Garrosh's fate

Story Forum
It seems obvious to me that Garrosh's rein as Warchief is drawing to an end. The majority of the horde is now against him and its his own fault. But what I think should happen is after the eventual rebellion that dethrones Garrosh rather that have him be killed and his head posted on a spike in org. He should flee with a contingent of loyal orcs and who ever else still supports him and he should go and build himself a spire or tower or dungeon and become the next raid target and basically the final boss in MoP. There can even be an story line of his life in this raid about growing up fearing making the same mistakes as his father and then having his confidence boosted by thrall only to go and actually make the same mistakes as his father that lead to him locking himself away still believing that he is the horde and making fruitless plans to retake his throne and punish the "traitors" as his delusional mind would see them when the band of adventurers comes and kicks his butt.

Or another option could be have the rebellion against Garrosh actually be the final raid of MoP. although I would like to see Garrosh fulfill his destiny and truly make the same mistakes as Grom and have him be tempted by a demons promise to give him power and become corrupted perhaps lead a new wave of the burning legion to Azeroth. All the while in his delusional mind hes doing whats best for the horde or to conquer in the name of the horde while in reality fighting against it.

Id love to read your criticisms of my idea and your own thoughts on how Garrosh's future will play out. and if anyone from blizzard whants to tell whats gonna happen that's cool too I cant wait to find out what happens next in the Warcraft universe.
It seems obvious to me that Garrosh's rein as Warchief is drawing to an end. The majority of the horde is now against him and its his own fault. But what I think should happen is after the eventual rebellion that dethrones Garrosh rather that have him be killed and his head posted on a spike in org. He should flee with a contingent of loyal orcs and who ever else still supports him and he should go and build himself a spire or tower or dungeon and become the next raid target and basically the final boss in MoP. There can even be an story line of his life in this raid about growing up fearing making the same mistakes as his father and then having his confidence boosted by thrall only to go and actually make the same mistakes as his father that lead to him locking himself away still believing that he is the horde and making fruitless plans to retake his throne and punish the "traitors" as his delusional mind would see them when the band of adventurers comes and kicks his butt.

The siege of Orgrimmar is where he will be dethroned, I can't see the Alliance allowing him to just run away or even the Horde rebels. He is already the end raid boss of MoP and he already has had a ton of development to lead up to him being the end boss.

Or another option could be have the rebellion against Garrosh actually be the final raid of MoP. although I would like to see Garrosh fulfill his destiny and truly make the same mistakes as Grom and have him be tempted by a demons promise to give him power and become corrupted perhaps lead a new wave of the burning legion to Azeroth. All the while in his delusional mind hes doing whats best for the horde or to conquer in the name of the horde while in reality fighting against it.

I would really rather not have the son do the exact same thing his father did that lead him to be depressed in Nagrand. From what we've seen of Garrosh though many call him a coward he without hesitation charges into battle taking heart to the Orcish warcry "Lok'tar Ogar" Victory or Death. I can't see Garrosh staying true to his character wanting to summon demons, I do see the Sha of Pride possibly pulling something similar to the Sha of Fear but much more subtle with Garrosh as the emperor talks to the PC in 5.3 about his own failure to conquer his pride.

Id love to read your criticisms of my idea and your own thoughts on how Garrosh's future will play out. and if anyone from blizzard whants to tell whats gonna happen that's cool too I cant wait to find out what happens next in the Warcraft universe.

I don't see Garrosh simply walking away from this final confrontation against all those he has riled up. Garrosh is fighting almost the entire world now from Pandaria, the Eastern Kingdoms and even outside his doorstep in Kalimdor everyone is up against him.
I agree that Garrosh would not willingly flee from battle he is brave but there are still those fanatically loyal to him and I think it may be more so that he is rescued over just runs away that's just what id like to see because Garrosh is an great antagonist and I just like the idea of him following in his fathers footsteps.
I'd personally like to see him stripped of everything he has, and then banished back to Nagrand to resume being pouty and emo around the campfire there. He becomes a pariah. Someone so insignificant and shunned that it would even be a wasted effort to kill. A nobody.
I've mentioned my theory a bit elsewhere, but...

What if Garrosh calls upon the Sha of Pride to possess him (he seems to have no problem with using Sha, unlike his stance towards demons, plus this would make him a being of immense power like Deathwing or the Lich King). The Sha, however, overwhelms him, and now we are fighting the body of a determined warrior with the mind of an Old God's creation. When he reaches low enough health, he is finally able to struggle back into control against the weakened Sha and, for the Horde his father helped establish, kills himself/allows himself to be killed. This would make an excellent father-son parallel of heroic self-sacrifice when it counts, strengthen the point the devs have been making about Garrosh not actually being EVIL, and perhaps even remove some of Jaina's newfound prejudices so she can be on speaking terms with the new Warchief, whomever that may be.
I don't know why people are calling for Garrosh's death in the raid. If he can't win, that's the next best thing that can happen to him -- dying gloriously in battle.

