Oh God, 5.3 don't come!!! QQ thread!!

Arenas
Prev 1 2 3 4 6 Next
Item budget is weird and crazy. Seriously. It's actually worlds better than it used to be, but still needs to be a lot more clear so people can understand it. Blizzard is bad at getting some really core information like that across.

Fair enough. There's a huge amount of information to relate about World of Warcraft, and we can always communicate better and more clearly. We've already stated that PvP stats don't count toward a given item's ilevel, and we released the PvP Gear in Patch 5.3 blog that we hoped would dispel some confusion.

What do you think is missing, and what else needs to be communicated clearly so players can make informed gearing decisions?
What do you think is missing, and what else needs to be communicated clearly so players can make informed gearing decisions?

I gotta wonder, have you guys ever thought of actually making it so 'newbie' tips pop up at higher levels, like in the level 1-2 starting areas?

When you get a piece of gear with haste/resil/pvp/mastery it could pop up explaining the stat, including what does and does not go into ilvl

just a thought~
04/30/2013 05:21 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Item budget is weird and crazy. Seriously. It's actually worlds better than it used to be, but still needs to be a lot more clear so people can understand it. Blizzard is bad at getting some really core information like that across.

Fair enough. There's a huge amount of information to relate about World of Warcraft, and we can always communicate better and more clearly. We've already stated that PvP stats don't count toward a given item's ilevel, and we released the [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/9331806"]PvP Gear in Patch 5.3 blog[/url] that we hoped would dispel some confusion.

Gearing decisions? You're kidding right?

With the exception of Human which will have double burst trinkets (one likely a pve) everyone will be geared identical. IDENTICAL!

The joke is on you Blizz, you'll now find out how really imbalanced certain classes/specs will be. This game is getting dumbed down every patch.

I don't expect to keep my account up (played since vanilla) when 5.3 hits. Do I think it matters to you? No, without a doubt, I mean little, nor do the small % of folks that are playing only for pvp. Many will beat feet. It may seem like not a lot of $$ for the company to lose in the long run. But the real question is: How many NEW subscriptions do you think 5.3 will generate?

I tend to think it will only cost, not improve the balance sheet for Blizz.
It might be nice to have a PVP checkbox for tooltips.

When turned on, mousing over abilities will show values modified by current PvP Power and remark where it will be reduced by Resil (particularly with Necrotic Strike. PTR isn't Live but has me a bit worried).
what a troll.
Fair enough. There's a huge amount of information to relate about World of Warcraft, and we can always communicate better and more clearly. We've already stated that PvP stats don't count toward a given item's ilevel, and we released the [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/9331806"]PvP Gear in Patch 5.3 blog[/url] that we hoped would dispel some confusion.

04/29/2013 09:10 PMPosted by Cayse
Sockets are fully part of an item's budget, so any stats you gem in them are lost from the base stats.

Was the part I didn't know. I think you guys have gotten the message across when it comes to PvP Power does not count towards the budget, some people are just ignorant. You've done exceptional this expansion in terms of informing the playerbase otherwise.
With the exception of Human which will have double burst trinkets (one likely a pve) everyone will be geared identical. IDENTICAL!

The joke is on you Blizz, you'll now find out how really imbalanced certain classes/specs will be. This game is getting dumbed down every patch.

Everyone will be geared identical in PvP after 5.3...? You mean to say that everyone PvPing will be wearing PvP gear?! What madness is this!? Seriously what are you talking about?

I also do not understand how you think the PvP changes will agitate class imbalance... with PvP gear as is, the strong are stronger and the weak are cannon fodder (referring to OP classes/specs vs. underpowered). Wouldn't leveling the playing field lessen the gaps created by natural class imbalance?

I get the feeling you just don't want to stop being invincible.
Oh boy. Being half decent was nice while it lasted.

Here I come, 5.0.
What do you think is missing, and what else needs to be communicated clearly

I have a question.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UU5qy_Y8ctWVKMZZBVkqKJYw&v=guJIgSPZLEM&feature=player_detailpage#t=45s

Working as intended?
My head just about exploded.

