Did they ever finalize Necrotic changes?

Death Knight
Ive read quite a bit about the "nerf' but am curios if anything has actually been finalized or even listed in the patch notes?

At first I know there was someconfusion and then there was a mistake by blizz and want to know for sure if the nerf went hrough or not?

ty in advance
Ive read quite a bit about the "nerf' but am curios if anything has actually been finalized or even listed in the patch notes?

At first I know there was someconfusion and then there was a mistake by blizz and want to know for sure if the nerf went hrough or not?

ty in advance

nerf was initial on live (hotfix #1)

which reduced Necros by a players resil (65-68.5% on geared targets) which caused the initial QQ

hotfix #2 addressed this issue and its now reduced by 40% (players base resil)

they now claim hotfix #2 was a bug fix, which it is not since in MoP they removed the resil affect on necrotic because it has been moved to death runes limiting its use.

when 5.3 drops and base resil is now 65% Necrotic might be entirely useless

you would need 85k atk pwr (doable now in pvp gear + 55% PvP power to get a 32k Necro absorb).

ty in advance

nerf was initial on live (hotfix #1)

which reduced Necros by a players resil (65-68.5% on geared targets) which caused the initial QQ

hotfix #2 addressed this issue and its now reduced by 40% (players base resil)

they now claim hotfix #2 was a bug fix, which it is not since in MoP they removed the resil affect on necrotic because it has been moved to death runes limiting its use.

when 5.3 drops and base resil is now 65% Necrotic might be entirely useless

you would need 85k atk pwr (doable now in pvp gear + 55% PvP power to get a 32k Necro absorb).

Yeah you are correct in you appraisal if that information is correct.

Hey maybe they will take it off death runes LOL
Officially now

Necrotic Strike does 2x your attack power in absorb

easily test in PvE gear 44k atk pwr = 88k absorb (220k absorbs with everything procced)

however it is now affected 100% by BASE RESIL (40%) and still gets the full benefit from PvP Power.

so ill just take my DW Stats

30k atk pwr
58% PvP power

= 94,800 Necrotic absorb (before resil)

then take base resil (40%)

= 56,880 absorb (5.2) 40% base resil
= 33,180 absorb (5.3) 65% base resil

If PvP power is being dropped to 400 rating = 1% then i will have 39% PvP power and my Necros will be 29,190 absorb in the exact same gear.

Prior to this series of hotfixes/nerfs

my gear would allow a 47,400 necro absorb per application.
(30 atk pwr + PvP power unaffected by resil)

basicly 37.5% nerf next patch
Officially now

easily test in PvE gear 44k atk pwr = 88k absorb (220k absorbs with everything procced)

however it is now affected 100% by BASE RESIL (40%) and still gets the full benefit from PvP Power.

30k atk pwr
58% PvP power

If PvP power is being dropped to 400 rating = 1% then i will have 39% PvP power and my Necros will be 29,190 absorb in the exact same gear.

At first I thought I could live with that change, but then I realized your gear was far superior to mine. I was comparing your post buff necrotic to my current and thought hmm there about the same.

If I take 37.5% off mine it is pointless.
I hope they sort this all out soon....I've no desire to play Frost again.
Officially now

30k atk pwr
58% PvP power

DOOM,

I just noticed that I think you used attack power based off pve gear and pvp power based off of pvp gear.

I could be mistaken, but if true you created a best case scenario that will not exist and thus the nembers will be even less.

I dont know that you can get both 44k attk power and 59 % pvp power especially after gear scaling. (without cds of course)
nope 44k atk pwr was in PvE gear to just illustrate that they doubled Necros absorb

then 30k atk pwr + 58% pvp power was all my stats from just DW pvp set.

logged back out in PvP gear

58.63% PvP power (testing pvp power gems)
29,500 atk pwr (would be 30,200 atk pwr with my normal gem set up and 52% pvP power)

with everything procced

I have 92,800 atk pwr

Shadow pan Trinket (4400 STR 30 secs)
PvP proc Trinket (3881 STR 20 secs)
Engi Gloves (1920 STR 10 secs)
Blood Fury (4514 atk pwr 15 secs)
Fallen Crusader
Pillar of Frost

dont mind small things like gems and shado pan reforge i change these around alot to test random things
I highly doubt they'll let this go live with that huge of a nerf without some sort of comment or some sort of something given to compensate for that. I can see them nerfing it but by that much, I just can't see it without something else going on behind the scenes.

I thought the whole reason they are nerfing the rating required for 1% ppw is because with resilience being removed from gear, the allotted budget was being converted into ppw, effectively increasing the amount of ppw on gear, but changing it so that it gains the net results we currently have in live.

With all that resilience gone, SOMETHING has to take it's place. Either more ppw or more primary stats.