*NEW NAME FOR "EXECUTE"*

Warrior
Post Limit:
ok so fellow warrior, here's the deal, let's think of a new name for "Execute" i am thinking of the name " Noodle Chop"
How is it? sick right?, ok let's keep the ball rolling KGO!
Execute in the top 2 or 3 hardest hitting abilities in the game.

People still complain it doesn't hit hard enough.

warriorforums.txt
"death row" given how long you have to wait to execute someone!
I see 1 million hits on many fights, and 700k on pretty much all others with execute.

It's fine.
I like Execute the way it is. I don't like warrior damage being crap till Execute phase.
I like Execute the way it is. I don't like warrior damage being crap till Execute phase.

Spoiler: It's not
Now would be a good time to say if you're talking about PvP or PvE.
PTR War full tyrannical, no extra buffs and without CS, execute hits for 40k on cloth. That's just, bad. Lock Shadowburn hits for 65k. Reflected a mage frost bomb and it crit him for 70k.

Since execute damage is pretty low now, I vote for Sudden death to go back to being a chance to proc executes when Autoattacking and from the mastery attacks.
Now would be a good time to say if you're talking about PvP or PvE.

It's always about pvp. Warrior QQ is 99% PVP and only 1% PVE. The bulk of your PVP community doesn't acknowledge the PVE side when they're !@#$%ing about damage and skills.
Since execute damage is pretty low now, I vote for Sudden death to go back to being a chance to proc executes when Autoattacking and from the mastery attacks.

That would be hilariously OP in PvE.

HILARIOUSLY.
05/17/2013 12:57 PMPosted by Samayael

That would be hilariously OP in PvE.

HILARIOUSLY.

Actually if it replaced the CS refreshing, my guess is it'd be a major dps loss for us. Unless we got to like keep charges of execute stored up or something, so we could save them all for when CS came online then unload executes, which would probably be pretty OP.

It should be the hardest hitting finisher period.

Considering its pretty much the original one, I agree with this. But it would make our dps even more backloaded than it already is.
So hi, this thread exists.

Dragonslayers say please stop rocking the boat.

PVPers say "LOL LOOK AT MY RESIL!!! Hey wait, why am I hitting that guy so soft?"

Think about it.
Spoiler: It's not

Yes, I know. Hence why I like Execute the way it is. It amazes me how little people read before commenting on your post.

Considering its pretty much the original one, I agree with this. But it would make our dps even more backloaded than it already is.

It really comes down to the choice between having it be the hardest hitting ability bar none, but gaining a cooldown, or keeping it as being spammable as is tradition.

Personally I like the way it is. But I wouldn't mind seeing a damage boost with a 10 second cooldown or whatever, so damage/damage distribution remains the same but the ability itself hits that much harder to take the absolute #1 spot. I just don't think it's necessary, the attack is in a good spot where it is.
The variance on it makes me ambivalent about it. There are OFTEN times my MS hits for more than Execute. It's why many new-Warrior threads simply call it "filler" in your <20% rotation. It's just not special.

There are those times when Execute actually does damage equal to what you think it should as a special ability, and those moments are great. But for the most part, Execute has become "The other Mortal Strike you use when mob is <20%."
Personally I like the way it is. But I wouldn't mind seeing a damage boost with a 10 second cooldown or whatever, so damage/damage distribution remains the same but the ability itself hits that much harder to take the absolute #1 spot. I just don't think it's necessary, the attack is in a good spot where it is.

I kind of like that idea. A damage boost with a small CD to match would be an interesting change, perhaps for the best if you think about it. The rage cost is too high to spam in PvP anyway.
05/17/2013 03:55 PMPosted by Secondwind
Personally I like the way it is. But I wouldn't mind seeing a damage boost with a 10 second cooldown or whatever, so damage/damage distribution remains the same but the ability itself hits that much harder to take the absolute #1 spot.

I'd rather see Execute have a 100% chance to Crit every 10 seconds. Though looking at the wording, it's possible that I'm saying the exact same thing.