Open Libram LXXVII: Light in the Black

Paladin
Prev 1 2 3 4 26 Next
...Dunno if I should be concerned or proud that I have absolutely no idea what an Observer is... >_>

Nah, it isn't like being proud of not knowing which one's Edward and which one's Jacob.
which one's Edward and which one's Jacob.

...Still not following... >_<
05/05/2013 11:53 PMPosted by Grôgnárd
"What are you talking about? it's an Observer you noob."

...Dunno if I should be concerned or proud that I have absolutely no idea what an Observer is... >_>

It's effectively the WoW equivalent of a Beholder.

Kinda like how Blizzard based Zerg roughly off of Games Workshops Tyranids, and Tyranids were likely based off of Alien the movie and Starship Troopers the novel.

It's kind of like how most people associate the Tupac song 'Changes' to be original, and if you so much as remark that the tune and concept of the song was originally by Bruce Hornsby, some people get all in your face about it. Same thing with Smooth Criminal by Alien Ant Farm, annoying that you have to explain to people that the original is actually a Michael Jackson song.

The issue with Beholders and Observers however, is that they are remarkably similar in appearance and combat. Hence why when people tell me it's an Observer and act all mighty, I cry.
I love spicy food but hate retarded spicy. I enjoy spice for the flavor not for the burn like most american restaurants.

I'm with you on that. Spicy is great. But habeneros, scotch bonnets, and other super spicy peppers tend to taste like !@#$ on their own. It's like loading down a dish with lemon zest or sage. Little good. Alot is crap.

Incwizishun is dum and stoopid! ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

A guildie summed it up very well last night: "It's not Templar's Verdict."

Ret's rotation is in a fantastic place atm, and anyone who doesn't like Inq does not need to play ret.

Haha thats great, the next Inq thread we should just spam that
05/06/2013 07:40 AMPosted by Paladinchaz

Haha thats great, the next Inq thread we should just spam that

Agreed. And this, for good measure:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvi52aHbvG1qixzrmo1_500.png

05/06/2013 12:14 AMPosted by Vrqt
It's effectively the WoW equivalent of a Beholder.

Ah, okay. Same name, different universe; nomenclature spazzed about by rabid fanboys with no sense of history. Just another day in WoW.
All those giant eyeball monsters look alike
Baldur's Gate

Geektip: Beholders were originally created for Dungeons & Dragons in 1975.

I may not be a D&D geek but I do know my basic monster history, don't you geektip me!

Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance was just the first time I encountered them in video game form, good game from what I recall.

I think I have the Gamecube version lying around somewhere. I know it had a Drizzit cameo and he sucked.

I love this. XD

Although I do believe some of us are letting the Inquisition hate get too blinding. There are some good suggestions for it.

I'm still a fan of the idea of it refreshing after a Killing Blow via Supplication, wouldn't really affect PVE and would help with the PVP complaints a touch.

Editz: Especially since some of you seem to be resorting to nearly straight trolling now even to thoughtful posts......
Editz: Especially since some of you seem to be resorting to nearly straight trolling now even to thoughtful posts......

Like..? I havent seen any thoughtful posts on that subject in the current thread lately.

Not trolling, just leveling the playing field.
05/06/2013 11:12 AMPosted by Paladinchaz
Like..?

Like the post Cletiscake made in the all caps Inquisition thread, Light why hasn't that thing been deleted yet.

He may have been wrong, but at least he actually tried to explain his point in a non hostile and non retarded way

Which I think is deserving of more then just a one sentence troll response.
I'm not going to type out a long drawn out response to his post, well written it may have been it was still full of faulty logic

He was over-complicating the situation.
I didn't say you should, I just said some people in here are taking it too far.

Do what you like, I'm not the forum police. Some posts are worthy of the

Some aren't.
I think Grog did that in reply to the level 1 alt.
Cadenbrie is a bad person and should feel bad and is just a real baddie mcbad.

^ troll deployed
Cadenbrie is a blunt and stupidly opinionated person and I will call people on their crap when I feel it needs to be called, you don't have to agree with me. Don't really care.

LIKE A TRUE PALADIN I STAND IN JUDGEMENT!!!

I SHALL DECIDE WHO IS WORTHY OF BEING TROLLED AND WHO IS NOT!!!

http://youtu.be/itmNiTwHOsM?t=21s
Umadbro?
Considering the comical content of my previous post I'd say no, although I'm sure you're joking yourself.

At any rate I will let the topic drop.
Of course, I'd never use stupid internet jargon, but it seemed appropriate