To Ghostcrawler

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
So I was checking out your twitter this morning and I realized that many of your posts are fully focused on defending yourself/creators for in-game pieces. I haven't seen 1 time where you or any of the other creators just say, hey yeah you're right we should have done that better. 99% of the time it's about "Well you can do this a different way or you can't, it's all about how you want to play." But the truth of the matter is this: You guys took the ways that most of us were used to playing at max level and completely wiped it clean. There is going to be some major push-back, and you can say what you want about "The game was boring/dungeon grinding got old/rep dailies allow the story to be told" ETC. but the truth is a lot of people liked that way of playing, and you removed it (Also a key point you failed to mention is that dungeons lost their importance at HQ too with the lack of new ones coming out). My point is, have you ever taken a step back and wondered WHY so many people complain about the exact same topic? I know you guys count words on these forums and I wonder how many times "Dailies" or "Rep Grind" have been used since MoP dropped? I am not complaining, and I'm not threatening to leave/unsub, but honestly you guys took a major hit in the teeth this past quarter. How much of that was attributed to this kind of "Play like you want (But not really)" kind of mantra the game took on September 25th, 2012?

Learn2paragraph idiot...

But be glad, that apparently 1.3 millions subs didn't agree with his vision and left. It speaks volumes about his spectacular failure.
05/11/2013 11:09 PMPosted by Daralii
Cata's catch up system, feeling of mandatory dailies, rep tabards. That's three off the top of my head.

He never stated why the Wrath/Cataclysm catch up model was bad, he just declared it to be so and never went into detail behind it beyond some handwaving about how gear=content.

The other two positions he has explained in detail as to what was the reasoning behind them and how they failed to meet their original goals.

For me saying "we might have screwed up" is not admitting mistake, it's someone being too proud to admit his mistakes.

That's business and politics lingo for saying they screwed up. Using definitives can lead to the impression that people who enjoyed those systems were wrong for doing so, which can cause (completely irrational) backlash.
It's irrelevant, after a major product relaunch, under his leadership, that results in a single quarter subscriber loss of 14%, he's gone, he may not have gotten the memo yet, but the board will have his head soon enough.

His vision of cookie cutter toons and story driven dailies has lost Vivendi between 50-75 million dollars a year, at the current pace.

Corporations do not forgive 8 figure mistakes.
05/12/2013 12:25 AMPosted by Bomdanil
Cata's catch up system, feeling of mandatory dailies, rep tabards. That's three off the top of my head.

He never stated why the Wrath/Cataclysm catch up model was bad, he just declared it to be so and never went into detail behind it beyond some handwaving about how gear=content.

The other two positions he has explained in detail as to what was the reasoning behind them and how they failed to meet their original goals.

For me saying "we might have screwed up" is not admitting mistake, it's someone being too proud to admit his mistakes.

That's business and politics lingo for saying they screwed up. Using definitives can lead to the impression that people who enjoyed those systems were wrong for doing so, which can cause (completely irrational) backlash.

It seems like Diablo 3 went through the same thing and now WOW is following it :)
It seems like Diablo 3 went through the same thing and now WOW is following it :)

Then why are you still here? This game is dead after all
I don't get why this was reported?
I don't get why this was reported?
Callout threads are reportable, and threads asking for Blizzard attention are considered spam.

Not sure what that has to do with anything when artists and Metzen are the only staff they share.
Greg Streets does not play wow seriously, the man is a Head Game Designer, He has his underling programmers and such for that. Leave the Crab alone. lol

Nah I agree he might start making quicker changes. I've seen older posts where GC claimed to play a BG but I swear what was said didn't add up for the WSG bg. Oh well, The Eastern countries are pulling out (loss of subs and most weren't gold farmers sorry), they know Elder Scrolls Online is coming. It won't be a wow killer but it will put a few nails in the coffin. GC and his inner circle of close buddies are finishing wow off. I pray that "supposed" new code name game Titan is decent.

