Sunwalker Dezco/Golden Lotus short story up

Story Forum
Prev 1 3 4 5 15 Next
Wow... I teared up reading this story. So sad.

Overall I liked it. It is good to see some actual lore on the Sunwalkers. It is good to see lore on the Tauren. Although, this story hit me pretty hard. I need a few drinks...
I didn't cry but damn what the hell. I'd give Dezco a hug if I could.
I honestly didn't feel anything from reading it.

Yeah, I might get some angry mention for saying so, but honestly there were things that don't make sense.

Dezco made too many bad choices, and didn't accept aid from anyone else of the horde. What's more, he made choices upon his bad choices that put his children in danger.

He reaped the consequences, and now he pays for it. Assuming his character continues to be developed, I can only imagine how it will affect him, if at all, considering that Zhi is still alive in this story. A lot of time has passed since this story.

It speaks VOLUMES of his character, or lack thereof.
Well, that was dark.

... Don't really know what else to say. I didn't get emotional over it, but I wouldn't wish something like that on my worst enemy.
read the story gonna go sob uncontrollably, then later change race to tauren
That's okay, Blizzard, I didn't need my heart anyway

Yeah, I might get some angry mention for saying so, but honestly there were things that don't make sense.

Dezco made too many bad choices, and didn't accept aid from anyone else of the horde. What's more, he made choices upon his bad choices that put his children in danger.

He reaped the consequences, and now he pays for it. Assuming his character continues to be developed, I can only imagine how it will affect him, if at all, considering that Zhi is still alive in this story. A lot of time has passed since this story.

It doesn't mean he deserved it Seebach. Honestly, while he may have brought his children there, I'm sure he had some good reason for it. Not to mention there's loads of other Pandaren children out there. Heck Shado-pan can do worse.

So I don't think I can condemn him for this.
One often meets their fate on the path they take to avoid it.
One often meets their fate on the path they take to avoid it.

That reminds me of a certain Human from Star Wars.

*Cough*
Super sad story. Makes me wanna make a Tauren Paladin.

So now that Dezco had made Pandaria his home, does that mean where're never gonna see him again after this expansion is over?
Well, that was a really sad story. Going to go eat ice cream . . .

Going out to buy icecream before reading; thanks for the warning.

Nah, I agree with this. This is basically the story of Dezco being stupid as heck, with a side order of in-universe resurrection rules being arbitrary as all get out. Killing one of the twins seemed sort of "grimdark" with no real solid story reason as well, especially when the twins surviving his wife's birth was a huge part of the Horde PC storyline in Krasarang as far as themes of rebirth and protection.
Oof...

Right in my feels.

Nah, I agree with this. This is basically the story of Dezco being stupid as heck, with a side order of in-universe resurrection rules being arbitrary as all get out. Killing one of the twins seemed sort of "grimdark" with no real solid story reason as well, especially when the twins surviving his wife's birth was a huge part of the Horde PC storyline in Krasarang as far as themes of rebirth and protection.

Dezco tried to escape fate despite being told he can't. Because he avoided making a hard choice he was left with nothing. Because he couldn't trust anyone he was left with nothing.

Dezco tried to escape fate despite being told he can't. Because he avoided making a hard choice he was left with nothing. Because he couldn't trust anyone he was left with nothing.

I don't think you're going to get a different answer.
Dezco was never told he couldn't escape his fate. He was told to make a choice. He chose to try and keep his family together and return to Mulgore. He was asked to give up a child to be raised by a military organisation. He was trying to hold on to what he had left.

Dezco lost his wife, several of his oldest friends and a large number of his tribe. Now he was being asked to give up one of his sons. Frankly Im suprised he wasnt more pissed particularly towards Chi Ji. Their attitude at the choosing ceremony would have put anyone on edge. If someone walked into where you lived and said 'we want your child' what would your response be?

Dezco didnt take his children into battle willingly. He sought to escape to safety without it negatively effecting his people that stayed behind. His choices ended up leading him to tragedy but they were understandable. He was being asked again to sacrifice for the Vale.

My question is, is the Vale worth it? We keep hearing about how it offers promise of peace and healing but we have seen very little to show sign of how it is exactly going to forefill this promise. Maybe the BL will try and take it in a future expansion and we will blow it up to kill KJ off:P
I guess Dezco never did his Resurrection Quest (vanilla joke). Wark Wark.
Well..

IT seems that we know what the Light was now. Guess the vale was the same vision Tyrande had. It would be nice if we get a story from the Night Elves point of view, but I'm not really expecting it.

Sucks for Dezco, but it does seem that the Tauren with him have decided to call Pandaland home.

How disappointing. I was hoping the Light would be something more.

What was the Light?
felt a little formulaic to me.
felt a little formulaic to me.

To be fair though it is a short story, and there's really not much room for added depth in them. But going by that, any story you come across is pretty formulaic when you break them down to the basics.