I'd rather see him denied that and reduced to nothing. For example, he's left severely brain damaged after he's defeated. If afterward I tried to talk to Garrosh's caretaker, who tells me that she can't chat right now because she needs to empty Garrosh's drool pan and change his diaper...I'd consider that a satisfying ending.
05/11/2013 01:13 AMPosted by Nishar
It seems obvious to me that Garrosh's rein as Warchief is drawing to an end. The majority of the horde is now against him and its his own fault.
WHAT?! where did you read this? next time put spoiler alert for broadcasting new iinformation.
05/11/2013 10:12 PMPosted by Demonwizard
It seems obvious to me that Garrosh's rein as Warchief is drawing to an end. The majority of the horde is now against him and its his own fault.
WHAT?! where did you read this? next time put spoiler alert for broadcasting new iinformation.

It's not new information if Blizzard has been spouting it out since Tides of War.
05/11/2013 10:49 PMPosted by Lorelaî

It's not new information if Blizzard has been spouting it out since Tides of War.

Sarcasm.

Sarcasm.

The art of sarcasm is lost on me over text unless it was really obvious.

He's only recently started posting again, and maybe he hasn't seen the PTR stuff. It could be all new to him.

Sarcasm.

The art of sarcasm is lost on me over text unless it was really obvious.

He's only recently started posting again, and maybe he hasn't seen the PTR stuff. It could be all new to him.

They've been saying garrosh would be the last boss of MoP since Cata.
If afterward I tried to talk to Garrosh's caretaker, who tells me that she can't chat right now because she needs to empty Garrosh's drool pan and change his diaper...I'd consider that a satisfying ending.

Wow, I can see your a real mature person.

In my opinion, if people want him to be kept alive, and subsequently tortured for the rest of his days, just for their own petty revenge it's just shameful.

In my opinion, if people want him to be kept alive, and subsequently tortured for the rest of his days, just for their own petty revenge it's just shameful.

"Petty revenge" is down playing the murder of thousands of innocent people. People instinctively want retribution- do not act like you're above it.

"Petty revenge" is down playing the murder of thousands of innocent people. People instinctively want retribution- do not act like you're above it.

It is petty revenge when Garrosh has actually done nothing to the players. Disliking him is fine. Hate is a bit over the top, especially for a video game character.

Who are these innocent people? Are you talking about the army of the Alliance at war with the orcs trying to wipe them out? Or maybe you were referring to the military base of Theramore that launched an attack on the Horde in 4 zones and Garrosh bombed after civilians had been evacuated?
I don't think your taking into account the amount of civilian life lost on his orders in say:

Gilneas
Hillsbrad
Arathi Highlands
Ashenvale

And, I think he even enslaved an entire populace of Pandaren on Pandaria.
i used to be on the horde, before mists of pandaria. but i must say garrosh is evil and should be killed by varian wrynn.
You can't really give it to one side or the other without displeasing someone.

To the Horde, he is their warchief. It is a horde problem, and should be solved by the horde. They want to see one of the horde heroes who promised to end him get to finish the job.

To the Alliance, who suffered terribly from Garrosh's antics and lost many lives in his attacks, it is only just that they get the retribution they are due by the blood of their people.

My preference is for something akin to one of the following:

-Varian, who's gone toe to toe with Garrosh a few times now, does so again. With the help of the players, he breaks him this time. Knowing it is over, and understanding the potential consequences of his actions, he walks away, denying Garrosh his warrior's death. As Garrosh howls at Varian over the slight, Vol'jin's shadow falls across the defeated warchief. He draws an arrow from his quiver....

-If not something like that, just let the players do it all, and never give a clear answer on what actually went down. If it is referenced in the future, go with "Garrosh was slain at the height of the chaos surrounding the siege of Orgrimmar."
Well, since Blizzard has said SoO is going to be the victory Alliance fans have been asking for*, not giving the kill to an Alliance person would be rather foolish. It would just be 5.3 all over again.

*Note: I do think it works as the Alliance victory, but that is what Blizzard has stated.
Or maybe you were referring to the military base of Theramore that launched an attack on the Horde in 4 zones and Garrosh bombed after civilians had been evacuated?

Garrosh was suprised, then furious, when he found that the civilians had been evacuated.