Patch 5.3 Scenario Preview

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Prev 1 2 3 4 10 Next
Why is Blizzard pushing scenarios so much?

Think of the amount of dungeons they could have made in this time.

So stupid.

Would love an explination other than "it's less time consuming to make a scenario."

Scenarios are far quicker to create than dungeons. They don't just rely on specific class balance among other things. So, the time it would have taken to create a single new dungeon is much greater than most realize.

How about stop taking short cuts and providing content your player base wants to see?

I know there can be no consensus on this kind of stuff, but a lot people seem to be missing new Heroic dungeons.

So stupid.

Would love an explination other than "it's less time consuming to make a scenario."

Scenarios are far quicker to create than dungeons. They don't just rely on specific class balance among other things. So, the time it would have taken to create a single new dungeon is much greater than most realize.

Based on Ghostcrawler's latest twitter posts, you guys at least seem to acknowledge most players WANT 5 man dungeons now though.

In 5.1, it was "No one wants them, so we're not adding anymore, as they don't go with the plans for our progression this time." but on twitter, now he's regretting they didn't add any dungeons in 5.3.

I'm glad you guys at least acknowledge 5 mans mid-way through the expansion are something players love. I REALLY hope you guys at least cut 1-2 bosses off the new raid and make a dungeon. ._.

So stupid.

Then why aren't you guys allocating more resources towards dungeons? Scenarios have they're moments...like with the new dailies, and with the treasure trove place...forget its name... But that's about 10mins of entertainment, 5 for the treasure troves...and then I'm looking for something to do again. People like to down bosses, DPS likes to DPS stuff use their cds and blow the other dps out of the water on a boss. Tanks like to tank things like bosses, swap taunts, use cds, and just simply learn a new boss. Healers like to do healy stuff, not much use for them in current scenarios. Scenarios just don't really offer that kind of substance. Pretty sure you'd bring up heroic scenarios around this point. People like to get gear yes? Well that's probably gonna be the main reason why people are going to do them, that and curiosity. If Heroic scenarios and Heroic dungeons offered the same rewards... scenarios would most likely take a back seat. I know some people like scenarios. I'm not suggesting you throw them out, but I thought they're purpose was best utilized with the new dailies.
05/02/2013 01:06 PMPosted by Soulbreeze
I'm a little afraid with Heroic Scenarios there may be talk at Blizz headquarters about phasing out 5-mans in favor of Scenarios in the future.

~~
It's not 'talk', they're already doing it. They already said no new 5 mans for this expansion.
~~

They did, and I believe (I may be wrong here), that GC said on Twitter that was a mistake.

It's too late to fix it for MoP, but we should have 5-mans as a regular thing back next expansion.

I REALLY hope you guys at least cut 1-2 bosses off the new raid and make a dungeon. ._.

I want it too, but fact is it just isn't possible.

The minor patches (5.1, 5.3) are made alongside the major raid patches. 5.1 and 5.2 were made concurrently, 5.3 and 5.4 are being made concurrently.

It's far too late into 5.4's development at this point.

I REALLY hope you guys at least cut 1-2 bosses off the new raid and make a dungeon. ._.

I want it too, but fact is it just isn't possible.

The minor patches (5.1, 5.3) are made alongside the major raid patches. 5.1 and 5.2 were made concurrently, 5.3 and 5.4 are being made concurrently.

It's far too late into 5.4's development at this point.
'

Ruby Sanctum says otherwise.

Was popped out in like 2-3 months. Would not be hard to turn a scenario already in development for 5.4 into a dungeon, just extend it, use the same area, and work on mechanics.
I realize dungeons take time to make, and the argument is that it affects raids, but I recall a certain expansion where patches also included dungeons, it had a pretty good raid in it too...ulduar.

even after ulduar, we got 3 pretty good ICC dungeons and a good raid as well. im not sure why having both isnt an achievable goal when it was in the past.

So stupid.

Seriously, please, stop with this excuses.

You have been saying you wanted to speed up the content production since Wrath (which had one more raid tier than MoP and plenty more dungeons), so you guys had a ton of time to hire new devs and teach them your design philosophy.

Scenarios could be a lot quicker to make, they also are a lot more boring, and proviode content for DPSers only (and no, dont even try to say you can queue as a healer and pull more, because in most, you cant pull more than the script sends you and queuing as a healer will only slow your group down).

Get your stuff done, you had plenty of years to hire new people, you cant just take one of the core elements of the game out and pretends nothing happened.

I cant even understand how you guys thought it was ok to not do any more dungeons.

Do whatever you need to do, pay people to do extra hours, hire temp devs to help your main ones (yes, i work on the systems industry, i know hiring more people dont always mean making code faster, but sometimes it does, specially when they are well lead) but give us a couple of dungeons for 5.4, you are hurting your own game with this no dungeon thing.