Because unless its "really" great. Wouldn't surprise me if the main Corporate board doesn't start looking to sell Blizz off piece by piece in the near (3-4 years) future and when that happens the first people to go are the lower folks like customer service. Blizzard has already done this. Just a matter of time before people in the designer area's start taking hits, Its a evil process but the corporate ball has already started it seems.
05/12/2013 02:18 AMPosted by Heinikenz
Greg Streets does not play wow seriously, the man is a Head Game Designer, He has his underling programmers and such for that. Leave the Crab alone. lol

He's claimed to be a heroic mode 25m player in game on twitter.
He seems open to criticism to me. He has to be.

But I don't know why he doesn't just post on the official forums like Bubblykiss suggests.

weird
He's talked about it before. Twitter's format basically lets him have an infinite lightning round of a Q&A. On here, he'd usually be writing an essay in response to every question.

They should totally make a Q&A forum with character limits. Sort of like a WoW only Twitter.
I know this one!!! Use a 3rd party web sight to disseminate game information to the game community instead of using the game's official web site, right?????

That's a brilliant idea! It might just work!

/sarcasm
If they keep everything the same this game would not be fun.
What's funny is sometimes he's posted every 5-15 minutes for like 6 hours straight. That's crazy distracting! Also, he ends up saying crazy dumb things because of Twitter limitations.

I almost always disagree with GC and his philosophy, but everyone says he's just the fall guy for other peoples' bad decisions, so I guess it's not surprising he's forced to defend random decisions all day.
How would you react if you were told constantly "YOU SUCK! YOU SHOULD BE FIRED!" every day no matter what you did for the game?

My self esteem would rise
But be glad, that apparently 1.3 millions subs didn't agree with his vision and left. It speaks volumes about his spectacular failure.

First, most of those sub loses were Chinese and Asian in general who are pretty fickle.

Second, this game has been out forever (in game years). Most of the people complaining about the game are bored with it whether they consciously realize it or not. It's part of the life-cycle of any game and it's a miracle WoW has lasted as long as it has.

Third, there are plenty of @sshats who are going to complain about whatever Blizz does. It's part of their whiny nature and they feast on bad news like hyenas on a rotten carcass.

Fourth, people who complain that so-and-so never admits to mistakes tend to be a) obsessed with that person and b) never, ever admit to their own mistakes.
05/12/2013 02:47 AMPosted by Faiyd

First, most of those sub loses were Chinese and Asian in general who are pretty fickle.

Second, this game has been out forever (in game years). Most of the people complaining about the game are bored with it whether they consciously realize it or not. It's part of the life-cycle of any game and it's a miracle WoW has lasted as long as it has.

Third, there are plenty of @sshats who are going to complain about whatever Blizz does. It's part of their whiny nature and they feast on bad news like hyenas on a rotten carcass.

Fourth, people who complain that so-and-so never admits to mistakes tend to be a) obsessed with that person and b) never, ever admit to their own mistakes.

You have a syndrome of self-denial, just like that crab.

Basically, you aren't admitting that Blizzard has took a wrong turn in development and lost 1.3 million subs that were supposedly picky about the games they played.

1.3 million subs. Think of it. It's not 500k subs like last time. What made them leave the game despite the hard work that they have put into getting their cheevs, mounts, reputations, farms, PVP gear and pets etc? It is clear that certain factors (or a combination) made these people leave WOW.

The cold hard facts is starring at you in your face. 1.3 Million subs is not a handful of players that leaves during the lull of the expansion. This time, it's 1.3 million subs lost on top of the 500,000 subs lost last round.

Objectivity is hard...

But then again, Blizzard will be glad that die-hards like you will always be their shield.
:confession bear:
I actually like wow, and think given the amount of people in the game that whine about every change that i think the development team do a great job on keepin me happy.
Every time someone tweets him a legitimate complain he either ignores it or just says the equivalent of "hey I know what I'm doing and I care because, duh, wow pays my bills".

Just because you have a complaint and think it is legitimate doesn't make it so. Most of the statements that get tossed at GC are either grossly exaggerated, filled with hyperbole, or laced with unnecessary venom.

Most people don't even know that GC isn't the man at the top, he's just become the trolls favorite punching bag.