Ele Shamans in Bgs

Shaman
Post Limit:
As my worst fears are coming true, warriors not needed in bgs, I am forced to re-roll. My shaman is a fun class but as I have heard horror stories about Ele in PvP I am worried about diving in. I don't want to heal as I like to deal damage. Are Ele shamans worth rolling in 5.3?
As with all classes/specs, you'll find the exceptions of those breaking 2.2K+ but as for Elemental, well, the numbers tell the story for you. http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/stats-classesrepartition-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0.html
As with all classes/specs, you'll find the exceptions of those breaking 2.2K+ but as for Elemental, well, the numbers tell the story for you. http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/stats-classesrepartition-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0.html

That's all RBGs and Arena though, he is asking about just plain ol BGs.

I love playing elemental in BGs. Albeit prepared to get trained a lot, melee can be tricky to get away from. Stick to groups and just practice kiting and staying alive and you're golden. I don't know if you've played shaman since the major changes to totems. It can be a bit overwhelming have all of these "CDs" if you will at your disposal and when to properly use them. Practicing kiting and correct usage of totems go hand in hand so that's a decent plus. Another thing to consider is the nice buff to enhance they are giving.
queue with a healer and you'll do fine.
I got this ele shammy to 90 during 5.2 and it was absolutely horrible until i got gear. It might be easier come 5.3 with the resi changes though, plus top classes are getting nerfed (yay). I play random nonrated bgs.

Ele requires you to cooperate with your teammates. Don't try to solo anything as you can easily be trained or beat down. If you remain with a group then you can dish out some excellent damage, and it becomes a lot more fun. Don't hold a flag or guard a node alone!

You can kill people easily by thunderstorming people in the middle in EOTS or at LM in Arathi Basin. You can also defend flag nodes easily in AV by blowing people off with thunderstorm as well (if you play alliance). Also, earthquake is awesome for defending flag nodes.

herb/alchemy is really helpful to offset Ele's weak survivability i find. I personally don't use the pvp trinket anymore in lieu of my zen alchemist stone (there is so much random cc all the time in bgs it is hardly worth it imo). Nature's Guardian + zen stone + potion + stoneform + lock stone macro is an emergency ghetto lay of hands.

Hope this helps!

Worldofwarcraft.com also says that wars are the most prevalent class in bgs above 2.2k
You got me up all night. PvP'ing in Warsong.
You got me up all night. Constant CC's in Warsong.
You got me up all night. Lava Burstin' in Warsong.
You got me up all night. Downing scrubs in Warsong.
ele is one of the specs that does the most damage in RBGs, but its probably better to reroll a destro lock or boomkin
@OP if you play with friends frequently and often in BGs, Ele is the spec for you. A very strong utility based aoe powerhouse when the support and peels are there.

If you mainly play soloamio then you need to rethink shaman all together. We REALLY are team dependent.
everyone crys about theier classes, go for it! every class can be good once u are mostly tyrannical before that all sucks