Congratulations Lore

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 20 Next
Adding a celebrity to the crew and someone the community really "knows" is always a big plus. I think it's easier to identify with him being a "real person" than just another "blue poster."

It's going to be a two edged sword, I think. While he does lend a great deal of credibility to the team because he 'came from being one of us', so to speak, I'll be dollars to donuts that the first time something doesn't come out juuuuuuust right...the forums will be all over him like a pack of rabid wolves.

It's how the forums are. I know this from personal experience.
Lore score me some Blizzard tickets. Thanks.

-Fan
He's obviously never kept his character a secret. Blizzard has (for several years) had a policy that prevents employees from making their personal characters known. The fact that both Blizzard and Lore have revealed his employment, and that he's going to be a regular Community team member here on the forums, makes it contradictory.

The community is not supposed to know that Lore is the one behind the Blue Name. That's been a long-standing policy. It's why we don't know any of the other blues, like: GC, Crithto, Zarhym, etc.

Eh, I don't think that's so much a policy as a preference by the blizzard employees. Generally if someone is comfortable with revealing that they're an employee it's not a big deal, because most times they only tell people they trust and don't break any NDAs. Lore appears to have more popularity as a fansite contributor already than he would have just coming in as a faceless blue. Ditching that notoriety at this point would be silly. I'm sure he's already dealt with plenty of whispers in game from people who watch his stuff. Though he may want to go incognito from now on to avoid the, "ZOMGZ CAN YOU GET ME INTO BLIZZHQ?!?!?!" Buuuut that's gonna happen on twitter anyway.

Blizzard has poached from the fan community before. It's how they got a couple of their current CMs and of course Fargo Fart Fart Fart Flintlocke Kosak. And Ghostcrawler. So this isn't a first. It's just the first time it's been so visible.
Fargo Fart Fart Fart Flintlocke Kosak

I didn't realise this was his full name.
05/01/2013 08:27 PMPosted by Choonster
Fargo Fart Fart Fart Flintlocke Kosak

I didn't realise this was his full name.

Would you believe he had it legally changed TO Fargo Fart Fart Fart Flintlocke Kosak? I was surprised, too. Can't wait to ask him about it at blizzcon.

All that said, congratulations to Lore and whatnot.
Grats, Lore! This is a huge gain for Blizzard! I wish you the best!

The community is not supposed to know that Lore is the one behind the Blue Name. That's been a long-standing policy. It's why we don't know any of the other blues, like: GC, Crithto, Zarhym, etc.

we DO know who Zarhym, Ghostcrawler, Bashiok and others are. Community Managers are pretty well known.

we DO know who Zarhym, Ghostcrawler, Bashiok and others are. Community Managers are pretty well known.

But not their characters and I think that's the crux of the question being raised. As it is, we now have a Blizzard employee who will very potentially be opening himself for harassment/general fanboyism and the like.

Possibly.
05/01/2013 08:08 PMPosted by Huggywuggles
It's going to be a two edged sword, I think. While he does lend a great deal of credibility to the team because he 'came from being one of us', so to speak, I'll be dollars to donuts that the first time something doesn't come out juuuuuuust right...the forums will be all over him like a pack of rabid wolves.

I read Youtube comments. DO YOUR WORST. <3
I'd thought I'd chime in. Great news and congrats! I hope you keep making videos and keep being generally awesome!
Seems like Lore's put a lot of time and effort in already just as fan, so seeing him get what's probably a dream job for him is pretty cool. Good for you man.
05/01/2013 08:47 PMPosted by Lore

Take it from me, man. You have NO idea. Youtube can't hold a candle to these guys. Just promise you'll communicate more through the actual website than other 'social media'.

WAT ONLY 4/12

NEEDS MOAR PEW PEW

O_O

Your avatar better be a Bird.
so does this mean we can get some blue posts that will be in VIDEO format?
Jus' tossin' in ah Congratulations.
WHYYY!!! MIKE B IS GONE, AND NOW LORE!! IM GOING TO CRY FOR MONTHS! OVILIA IS COOL AND ALL BUT LOREEEEE.

But gratz to Lore, he deserves it. Everyone wants to work at Blizzard because their awesome. It's a incredibly hard place to get into now because of how many people want to be there.

Even getting in as CS is hard. I live 10 mins away from the Austin CS center.
Oh I almost forgot.

*Leaves cake
Looked up a little more, total huge grats dude :D

Take it from me, man. You have NO idea. Youtube can't hold a candle to these guys. Just promise you'll communicate more through the actual website than other 'social media'.

I don't know, Youtube has less reasonable people, but the wow forums defiantly have more viscous people.

Quiet a few awesome people you ALWAYS see on the forums. That is what makes it so much better :D
I don't know, Youtube has less reasonable people, but the wow forums defiantly have more viscous people.

Quiet a few awesome people you ALWAYS see on the forums. That is what makes it so much better :D

And Me, I'm a mix of Vicious and Nice.