.
    I have problems with frost.

They drop so fast when they don't see me.

But my issue is when they have LB and AMS. I've met a few Frost DKs that rip through my sac + ward in seconds then kill me in an AMS or 3 swings. If I get jumped, drop a port and start to kite, the smart ones run to my port and DG me to there.

That's death in under 10 seconds of me popping CDs yet can't stop their burst and they are immune to cc.
    yeah, dks often dont know how to play their own clas and will do stupid things like blow their deathgrip. thigns to note:
    im demo + use felguard, so when he uses anti magic shield i just use felguard stun (it's physical) and that usually lasts.
    i make use of thigns like carrion swarm and demonic leap as gap openers.
    twilight ward is actually pretty useful, since they use frost and shadow magic. it mitigrates some.
    Use demonic circle teleport AFTER 3 SECONDS after they use their deathgrip. deathgrip can be use immediatelty again after 3 seconds so if u tleeport they'll just grba u again. instead, 3 seconds isnt gonna hurt... wait it out, then teleport. if u have to use teleport before they deathgrip you, learn to kite
    it would also help if u werent in blue pvp gear.

^^^ providing you have observer out.
    Im not a lock but if you are having trouble with a blood dk you need to manually move your pet away from the dk. If you are kiting him and your pet gets close that just fuels the dk self heals. Any pet with ranged attack would be best but just keep that in mind. That's the only tip I got for you. Just be aware of where your pet is when you start to kite and don't let that dk dps it at all.
    YOU CANNOT WIN!