Legendary Quest - Sha Amalgamation

Mage
Post Limit:
I've gotten as far as The Thunder Forge scenario. I can get to the last stage (not too bad). I spent quite a few deaths on the Sha Amalgmation and would appreciate any tips from a Frost Mage on how to successfully win this battle?
Read description on wowhead, that helped me a lot. Imo Blizzard overdid this one, it takes number of deaths to complete. I mean come one, quest that lasts THAT long and at the end you have to curse and yell at the screen ? :D
I did this as fire but some general tips.

1- make sure you are moving when the boss uses the rain ability

2- you don't need to run around the whole room just around an anvil so you have it in range to interrupt insanity casts

3- don't stand in the big puddle and make sure that you move out of the green healing beam before it gets cast so you can go back into it

4- don't worry about the "tank" that you have on your side if it dies it will come back kinda just a power down really

5-make sure you are glyphed for evocate healing

6-at the end make sure that you find the spear and click it that will finish the boss off

Also side note I don't think this was overdone it is honestly the most legendary part of the quest so far and feels fitting for what we get and the end of this part of the chain.
Also side note I don't think this was overdone it is honestly the most legendary part of the quest so far and feels fitting for what we get and the end of this part of the chain.

:D
A legendary meta that before a hotfix was marginally better compared to old gem? (for fire spec)
Also side note I don't think this was overdone it is honestly the most legendary part of the quest so far and feels fitting for what we get and the end of this part of the chain

Although it is oddly not the end of the chain, still 2 more steps for this part.

As for the sha amalgamation, did it last night without much issue. I spent a ton of time just running away from the guy and letting him get ticked down by the DoT. I did die right after clicking the button to use the spear at the end, though. Still got credit for it.
I did this earlier in the week and due to my usual spazziness when thrown into something new I died a number of times.

What eventually helped for me was simply slowing down and paying attention to the amalgamations cool downs.

When he meteor storms just run around a couple anvils, strafing etc cuz the rains are trying to hit you. You'll notice they clear up quickly so you can often just go around the anvil letting them follow you and moving into the newly clear areas. He usually does Insanity after the meteor storm so it helps to remain near your ready anvils.

Whenever he starts doing Insanity click the anvil you're near then move to a new one to dance around during the next meteor swarm or shadow burst.

Whenever he casts Shadow burst move away from where you are. Watch it explode where you were then move back to your anvil.

When the guardian powers down just kite the amalgamation and ice lance your heart out using your shield, blink, ice block etc to avoid taking damage.

If you take damage evocate to top yourself back up with health when not under attack.

I didn't have to use the green heal beams or the lance by keeping my head for a change. It's easier to hug an anvil and focus on DPS than search for the green beam.
I have done this on both my mage and shaman, and it was WAY easier as enhancement shaman than as frost mage, and that is with a 520 mage and 480 enhancement shaman (main spec resto), lol. Self heals and damage reduction cooldowns made all the difference between 15 attempts on mage and just one on shaman. Pretty silly that it is so unbalanced.
Roglof, thanks for telling me you had issues as well - I had tons of issue and I feel better about myself now. Scalina\Frygrd, thank you for taking the time to provide all that exceptional detail. I will be trying again on the weekend. Thank you so much.
Schenn is me. Wrong user logged in.
I have done this on both my mage and shaman, and it was WAY easier as enhancement shaman than as frost mage, and that is with a 520 mage and 480 enhancement shaman (main spec resto), lol. Self heals and damage reduction cooldowns made all the difference between 15 attempts on mage and just one on shaman. Pretty silly that it is so unbalanced.

This is also way easier on a warlock as well..I did this in 3 tries on my warlock and only once got him to 20% on my mage (20x so far)
Read description on wowhead, that helped me a lot. Imo Blizzard overdid this one, it takes number of deaths to complete. I mean come one, quest that lasts THAT long and at the end you have to curse and yell at the screen ? :D

Wowhead is useless..they tell you to click all 7 anvils at once which absolutely did not work
Wowhead is useless..they tell you to click all 7 anvils at once which absolutely did not work

It actually does, but you absolutely have to have a speed boost or it won't work (in fact the only reason it does work is the Anvil's debuff stacks and you need at least six of them in order to bring him down far enough for the spear to come down). If you don't have a speed boost the debuff falls off long before you get half-way through the Anvils.
when he casts insanity click the anvil, stay on the move during the shadow meteor thing, i was honestly dissapointed with this fight after hearing so many people say how hard it was and i one shot it.
Thank You !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
07/13/2013 10:07 AMPosted by Ghwene

This is the only method that worked for me except I left up 2 anvils. Burning 5 down quickly reduces the Sha's health quite a bit, about 15%-20% I believe.

Anvil purge > burn phase > interrupt > stay alive > interrupt > click spear > win