Nerf Warriors

Battlegrounds
So, I know this is the "Battleground" Forum and not the "Random Battleground" forum, but some of us just do randoms with friends and guildmates. In my healing set, I am wearing all Honor gear from the current season. Given that I am primarily DPS (and so am not spending my Conquest points on healing gear), this is basically the best gear I can get.

I was in a Temple of Kotmogu this evening and basically got one-shot by a Warrior. His Dragon Roar ability hit me for approximately 370k. This is utterly ridiculous, and is merely another example of the completely broken nature of PvP in this expansion.

Yes, I understand the nature of critical strikes. Yes, I understand the buffs that happen when you have an Orb in ToK. (I do not remember definitively if he had an orb, but I can only assume he did). When you create a situation where one player can one-shot another with this level of gearing, you have broken the game.

Burst damage? Out of control.

Crowd-control? No, it's not in a good place. It's not strategic. CC used to be something powerful that you had to make good use of. Now there is SO much of it that lasts SO long (and frequently affects SO many) that it quite simply saps (no pun intended) the joy of playing.

Instant healing? Broken and inherently unbalancing.

There are no trade-offs anymore. DPS classes do insane amounts of healing without sacrificing DPS. Invulnerabilities are everywhere.

Blizzard has given everything to everybody, and in so doing stolen the fun from PvP.

Blizzard, it is time to admit that your design for PvP in Mists of Pandaria has been an abject failure. It's time for you to address the problems quickly and boldly. Give the joy back to your customers.
I agree that cc is a lil bit insane right now, I'm not gonna lie and say I know how to fix it but I think a slight nerf would help. But I disagree that pvp in mop is a faliure. From what I can tell and in my opinion, pvp is in much better shape now than it was in cata, which is where most of the complaints you've stated are coming from. It was the plan for cata to "bring the player, not the class" but as you can see that did cause some problems.
Honestly, any class is capable of that kind of damage in Temple. I have made a few 600k CB crits ;) I really think you should change the title, because warriors don't really need a nerf. Also, this forum is for anything BGs whether it be random or rated, feel free to post anything BG related here :)
All aboard the QQ train, all aboard, all aboard!
I was in a Temple of Kotmogu this evening and basically got one-shot by a Warrior. His Dragon Roar ability hit me for approximately 370k. This is utterly ridiculous, and is merely another example of the completely broken nature of PvP in this expansion.

05/04/2013 08:09 PMPosted by Roonwit
. Yes, I understand the buffs that happen when you have an Orb in ToK.

Actually, I am going to assume you don't understand the buffs.

When you create a situation where one player can one-shot another with this level of gearing, you have broken the game.

Yes, almost as though it was tied to a very specific dynamic of a certain BG.
I read the title, and for a second I thought I traveled back in time to Season 12.
wow, this is just more evidence supporting my idea that ppl that play this game just believe warriors should be an easy kill and of negligible threat. Warriors are in need of buffs if anything. You were in TOK and therefor anything you have to say about any class based off that is nihl.
ToK and orbs are all about who hits who first. Any warrior who can one shot you with an orb can be one shot by several classes. The problem comes when a shaman/pally/druid healer has the orb and becomes invincible.
The problem comes when a shaman/pally/druid healer has the orb and becomes invincible.

You're as nuts as the OP. Orbs increase damage taken and reduce healing received. If you can't kill a healer holding an orb, the problem is on your end.
OP is complaining about things that aren't even relavent to warriors. Dragon roar splits damage against multiple targets. Nobody even takes Dragon roar. Warriors currently have low survivability, and are extremely vulnerable to root CC. Even non-CD damage is mediocre compared to other DPS classes.
Yeah, you got blown up with an orb, not much you can do about that.

Try switching from Earthgrab Totem to Frozen Power and you can mostly LOL @ Warriors while you kite them around.
ToK and orbs are all about who hits who first. Any warrior who can one shot you with an orb can be one shot by several classes. The problem comes when a shaman/pally/druid healer has the orb and becomes invincible.

Healers are nearly useless in that BG since it's all about doing crazy damage with/vs orb carriers who take reduced healing.
Temple is a burst fest... I got a 300k plus hit on someone while carrying an orb using avengers shield...so yeah even tanks holding the orb can do stupid high damage...it's just the nature of the bg...it's a burst party....
05/04/2013 08:09 PMPosted by Roonwit
Temple of Kotmogu

Nothing to see here.
OP, its people like you that are causing PVP to become useless next patch.
Thanks for being incompetent.
Gem more resilience, having Tyran gear and only 63% res is low
Temple is broken. Damage is broken. CC is broken. Healing is broken. Nerf warriors! Sounds about right.

P.S. I'd still kill you.
Warriors obviously need to be nerfed. Them auto attacks do way too much damage in ToK.