Patch 5.3 Scenario Preview

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Prev 1 3 4 5 10 Next
Pushing Scenarios over dungeons is gonna make a lot of people really, really angry, myself included.

Never once in MoP have I played through a scenario and thought, "That was really fun!" All they are, are 3-man quests. If you want to add multi-player quests, just add them back in like how they were in WotLK and previous.

However, in plenty of the 5-Mans I've said, "I really liked what they did with this!" Some examples are Stormstout Brewery, Gate of the Setting Sun, Jade Temple and Mogu'Shan Palace.

I really can't stress this enough. Scenarios are dull, boring, and pointless. They don't "push storylines," they just make them feel artificial. 5Man Dungeons will always be the way to go in my eyes, and I think it's a shame Blizzard thinks their time is better spent, "On other things they can't say yet."

(Coughcoughwealreadyknowyou'readdinglevelscalingtomakeoldraidsplayablecoughcough)
05/03/2013 09:08 AMPosted by Nystandria
Would rather have new 5 man dungeons, where tanks, heals, and dps actually have to work as a team. Looks like Bliz is pushing the easy button again.

That's funny because no-one ever works as a team.

Maybe you should play with a different group of people!
I personally think this is a complete joke.

Conservative estimate of $100 million a month...and you guys can't hire more people to create some dungeons?

I did the Saturday scenario's last weekend for the title. Other than that I haven't done one in weeks.

All this talk about listening to your customer base...I don't buy it. You're getting to be like the government. "We know whats best for you, even if you don't!" Its a cop out.

Also..you're comment on balance...I don't see you balancing out much else so this does make sense. Sorry, just a bit miffed at the complacency.
Gotta admit I like scenarios far more than new dungeons.

I get more of them and quicker along with faster queues.

Keep them coming and keep the heroic scenarios coming as well.
I like scenarios because of the lore, I hope blizzard continues with scenarios that push the storyline. Isle of Thunder was great, and anyone who says otherwise needs to be slapped with a handful of grape jelly.

Scenarios are quietly getting us folks that didn't care about lore, into the lore. It adds a new element to the game where we would've had to read (yuck!) to learn about.

Thanks for scenarios Blizzard devs, because I had no intention of reading old WoW books but now I may.
05/03/2013 01:54 PMPosted by Kaballah
slapped with a handful of grape jelly.

interesting

05/03/2013 01:54 PMPosted by Kaballah
Scenarios are quietly getting us folks that didn't care about lore, into the lore. It adds a new element to the game where we would've had to read (yuck!) to learn about.

This is kinda cool to hear.

I like scenarios. I just like 5-mans more.

The coming scenarios sound good. I just would have liked to see some dungeons sometime in the space of a year. Think about it, on release they had a poorly designed dungeon progression with not near enough normal modes, and heroics were too easy and got boring fast. And now we have to wait for the next expansion for new dungeons.
Please let us use the LFD button to queue for heroic scenarios.

They are harder but they have an ilv req to join, so why not let us queue for it alone?
People that want to join with 2 friends can do that, and those that wanna queue solo can do it that way too.

There are many reasons, such as: some people play on off hours and there are no friends online, some people don't have friends, some people simply like doing scenarios with random people.etc.

The awesome thing about scenarios is that they have extremely fast queues, so whenever i wanna play wow but i'm short on time, scenarios are the perfect choice.
I don't understand why you wouldn't let us queue solo. If someone decides to leave, or dcs, or some other reason, the LDF would find a replacement fast.

TLDR: let us have the choice to queue with 2 friends or alone. It's a win/win situation for everyone.

Conservative estimate of $100 million a month...and you guys can't hire more people to create some dungeons?

Because "Hire more guyz!" actually solves anything.
Why is Blizzard pushing scenarios so much?

Think of the amount of dungeons they could have made in this time.

So stupid.

Would love an explination other than "it's less time consuming to make a scenario."

Scenarios are far quicker to create than dungeons. They don't just rely on specific class balance among other things. So, the time it would have taken to create a single new dungeon is much greater than most realize.

Sometimes quicker and faster things are not the best in the end.... Only a hand full of new dungeons to level with from 85-90 and now bringing in more scenarios instead of 5mans?

As you can see, NOT many people are happy yet you are doing it. Instead of encouraging more people as a community to find and friend those on their servers for faster que times, you make 3 man scenarios? Faster que times and easier to make. That is a lame excuse. Lets make some cars with only 3 wheels to them... its faster and cheaper!!! You will lose subs from this.
Why is Blizzard pushing scenarios so much?

