1.3 MILLION subscribers lost

General Discussion
Prev 1 132 133 134 176 Next
So I don't think you're right. I think WoW's business model isn't delivering a sub's worth of perceived value to players, especially in the East where there's so much more competition (like infinity more competition because MMOs are still HUGE and GROWING over there) or in the West, where the MMO concept might still be working amazingly well, if the genre weren't dominated by a sinking WoW.

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't asian subs not pay monthly fees like we do?

Anywho, I can't speak intelligently about MMO trends in the east as I don't know much about the market over there. Over here however, the MMORPG bubble has indeed burst, evidenced by the fact that game corporations are no longer frantically trying to release their own MMO. The gold rush has ended here.
When i get home, I'm expecting 2-3 hours of fun to help me relax after a hard day's work. Instead i find WoW bring me additional stress through the dailies grind, long queuing times, boring low population realm and stupid RNG system.

This game is bringing more harm than good. 1.3M loss of subsribers is huge, and these people were obviously not stupid. This 132 pages thread clearly explains why.
Oh no, there's only eight million of us left.

I'm not reading this thread but I just wanted to say congrats on not knowing how profits work.
When i get home, I'm expecting 2-3 hours of fun to help me relax after a hard day's work. Instead i find WoW bring me additional stress through the dailies grind, long queuing times, boring low population realm and stupid RNG system.

This game is bringing more harm than good. 1.3M loss of subsribers is huge, and these people were obviously not stupid. This 132 pages thread clearly explains why.

I agree with much of this statement.
1.3 million subs lost in the course of 3 months...

Maybe we should take a look at the top discussed issues that were in the forums.

1. CRZ
2. WOW community social issues
3. Gated reps
4. repetitive grinds

These are the most complained about issues and had Blizzard kept in touch with the community instead of living in denial and ghostcrawler's vision of wow, subs lost wouldn't be in million.

1.3 Million players or accounts gave up everything that they have grinded is really something that Blizzard should think about now that their sub base is hitting record low.

Bottomline: are we able to say that greg street aka ghostcrawler's vision of wow has failed a large part of community that they are willing to give up everything that they have strived for?
Dying indeed. I don't enjoy it anymore, going to unsub. Wait no, I'll wait for 5.3 to drop for....some scenarios? A new BG oh my! Sigh, so lame. But really though, blizz is gonna have to blow my mind to get more money from me. Something PVP oriented, too cuz that !@#$'s broken yet it's the game's only saving grace. Bye for now.
Dailies? Meh... you can get by in this game perfectly fine without doing em.

Long que times? HAH! Honestly...anyone that played the game before the group finder tools were added in the game know what waiting is all about. 50mins to make a group back in the day would have been extremely nice, theres not much Blizz can do about people not wanting to play a healer or tank.

Low Pop servers....well yeah, they need to fix that. Some servers are just ridiculously low, and I know many people that have stopped playing this game because of it. It shouldn't be up to the player to fork out $30 PER CHARACTER just to be on a server they enjoy, while they are already paying a sub for a game that they had to pay an upfront cost for.

Anyways, I think a lot of the subs lost were probably gold farmers. Sucks that its 1.3 million people less, since that probably means the content added to the game will become progressively worse since they wont have as much money to spend on it....not that they dont make a killing on this game.

Maybe we should take a look at the top discussed issues that were in the forums.

1. CRZ
3. Gated reps
4. repetitive grinds

These are the most complained about issues and had Blizzard kept in touch with the community instead of living in denial and ghostcrawler's vision of wow, subs lost wouldn't be in million.

1.3 Million players or accounts gave up everything that they have grinded is really something that Blizzard should think about now that their sub base is hitting record low.

Bottomline: are we able to say that greg street aka ghostcrawler's vision of wow has failed a large part of community that they are willing to give up everything that they have strived for?

you missed dead servers..
Be nice to see a blue post in here but I am betting none of them have the balls to take this one on.

You are right. It's because whatever they use to counter us, we can throw 1.3 million subs disagrees with them as a reason and shut them right up.

For that much subs to leave their hard work behind is not normal unless something drastic happens.
The game is a lot of fun, just need to merge low pop servers, I understand the biggest problem with merging, is names, but they've done it before they can do it again.

1. CRZ
3. Gated reps
4. repetitive grinds

you missed dead servers..