*I'm sure you meant to type "stuff" there since anything else is against the Code of Conduct. I've corrected your error. - Nethaera

While I am sure that creating new five mans is very time consuming, this is like a building contractor ceasing to put windows into their new projects because they are just too time consuming.

There seems to be a downward trend in the number of five mans with each expansion, and in my humble opinion you are damaging your product by taking this path. Five mans are the back bone of WoW.
Deleted
im not sure why having both isnt an achievable goal when it was in the past.

Especially now that they reportedly have more people on the development team "than ever before."
Thank you for the new stuff.

Personally I'd rather run something by myself sometimes.
I do realize that it is hard to create brand new content and you guys have great ideas! But should blizzard start a creative idea forum chat? This would create idea that would help blizzard come up with models, dungeon set up and new patch ideas. Taking an idea from the public is one of the most important things in a creative game, it would draw in people to say "oh, this is what I was looking for". Of course blizzard does have the people for these ideas but, why not see what people have to say! cause why not? some fun content that wow public can relate to. sorry if this sounded rude.

Quote: "If math seems easy, you are probably doing it wrong"

We consider the entire forums (all of them) to be an opportunity for you all to share your ideas/constructive feedback etc. with us. We're always reading. It's also worth noting that Heroic Scenarios are a first go for us in giving players who want a bit more of a challenge within the Scenarios a way to get it. That said, that doesn't mean that these are the last "new" thing we'll ever add to the game. We're always looking at new ideas or concepts to push the gameplay within World of Warcraft further. We can't talk about all those ideas until we know we are able to make them work and are going to implement them (or at least we try not to if we can), but that doesn't mean we aren't listening or planning on our end too.

I understand that many people would like new dungeons and we've addressed this a few times now, but at this point in time, we're not adding them. We have a lot of other things that we're putting efforts into that we think will be great additions to the game. Again, we're not ready to talk about those just yet, but once we can share that information with you all, we will. For now, we wanted to share a bit more about what the new Scenarios will bring.

If you haven't tried them on the PTR, you may just want to give it a shot. They're fun and add some great story elements as well.
Wait, so I am going to be unable to do heroic scenarios if I don't have two friends that want to do it with me? That sucks =/. I want to do them but my friends are all in to PvP and they never do scenarios.

Make it so we can just queue solo for heroics.
There are two horde scenarios, will there be another alliance scenario?

So stupid.

Players requested quicker patch cycles and Blizzard was happy to oblige.

Now you are witnessing the cuts in development to deliver on that request.

You can't keep everyone happy.
Would rather have new 5 man dungeons, where tanks, heals, and dps actually have to work as a team. Looks like Bliz is pushing the easy button again.

That's funny because no-one ever works as a team.

So stupid.

Wasn't there some sort of blue post recently (or something said on an investor call) about how the WoW staff is larger than it's ever been? I know you guys are broadening into card games and monster hunting, but it seems like there may at least be some resource management concerns you may want to address. "It takes too much time" seems a bit suspect if what I understand about your staffing levels are true (although, admittedly, I am on the outside looking in).

Also, this is just me, but I came back to WoW from GW2 because I missed WoW's semi-signature "holy trinity" PvE mechanics. If you take the focus away from that and put all your chips into an "all-over-the-place" aggro table instanced PvE experience, you're arrowing yourself in the knee a bit and diluting what I imagine many consider one of the best parts of the premier MMO experience that WoW arguably is. And when I think about firing up GW2 or WoW on any given day, I'm going to be more inclined to go with GW2 than I may have been in previous patches, because the thing that made WoW stand tall above other MMOs (for me) is apparently no longer one of your development priorities.

I'm not saying I'll necessarily quit, but I am definitely not as excited about this next patch as I have been about previous ones that offered new 5-man content. And I definitely will start looking into other MMOs for the first time in a while.
05/03/2013 08:14 AMPosted by Nethaera
We consider the entire forums (all of them) to be an opportunity for you all to share your ideas/constructive feedback etc. with us.

He's some feedback. Why is there one Neutral scenario, one Alliance scenario, and two Horde scenarios?

EDIT: And yes, I'm aware that all the scenarios can be run by either faction, that's not what I'm talking about.
Are there really still people who only play alliance or only play horde and if so why?
H-Scenarios will get ran if they do indeed reward 120VP a day and aren't too much trouble. Might actually be worth the trouble of pugging in trade. Should fill the organized group VP-capping void that CMs were supposed to fill. (too long to make, possibility of wipes, gear scaling, and inferior VP to RH spamming with 500+ gear)