Think of the amount of dungeons they could have made in this time.

So stupid.

Would love an explination other than "it's less time consuming to make a scenario."

I like scenarios, I just wish there were more. I feel I keep getting the same few over and over.
take 5.3. pvp is ruined in my opinion. so i guess your telling players to pve or get out. nice.
Oh, and thanks for posting this thread here Neth. Been bugging the other blues to come around these parts too. Good community here.
I'm crossing my fingers that you're not considering it.

I'm pretty sure they are, so the undo stress on your joints is probably a waste of time.
Why no solo queue for heroic scenario?

We consider the entire forums (all of them) to be an opportunity for you all to share your ideas/constructive feedback etc. with us. We're always reading.
Maybe tell that to your CS agents too :)

I've been "yelled at" before, by replying to someone in the CS forums, and made a suggestion there, since it did fit the topic, yet I was kinda brushed off and told to take it to the general forums.

But the logic doesn't really reach me somehow. Why opening a second thread, if there's one already that fits the topic? That just creates more load, more data, and more work to sip through countless threads, doesn't it? :)

I'm a business person myself. When my customer does me the favor to give me some feedback, I certainly take it where ever they give it to me. I don't stretch their courtesy, and time by telling em to do it again, but in another spot.
So yes, you making sense and sound like it's supposed to be. It's just that not all blues handle it like that :(
05/02/2013 03:19 PMPosted by Fleafly
Scenarios are far quicker to create than dungeons.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'd rather you guys took the time.

While I do enjoy scenarios, I agree with this person. Taking out 5-mans from the future of WoW would be... different.

Even if you guys do remove 5-mans, I also would not like you to rush things. The more time spent on things will make it better. Especially if it is a scenario, more attention to detail and making it fun since it is easier to make.
Be interesting to see if the classic solo classes (hunter, dk, pally) can solo em in good gear.

Can you even queue for em solo? I hope you can because otherwise it's a silly exercise in getting people to join and dropping group.
05/03/2013 08:14 AMPosted by Nethaera
I understand that many people would like new dungeons and we've addressed this a few times now, but at this point in time, we're not adding them.

Yes, you're not adding them. You ARE adding role-free scenarios with higher health pools which will somehow substitute for the classic mini-raid environment that dungeons have provided. Which practically everyone in this thread is telling you, is a bad idea and does not work.

The scenarios are not coming in as additional content. The dungeons are not being left out as an oversight. You're excluding them specifically so that you can do more scenarios. This is what is frustrating.
I do realize that it is hard to create brand new content and you guys have great ideas! But should blizzard start a creative idea forum chat? This would create idea that would help blizzard come up with models, dungeon set up and new patch ideas. Taking an idea from the public is one of the most important things in a creative game, it would draw in people to say "oh, this is what I was looking for". Of course blizzard does have the people for these ideas but, why not see what people have to say! cause why not? some fun content that wow public can relate to. sorry if this sounded rude.

Quote: "If math seems easy, you are probably doing it wrong"

We consider the entire forums (all of them) to be an opportunity for you all to share your ideas/constructive feedback etc. with us. We're always reading. It's also worth noting that Heroic Scenarios are a first go for us in giving players who want a bit more of a challenge within the Scenarios a way to get it. That said, that doesn't mean that these are the last "new" thing we'll ever add to the game. We're always looking at new ideas or concepts to push the gameplay within World of Warcraft further. We can't talk about all those ideas until we know we are able to make them work and are going to implement them (or at least we try not to if we can), but that doesn't mean we aren't listening or planning on our end too.

I understand that many people would like new dungeons and we've addressed this a few times now, but at this point in time, we're not adding them. We have a lot of other things that we're putting efforts into that we think will be great additions to the game. Again, we're not ready to talk about those just yet, but once we can share that information with you all, we will. For now, we wanted to share a bit more about what the new Scenarios will bring.

If you haven't tried them on the PTR, you may just want to give it a shot. They're fun and add some great story elements as well.

Then i am afraid you dont understand that we want new dungeons.

You see, there are a LOT more people that want new dungeons than the amount of people that want harder scenarios.

Dungeons also are content for more people (ie, healers) while scenarios are only for DPS.

So you see, you keep making the mistake of saying you will not be adding new dungeons. You NEED to add new dungeons, you need to understand this as soon as you can.

Scenarios are not fun, not for many of us, you saying they are wont make them fun. Dungeons are fun for many of us, so please stop fooling around and start making the dungeons NOW.