I apologize. Dead servers are part of the issues that the vocal community has been screaming to be fixed. But apparently, Ghostcrawler believes in the grandeur of CRZ and how it will be the "one solution to rule them all".

Wake up greg, you lost 1.3 million subs. Blizzard should really thank you for quickening the demise of WOW.
I took a 9 month break from the game, but i'd like to see the fees for character transfer and race change drop, right now i'm in the middle of either a server transfer with my friends, or making my rogue another race, just too pricey.
I am wondering if Blizzard C.E.O. are just looking for a way to pink slip The World of Warcraft worker, or give them the option of working on Diablo or star craft,For them to put ear plug and blinders on and close their eyes to what is happening to wow it was their call,THEY decided to kill it and blame their workers,They either approve or reject the creative ideas,Why else would they be pushing their other game when you log into wow if they weren't trying to kill it them selves. I loved playing wow with friends and 3 generation of extended family, We all live in different parts of the county. But now it's not fun.I have started to look at other games,But they don't care about the players as long as they can vacation in the Bahamas or Fire Island and drive their Bentles. They are letting the World of Warcraft die they don't want to fix it,Before Blizzard bought it it was fun The people that owned it and work on it where like family with the players that is never going to happen again They don't care if they have to let workers go. They have other games. I will not play other blizzard game,I am hunting for another game .
i pod. If I knew where they went for lunch I would be tempted to do what that maid did in the Help only would mix doggy poopoo in their cake. lol , They would be safer eatting at a mac Donald and getting their lunches via the drive up window,Their are still a lot of people that like to play wow and are not happy about what they are doing to the game.O.k. I have vented I do not keep stuff in i refuse to have a stroke Blizzard C.E.O. are not worth it
I took the offer to play free for 5 days just to post this. I have no desire to play this game again anymore, but I stopped by the forums to get a chuckle at the news of the 1.3 million fleeing the game from the last earning report.

Just wanted to give my two cents in case the developers are looking at opinions on what went wrong. My 5 top reasons for leaving the game (which all come down to lazy development):

1. No hybrid talent system -- forced to play classes 1 way. Also kills any alternative ways to avoid being nerfed. In the past they lower the damage of xxx skill/dot, I was able to retalent to a different mapping and different rotation. Apparently they removed that completely in MoP.
2. Killed the different 10man and 25man lockout system.
3. Poor replay value due to #1 and #2 for alts. Characters all feel the same now -- in the past, PvE combat involved more action-reaction-counter reaction instead of "know your rotation, when to interrupt, and hit the magic button when the icon lights up".
4. Since Cata, healing lost all its fun. Unless you find managing bullets and reloading a gun more exciting than actually shooting it.
5. Very poor dungeon designs mid-ICC and just got far worse since. Ulduar can actually be done without any 3rd party add-on. Can you do any raids now without using them? They were designed extremely challenging without having to resort to gimicky invisible damage zones, over RNG, boss timers, and other pathetic attempts meant to add difficulty.

I left the game when Firelands was just released but before that I played nearly 2-6 hours a day for the previous 2-3 years in a 10-man guild that ran 3-4x a week. So I have no idea if any of those problems were fixed, but I know the game went from the best thing I ever played to the absolute worst thing I ever played. I've since switched to Guild Wars 2, which has great game playing mechanics. Your equipment is one of the last factors if you win/lose a fight, its all about class mechanics and tactics, something that WoW used to have but lost (since patch 4.1?).
I am wondering if Blizzard C.E.O. are just looking for a way to pink slip The World of Warcraft worker, or give them the option of working on Diablo or star craft

I'm pretty sure the CEO of Blizzard is not Jeffry Loria. He's nor investors nor the holding company of Activision-Blizzard is going to want to see WoW the back bone of Blizzard, the game that allows them to continue to exist as a company and create their other current franchises and develop new ones, go out of business or decline in profits for any reason.
I've seen a lot of complaints about the dailies in endgame. Ever since WoTLK I've wondered why you bother with endgame. At least with WoTLK there was something worth doing. Lately I wonder.
I put it down to player burnout and/or competition. We have strong comp from the likes of Guild Wars 2 - A very polished MMO with a player base that's steady, albeit no where close to what wow has, but it is holding. And GW2 is free to play.

Blizzard needs to change its strategy for the long term. The current pay to play concept is a dying one and I think its time they got their heads together fast.