Day of Ashes (OOC 2)

World’s End Tavern: Role-play and Fan Fiction
Post Limit:
Prev 1 2 3 4 25 Next
Adrian can cause a ruckus for the Dwarf.

If need be, that is. He can stay on the ground and get into fisticuffs with other soldiers and the serpent. I'll be at the gym for the next hour or so.
Bryah: My animals! That's it, that dwarf is going to die!

Me: Then you better get your daggers out, he's coming for you now.

Bit of god mode there Ein, but as it wasn't too bad of a god mode, I can roll with it. My response is going to have to wait until I get back from work, I'm afraid. so if anyone wants to defend Sandi and Bryah, go right ahead.

EDIT: Just a thought. Sandi's wearing a plate helmet that covers her whole head. The dwarf isn't going to be able to kick that without causing any pain to himself, and the helmet is going to lessen the impact the blow would have had otherwise.

One question, the consoles have wires inside them right? wires that have electricity running through them? enough to give the dwarf a nasty jolt?

Gah1 must dash or i'll be late!
EDIT: Just a thought. Sandi's wearing a plate helmet that covers her whole head. The dwarf isn't going to be able to kick that without causing any pain to himself, and the helmet is going to lessen the impact the blow would have had otherwise.

He's wearing full chain mail armor, a helmet, and plate boots. Plus, he's a dwarf. So no, kicking someone in the helmet won't do a whole lot to him.

One question, the consoles have wires inside them right? wires that have electricity running through them? enough to give the dwarf a nasty jolt?

They don't, actually. They're magic-based, since that way the Shadow Fleet doesn't have to worry about stuff like a coal-fired engine on their gunships.

And Sydric, the Captain isn't going to do anything if you somehow manage to take him alive. The Shadow Fleet isn't in the habit of giving weak-willed or stupid people command of their ships.
Posted! Next one's on you, Ein!

Edit: Oh, and I mocked that attack myself, Ein(don't judge me). Least with my figure it's rather unbalanced if it misses. I don't have Kialla's strength in real life though. =P
ok posted, I assumed g-modding the captain a little wouldn't be a problem, if it is I will just delete the post, cuz I can't think of anythign else for Sam to do.
Ok, another question, to be fair, if the ship is magic based, how can it operate in an antimagic zone? If you say it is operating by magic then it should not function at all if the magic is being suppressed. You cannot have your ship be immune to the antimagic or it would mean all our magic is functional on board the ship. Just trying to keep things from going too far out of reasonable.
Ok, another question, to be fair, if the ship is magic based, how can it operate in an antimagic zone? If you say it is operating by magic then it should not function at all if the magic is being suppressed. You cannot have your ship be immune to the antimagic or it would mean all our magic is functional on board the ship. Just trying to keep things from going too far out of reasonable.

This is my question as well.

Second question: Can I control the Cloud Serpent a bit to cause enough chaos for the others to get on the ship?

(If there are those who haven't already?)
Frankly I am still wondering what the hell that gun was when he killed ThrallXD

Whatever it was, I think it's broken and useless now.

Still curious

I am a cat after all:P
I'm more curious where the fellow wielding it went... cause if he's got another one, a couple of us will probably die to it if he shows up. :P

I did mention that passive magic/pre-existing magic still worked. Monk's Chi, enchanted items, etc. It was actively cast magic that was suppressed. In this case, the control consoles fit under both "pre-existing enchantment" and "not exactly any of the normal sources of magic" category. Considering that the control extends to the aerial rudder and engines, it doesn't exactly have to work at peak efficiency.

05/09/2013 06:30 PMPosted by Kíalla

You broke 1 of those guns. It's only in bad fiction that the bad guys have a single copy of any given device with no prototypes, backups, or blueprints. As for where Moloch went...

He's currently slaughtering the last few holdouts at Illa Compound. After you guys kill Zherami, break through the attackers' lines, and hijack the gunship, I'll put down a post detailing all that stuff.
*Coughs*

Second question: Can I control the Cloud Serpent a bit to cause enough chaos for the others to get on the ship?

(If there are those who haven't already?)
Ah. Right. The Cloud Serpent is currently in a berserk frenzy. So no, no controlling. On the other hand, it has forced the nearby soldiers to back off considerably, so that's something.
Posted. Bit of a god mode on the captain, but nothing too outrageous I hope. (I was going to finish with a paragraph about how Bryah walked over to the captain, who was lying on the deck with a crossbow bolt in his back, then wrenched the bolt out and placed her boot right above his tailbone and pushed down to crush it. But that really would have been god mode)

Anyway, I'm out for an hour or so while I run errands.

One last thing, that was Bryah's big crossbow she used. But even at that range, her small one would be deadly.
yup ignore the profusely bleeding cat, lying on the floor, it's not like he is dying or anything:P

jkjk I know no one currently on the ship could heal Sam anyway just messing around

with that in mind do we even have a knowledgeable healer in the group?
I think the only possible healers are Meraph and Lia's monk. But there's nothing anyone can do until the shield comes down.
gah I hope someone has a few healing potionsXD
I can throw an app up and bring Nathaniel. He's a healadin. Could post him escaping from the rubble of that other barracks where the remainder of the survivors are holed up at the moment.

Though, he wouldn't be much help to Sydric or Sandaara.
Huh. Pretty sure that I mentioned somewhere that I wanted to control the dwarf captain, but ah well. I'll just fit in some dying, gasped out last words.

That being said, Sydric, I would appreciate it if you would edit out some of the parts of that last post. In the first place, "half a company" comes out to about 100 men: that's 40 -check that, 48- more than the current number of attackers.

Second, how is it that Sydric was able to mow down all of them so rapidly when the original soldiers manning the turrets were reduced to unaimed saturation fire in very low-visibility conditions? Improbable aiming skills doesn't even begin to describe it.

Finally, the gun turrets are single shot things. They're broad-bore, breechloaders that fire either solid, incendiary, or canister. They aren't the machine gun turrets you're probably thinking of. From the previous OOC thread:

4 swivel guns on each side, capable of firing solid or canister shot. Breech-loading.

Working on a post now.