Monk Inconviences

Monk
Let's name some inconveniences that tend to happen often on your Monk.

I'll go first.

Start a Fist of Fury on a player, then a Death Knight decides to Death Grip him away.
Any time anyone moves a target when FoF is going would about cover it.

Also I hate that we have no way of starting the fight with a stack of Tigerseye.
Accidently double clicking my 12 stack tigereye brew.
Let's name some inconveniences that tend to happen often on your Monk.

I'll go first.

Start a Fist of Fury on a player, then a Death Knight decides to Death Grip him away.

Can we just leave it at the fact that death grip is annoying? They try and steal KBs with it from the middle of a group and then the healer is able to get away or get a heal off. The pull !@#$ back to you after you fear it off, or just generally grab %^-* without any situational awareness.
LFR hat combo breaker!

lets see here. Inconviences...

Having 3 chi and hitting Hadouken instead of Fists of Fury,

Using Fists of Fury with Energizing brew active,

getting enough chi for Fists of Fury,

Accidently pressing W while channeling Fists of Fury......

Wow. I guess it isn't Called Fists of Fury for nothing. And that only covers raiding.
TIER HAT C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKAH!

From a tanking perspective, summoning Xuen and him deciding to run back and charge my target over and over.

Working up a good shuffle buffer only to have a bad stun/CC (DARN YOU FROST LORD MALAKK AND CRAPPY LFR CO-TANKS!) hit me for just long enough to let it run down.

Being a Monk tank against heavy magic fights, period.

Accidentally hitting Breath of Fire or Crackling Jade Lightning.

Hitting a bad string of RNG luck with Elusive Brew.

-Healing perspective

Renewing Mists in general doing what it does.

Missing that half a second before Renewing Mists drops off before hitting Tea'd Uplift.

Having high Mana Tea stacks with almost capped Mana.

Soothing a target who decides to run out of Range.

Healing Spheres in general.
Having to pull any boss in general. Needing 2 gcds to set up shuffle is highly unpleasant.
Having to pull any boss in general. Needing 2 gcds to set up shuffle is highly unpleasant.

couldnt you just hit expel harm on cd 2x before charging in so you can lead off with bok?
05/01/2013 07:35 AMPosted by Gnomërcy

couldnt you just hit expel harm on cd 2x before charging in so you can lead off with bok?

Out of combat, chi degenerates at 1 chi/10 seconds. The only way to open with a BoK is to use Chi Brew before the pull.
Accidently using NB while Haunted and losing the cd. SO glad thats getting fixed....er...changed.

Going for a Touch of Death kill too early, HoT ticks, and I cant do it.
Trying to hit a druid in travel form with Leg Sweep or FoF. Just a nightmare.
Hitting Diffuse Magic against Primordius to soak damage and losing all of your mutations. Though I guess that's my fault for being an idiot.

Also, hitting Diffuse Magic to reduce the damage from Matter Swap and accidentally dispelling it early.

...Maybe I'm just bad at Diffuse Magic.
And no good cooldown for Quills during Ji-Kun I've found. Unless Zen Meditation works--I forget I have that spell. That and Transcendence.

P.S.: If someone knows a cool use for Transcendence I am all ears because for the life of me, any time I think it might be useful I can just Roll/FSK instead.

P.P.S.: Everything everyone said about FoF/Tigereye Brew. Love RoRO procs off my first Jab...
05/01/2013 04:29 PMPosted by Dargonkillr

Out of combat, chi degenerates at 1 chi/10 seconds. The only way to open with a BoK is to use Chi Brew before the pull.

Sadly, this. The "expel harm" approach to pre-build chi only works if you are Windwalker :(
Can't you use rushing jade wind for 2 chi on a pull?
Dps failing to kill me. They're so annoying.
Can't you use rushing jade wind for 2 chi on a pull?

Rushing Jade wind costs chi.

I suppose for some bosses you could EH and jade lightning and hope you get two chi before the boss gets to you, but that would only work on bosses that are able to move. Even then it wouldn't work every time.
Xuen deciding that his people need him and flying off into the sunset instead of hitting the boss.
Serpent kicks hittin' the smallest pebble an' stoppin'.
Serpent kicks hittin' invisible walls next ta ledges an' nae jus stoppin' yeh, but throwin' yeh off the bloody ledge...

P.S.: If someone knows a cool use for Transcendence I am all ears because for the life of me, any time I think it might be useful I can just Roll/FSK instead.

Ah use it like warlocks use their portals. Grab the flag, Trans ta the ledge. Grab the flag, run ta the other side o' the wall, trans when in danger. Run ta the roof, jump down, trans back up. Thar's also usin' trans ta evade AoE situations as ah tank, example: frontal cone. Trans behind him an' backpeddle 3 steps since roll will overshoot if yeh ferget ta jump. Jump-down scenarios aswell.