When are they going to fix CRZ gathering...

Professions
Seriously... this is one of the worst things they have ever done. There have been piles of threads about this being a problem as well and i havent noticed any plan to fix it. Come on blizzard, you messed up, admit it and fix it.
CRZ actually helps gathering. The more nodes that are gathered, the faster nodes respawn in the zones.

The issue isn't so much CRZ as that general spawn rates in some zones were purposefully decreased to improve the value of the gathered materials.
No, no it does not. I dont care how much the nodes are said to increase when gathered, the number of people i have to compete against increased 10 fold
What are you trying to gather and where are you trying to gather it? I come across a multitude of nodes every time I'm on a leveling character and I have very little competition. Hellfire Penninsula is the most difficult place to gather in the game but every other zone seems really easy.

In fact, if you're gathering in low level areas with a 90, most of the complaints about CRZ gathering are directed at "you" because 90's make it much more difficult for people at level to gather in a zone. If you're gathering in Pandaria you aren't facing CRZ.
maybe its exclusive to mining but i recently leveled herbalism and had 0 problems and got from 0-600 in a couple hours. Which leads me to believe its not any problem with CRZ or anything but people just not knowing how to gather effectively.
maybe its exclusive to mining but i recently leveled herbalism and had 0 problems and got from 0-600 in a couple hours. Which leads me to believe its not any problem with CRZ or anything but people just not knowing how to gather effectively.

I definitely believe there are more people mining ore over picking flowers. I frequently do both, and rarely do I ever come across issues while picking flowers, but mining has me gritting my teeth as I get there just a second behind someone else and miss a node.
05/02/2013 11:05 PMPosted by Shebonez
I definitely believe there are more people mining ore over picking flowers.

I agree. I've only got personal experiences to go on but I've leveled herbalism twice and mining once since CRZ came out and picking herbs went way, way better than finding ore. Both Outlands and Northrend were painful with lots of obvious farmers and very few spawns. I don't know if there were the same amount of flower pickers, I sure seemed to bump into them less often. And there were a lot more herb spawns so no matter how many people there were we weren't fighting over them as badly.
There are generally more herb nodes per zone than ore nodes. Mining efficiently would rely more on flying. The faster the better. Some zones are considered better than others and will ultimately have more miners. There is definitely more variety in herbs.

On my monk, I did my Outlands mining in Zangamarsh. Was at 350 before I left the zone. Now I have just started question him in Howling Fjord and he is at 425. Haven't mined much there though. I'd probably go to Zul'Drak and then Storm Peaks for ore while most people go to Sholozar Basin.

If you're really in a hurry, don't be tempted by caves. They can hold good ore deposits but slow you down as well.
No, no it does not. I dont care how much the nodes are said to increase when gathered, the number of people i have to compete against increased 10 fold

That's not a bug. That's a consequence of playing a MMORPG. So to answer your question, no, Blizzard will not fix, because they don't recognize it as being broken.
The more nodes that are gathered, the faster nodes respawn in the zones.

I don't believe this works cross realm.

I can do lap after lap after lap in Hellfire after Fel Iron and not see a single node.

They at one time in BC reduced the number of Fel Iron spawns there were in HFP because you could get ridiculous amounts right around the Dark Portal for little to no risk, but since then, when they added CRZ it made the zone(at least in my case) more populated than it ever was, and fel iron is non existent.

Even on the AH its next to non existent. The time vs return just isn't worth it to farm for sale.
In my experience Hellfire Peninsula is one of the worst places to gather Fel Iron. It was back in Burning Crusade and it is now. Terrokar Forest and Zangamarsh are better places to get this elusive ore.
Last night I took my hunter from 61 to not quite 67 (it was 5 am and I was sleepy) in HFP and Nagrand with a stop by Zangermarsh along the way.

I began the night at 285 mining and finished at 334 or 335. I gathered most of that in Nagrand but I found a number of Fel Iron nodes in HFP before I left.

I did this on Proudmoore, a "FULL" server. I had no trouble leveling mining. I saw many nodes in Nagrand. The only sad part was the four Khorium nodes that I couldn't pick up. 8( The only trick to it seemed to be that I was leveling mining (and herbs but I stopped getting experience as I've outleveled the content with that profession) while leveling "me."

Make sure you're carrying a +10 mining pick as it will help ease the transition between zones while leveling.

HFP is the worst place to mine in the game and I had no trouble there. I'd recommend going to other zones if you are high enough level as there will be less competition but there were no horror stories to tell about my leveling through fel iron.

Also remember that Prime time is not a good time to try to level anything. Offpeak hours will save you many tears/curse words.
Blizz could fix this if they wanted to but they enjoy annoying people I believe.

I have played numerous games where this problem does not exist. The nodes in a lot of games are account locked not realm locked (IE: if you mine the node it disappears for your account, but is still there for everyone else to mine it who hasn't). It will then reappear for you once your account timer resets it.

If they implemented stuff like this CRZ would not be nearly as annoying!
Blizz could fix this if they wanted to but they enjoy annoying people I believe.

I have played numerous games where this problem does not exist. The nodes in a lot of games are account locked not realm locked (IE: if you mine the node it disappears for your account, but is still there for everyone else to mine it who hasn't). It will then reappear for you once your account timer resets it.

If they implemented stuff like this CRZ would not be nearly as annoying!

i think people just suck at being efficient at gathering and just use CRZ as a scapegoat.

when i get some time im going to level mining to test it
I leveled a Pally after CRZ was introduced and leveling mining wasn't as bad as you might think. I wasn't in any hurry though and used a couple of DMF skill ups for +10 points. This was on a medium population server so the CRZ participation was fairly good. Once I hit 68 I hit BEM to get the rest of the way to Northrend nodes.

If you are hoping to get the skill ups from chancing nodes as you rush from 58 to 68 you'll probbly not happen by enough to get ready for Northrend. However I don't think that spending 30 minutes to get those last few skill ups is a big deal. It is different than it used to be not is is not broken or unworkable.
I have never had a problem finding nodes. You may need to go into a cave more often.