Am I just bad or...?

Shaman
Am I just bad or does Elemental absolutely not perform well in PvP? I was super good in Wotlk...but ever since all pvp is as elemental is spam cc'd/silenced/trained. If I pop ascendance I get creamed..lava burst hits like a wet noodle in pvp....then I try my shadow priest and it's like the opposite..is elemental just THAT bad in pvp or what?
05/10/2013 04:12 PMPosted by Teepeez
Am I just bad or does Elemental absolutely not perform well in PvP?

These aren't mutually exclusive ;)

With decent teammates elemental can be quite good. In smaller scale pvp such as duels and 2s though it can be very very frustrating though and takes a considerable amount of skill to do decent.
its not the best or easiest spec to play but i think i do well with it
05/10/2013 04:12 PMPosted by Teepeez
lava burst hits like a wet noodle in pvp

0/10
It is the worst offensive caster in the game.
I've found 1v1 we're absolute crap. The only melee I have had some luck with is warriors (mind you I did say luck). I managed to do alright in 2s, but there is an abrupt wall where you just seem to slam your head into, fall down and slowly get back up just to do it again. For me it was around 1550, and yes I am just a 1550 baddie, so that could play a huge role in it. Obviously having a healer follow you around will make pvping way easier.. but those 20 seconds of cc/silence are brutal and being able to knock out a quick 150k damage before having to sit through it all again is great.

in short, stick with the group and hope you have a healer that has a soft spot for eles and will keep you up.
Play with a good frost/fire mage and a disc priest or a good aff/destro lock and a r. druid.
I honestly don't know what your talking about. Shamans are the best in 1v1 and plain old pvp because we have so many spells we can cast which stops the enemy. Every single type of played can be stopped by a shaman. You can root melee classes and spell block casting classes. The dmg isnt that bad either if your well geared. Also, get the glyph that makes you able to case lightning bolt while moving. It helps a lot
05/13/2013 07:12 PMPosted by Soulturtle
Shamans are the best in 1v1

I don't think you're talking about the same game.
I honestly don't know what your talking about. Shamans are the best in 1v1 and plain old pvp because we have so many spells we can cast which stops the enemy. Every single type of played can be stopped by a shaman. You can root melee classes and spell block casting classes. The dmg isnt that bad either if your well geared. Also, get the glyph that makes you able to case lightning bolt while moving. It helps a lot

Are you forgetting that windshear is 12sec now?
You know what would really help a shaman a LOS totem haha
Am I just bad or does Elemental absolutely not perform well in PvP? I was super good in Wotlk...

Ele shammies were OP in wotlk...all the other times including now, they are terrible.
Ele is miles behind the 'Gap closer/creator' arms race. Back in LK, things like earth bind and tstorm were incredibly powerful gap creators. Now we live in a day and age where every melee has a snare, rets have 2 diff spells to remove snares/roots, rogues have shadowstep and shuriken toss (most balanced attack in their arsenal), warriors have 2 charges and a leap, enh has spirit walk, dks have double grip and ranged roots, monks are just plain stupid with the stuff they have, we just get wrecked by melee. Were a class that has to hardcast everything and almost every class/spec has an interrupt, we are completely vulnerable during silences which almost every class has, and we lack a GOOD defensive CD (again ALL other classes have them). Make splink baseline imo.

Is this guy for real?
The only reason elemental shaman do so well with a mage is because when people see an elemental shaman they get blood drunk tunnel like a maniac and allow the mage to freecast.

I mean holy !@#$ our CCs even dr with each other.
Am I just bad or does Elemental absolutely not perform well in PvP? I was super good in Wotlk...but ever since all pvp is as elemental is spam cc'd/silenced/trained. If I pop ascendance I get creamed..lava burst hits like a wet noodle in pvp....then I try my shadow priest and it's like the opposite..is elemental just THAT bad in pvp or what?

you wouldnt believe the number of threads that sounds just like this one in priest foruns, i've met one good elemental shammy, he was beating every1 at orgirmar on duels, u don't lack gear, i don't want to say you lack skill, but maybe u might be negleting something
05/18/2013 10:12 PMPosted by Cerbhero
i've met one good elemental shammy, he was beating every1 at orgirmar on duels

I went to the hospital.

I met a brain surgeon.

It's easy to be a brain surgeon.

Because I seen one.

Holy hell you spelled everyone as every1, you're pretty much a giant tool from the get-go.
05/18/2013 11:09 PMPosted by Grenade
i've met one good elemental shammy, he was beating every1 at orgirmar on duels

I went to the hospital.

I met a brain surgeon.

It's easy to be a brain surgeon.

Because I seen one.

Holy hell you spelled everyone as every1, you're pretty much a giant tool from the get-go.

never said it was easy to be good a ele shammy, just that it is easier to blame a class for underperforming
With a good team you can excell even better than alot of other classes. But at the same time if you get a bad team well have fun at the spirit rez gal. If people leave you alone the damage we can do is damn near retarded.