Can't tell if I killed oondasta on my alt

General Discussion
Post Limit:
Here's the exact one that I use and it works fine:

It's not functioning as it's telling me I've killed Oondasta. However, I haven't touched him this week yet.
If you kill Nalak, it flags Oondasta as well which is why that script doesn't work.
05/01/2013 07:11 PMPosted by Novalas

It's not functioning as it's telling me I've killed Oondasta. However, I haven't touched him this week yet.
If you kill Nalak, it flags Oondasta as well which is why that script doesn't work.

That's odd, it's been working normally for me....or at least it was? I haven't killed them yet this week but i'm on my way to do both of them now.
We are aware of the request and looking to add a way for characters to track which world boss had already been defeated in a given week.

WOO!

The macro command or whatever that someone posted [either in this thread or another] that, when input in the chat log, lets you know what bosses you've killed

....but always says I've killed Nalak. Always. ._.
The macro works for Nalak and Oondasta now and it has for a few weeks, so stop telling people it doesn't work.

/run for k, v in pairs({ Galleon = 32098, Sha = 32099, Nalak = 32518, Oondasta = 32519}) do print(format("%s: %s", k, IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(v) and "\124cff00ff00Yes\124r" or "\124cffff0000No\124r")) end

Doesn't work for me. Just tested it on this toon and I have only killed Nalak this week on her but it says yes for Oondasta as well.

Stop spreading false information.

I don't know what to tell you, then, because I swear i've used it before to see if i've killed Oondasta or not and had it give me a no for him even though i'd done Nalak. Maybe it worked for a while and then broke again? Either way something needs to be added for world bosses because having to either memorize who's done what, use an unreliable macro, or use an unreliable mod is getting old.
Oondasta flag has been working properly for me for 3 weeks now (world boss status addon)
The macro works for Nalak and Oondasta now and it has for a few weeks, so stop telling people it doesn't work.

/run for k, v in pairs({ Galleon = 32098, Sha = 32099, Nalak = 32518, Oondasta = 32519}) do print(format("%s: %s", k, IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(v) and "\124cff00ff00Yes\124r" or "\124cffff0000No\124r")) end

I can confirm this does not work. Sure it may look like it, but if I killed Oondasta on this character and used that macro on my monk, it says my monk killed Oondasta as well, which she hadn't.
A notice on the calendar or raidinfo tab would be awesome.
I have 6 alts and I try to kill oondasta every week on them.

This week however I can't remember if I killed oondasta on my dk. There is a macro that lets you know if you have killed certain world bosses that week but it's bugged for oondasta, so it isn't reliable for that boss. Basically if you killed nalak before oondasta on that toon it will say you have killed oondasta also even if you haven't yet, with the macro.

Anyone know any other way I can figure out if I have killed oondasta yet? The toon in question is a dk named blueygooey.

I hope Blizzard fixes this someday.

There IS, indeed, a way to track which toons have killed Oondasta or not.

Step 1) Kill him on one character
Step 2) Log off
Step 3) Log on to next character
Step 4) Kill Oondasta...again.
Step 5) Repeat steps 1-4 until all available characters are covered.
ElvUI tracks this, along with the other world bosses. :)

I think there's another, separate, add-on that also can track it.
This will track it all in away that whatever toon you are on, you just hover over the saved instances icon and it will tell you pretty much what you need to know about any instances or world bosses you may or may or not done or killed.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/saved_instances
ElvUI tracks this, along with the other world bosses. :)

I think there's another, separate, add-on that also can track it.

ElvUI currently only tracks Galleon and Sha of Anger correctly. Nalak and Oondasta were removed from the feature for ElvUI because the tracker just wasn't granting credit for having killed Nalak and Oondasta. (Yes, it is still not in the latest version, which I have and that is 5.99)
As far as the macro that was listed previously, it does and doesn't work from time to time. It is rather annoying when it doesn't, but that being said, it should properly work if you happen to kill Oondasta before killing Nalak. There is an issue with that macro apparently that if Nalak is killed before Oondasta, then Oondasta is checked off as killed, even though you haven't actually killed him (at least that is what I have noticed, and that includes even for my alts as well).
I have 6 alts and I try to kill oondasta every week on them.

This week however I can't remember if I killed oondasta on my dk. There is a macro that lets you know if you have killed certain world bosses that week but it's bugged for oondasta, so it isn't reliable for that boss. Basically if you killed nalak before oondasta on that toon it will say you have killed oondasta also even if you haven't yet, with the macro.

Anyone know any other way I can figure out if I have killed oondasta yet? The toon in question is a dk named blueygooey.

I hope Blizzard fixes this someday.

There IS, indeed, a way to track which toons have killed Oondasta or not.

Step 1) Kill him on one character
Step 2) Log off
Step 3) Log on to next character
Step 4) Kill Oondasta...again.
Step 5) Repeat steps 1-4 until all available characters are covered.

Some people with altitis have trouble remembering which characters they've killed what bosses on.

When you have 5 or 6 lv90's and play them all equally, it all tends to mush together into a blur of scrolling numbers and trade chat spam.
Some people with altitis have trouble remembering which characters they've killed what bosses on.

When you have 5 or 6 lv90's and play them all equally, it all tends to mush together into a blur of scrolling numbers and trade chat spam.

If you can't follow a list in descending order, that's a player issue.
A pen and paper would solve all your problems. I keep a note pad by my computer and just check off who has killed what world boss each week.

If you can't follow a list in descending order, that's a player issue.

Well yeah. I mean, I suppose people could write a little note in a skitchpad with all their character names descending on one side, and all four world bosses across the top and put checkmarks next to the character name and under the world boss until they've done them all.

But some people don't want to have to bother using archaic technology like "pens" and "paper". They want some sort of in-game graphical indicator showing them what bosses they've killed. I mean really...who uses pens and paper to play RPGs? Next thing you know, you'll be asking people to roll DICE!

I mean...would it be too complicated for Blizzard to add World Bosses to the "Raid Info" list?
A pen and paper would solve all your problems. I keep a note pad by my computer and just check off who has killed what world boss each week.

Indeed. If you do not own pen and paper, I would suggest making a spreadsheet.
Just do it again to be sure, at worst, you don't get your 28 gold after enjoying the frill blastage...