For one, pvp stats being off-budget, and gems being part of the budget. They're two things that are really common for people to not know about.

While I don't really know how you could put in-game about socket budgets, pvp stat budget shouldn't really be that complicated, there's already an ilvl stat in advanced tooltips.. why not add that pvp stat budget in right next to it. Parenthesis are fun!

For other things not all pieces are itemized the same. One piece can have 613 in one rating stat and 522 in another stat while another piece can have 604 and 536 ratings. They're the exact same item level, with the exact same primary stats as those stats are normally fixed by ilvl.. but the one item seems to have slightly more total rating budget. (The strength dps and tanking Shado-pan 522 necks)

I mostly only know this one because I off and on tank.. primary stats aren't always determined by level. Every so often you design an item for tanking that has a significant portion of the strength budget spent in ratings.. and every so often I see a dps wearing it.

Putting something in the tooltips explaining the stats already has a base in the game in the same way that the item comparison tooltip shows stat gains and losses, and could be modified to show item budgeting.

Another thing will be when 5.3 goes live and people go into instanced pvp wearing pve gear... what will their character sheet/item tooltips show? Are they going to think they still have superpowered gear?

The problem with blogs and fan sites is that while it gets the information out, it doesn't get it out with a wide enough net, and sometimes (in the case of very obscure things like itemization) just can't give much clarity... and you can see that by how many threads have been created and how active they get about people flat out not knowing what the item changes are going to mean even though they have been explained already. Even a couple people who I personally know aren't uninformed normally have misunderstood or flat out not known about some of the changes.

>randomessay
Thank you Cayse for being incredibly eloquent with the issue. I was worried you wouldn't see it.

Well, to be honest, it was very confusing at first. The thing about Elite PvP gear becoming a prestigious reward.. Wasn't it already like this before 5.2? Then it became a reward with an higher item level in 5.2? Then the PvP instances (all kind of BGs and arenas) received an item level cap? Then you removed the vendor for the Elite PvP gear that most people didn't even have a chance to get the required conquest points for? And it will now be reverted to just a prestigious rewards with no additional stats?.. It was pretty hard to follow everything be totally honest.

Everything else is not that much different than other patches (bunch of buffs and nerfs). But for someone that played in 5.1, took a 3 months break and just came back, it was pretty hard to follow and understanding everything that was going on.

If that can help you better understand how some people may perceive all these changes, especially players coming after a break :)
Oh boy. Being half decent was nice while it lasted.

Here I come, 5.0.

Oh good lord whine more please.

If losing half a second off two glyphs and having double the energy cost for a talent alot of rogues don't even take for arena (marked for death is arguably better for burst inside a smoke bomb to get a kill) is what turns rogues back into 5.0 status (aka still better than most non "gifted" dps pvp specs) then you are screwed.

If, on the other hand, you'll barely notice the garrote glyph change and the cheap shot glyph can EASILY be traded for one of the MANY other good rogue pvp glyphs, then you'll find that you are probably going to be JUST as OP as you are now.

You need AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALOT more nerfs than you're getting to make you a balanced class. The fact that you aren't getting them means you should shut your mouth and say "thank you blizzard for being SO lenient with my class"

Why does my ilvl 476 honor pvp gear have more pvp power on it than my 493 ilvl conquest gear? PvP power is getting a nerf next patch but I don't understand some of the decisions being made this expansion gear-wise.

Gearing is supposed to make you STRONGER. PvP gear has been getting nerfs by ilvl and through other means every season so far this expansion, and pvp power was supposed to compensate for pvp nerfs...but with pvp power being nerfed, resilience being taken away and ilvls reduced yet again...and from what I understand also a ilvl cap in pvp that is supposed to compensate for the ilvl changes...what the hell is going on with pvp gear this entire expansion? Because I am really confused at this point.
Here's what missing - the correct skin on the warrior t6 boot, belts and bracers.

STILL.