Proudmoore Pride 2013 -- Official Info

Proudmoore
Greetings to all of our brothers and sisters on Proudmoore from The Stonewall Family (Alliance) and The Spreading Taint (Horde)!

I'm happy to announce this year's 9th Annual Proudmoore Pride Parade and Dance Party Celebration will be taking place on Sunday, June 23rd, 2013.

The Proudmoore Pride Parade and Dance Party are produced and hosted by our two meta-guilds. Both The Stonewall Family and Taint take great pleasure in putting together what is considered to be one of the biggest in-game parties anywhere! Previous years' events have attracted a couple thousand toons from all over the realms and from around the world and we'd love to see even more this year!

The Proudmoore Pride Parade will kick off at 11:45am Server Time/Pacific Time on the Proudmoore (US - PvE) server. SEE BELOW FOR CHANGE IN LOCATION FOR PARADE AND DANCE PARTY!

The theme for the parade this year is Marriage Equality and parade participants are encouraged to wear appropriate in-game Wedding attire (White Wedding Dress, Tuxedo Jacket, Tuxedo Pants, etc.). We hope to present an incredible marriage procession through the the capital cities -- to celebrate the gains the LGBT community has achieved this past year, and to express our hope that everyone, everywhere, will some day be able to marry the person they love.

Eleven states within the United States now officially recognize gay and lesbian couples as 'married' and the US Supreme Court is expected to rule on both the Federal Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) and California's Prop 8 this June. In addition, Uruguay passed gay marriage laws this year along with France, which brings the count to 14 countries around the world that now provide full marriage equality to their gay and lesbian citizens.

If you've never been to Pride, and are curious what it's like, just visit http://www.proudmoorePride.com where we have quite a few videos and photos of previous years' events.

We are currently hard at work on event planning, with more details on the party and contests still to come!

To be 100% clear -- Proudmoore Pride is open to ALL players who'd like to join us to party, LGBT or not, even those off-realm are welcome to come roll a level 1 for the day. Both Alliance and Horde will again have temporary alt guilds set up to help you get assistance to get to the party, distribute info, and provide you access to contacts within our guilds who can help you out.

Just a reminder -- no PvP of any type will be tolerated during the event. Both Horde and Alliance will have fully-equipped security forces out in large numbers to ensure a peaceful and fun time for everyone.

Lots more info is still to come. We'll keep updates here and even more on the official Pride website located at http://www.proudmoorepride.com

We're looking forward to seeing everyone and dancing with you all at the party!

Daddylicious
Assistant GM, The Stonewall Family

--------------------------------------------
For non-event info on either guild - please visit our respective websites:
The Spreading Taint -- http://taint.rtgc.org
The Stonewall Family -- http://www.thestonewallfamily.com
05/13/2013 09:17 AMPosted by Paldadin
Sunday, June 23rd, 2013

Awwww, Sunday means it's Monday here in NZ so I'll be at work. :(

Have a great time without me anyway! ;)
I'm so glad to hear that Proudmoore Pride has a date now, I will be sure to be there.
Regarding CRZ, as per http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8874927680#5 - it appears that the Barrens *will not* be considered a CRZ zone at least near the start of 5.3. Booty Bay on the other hand ..

They can also turn it on and off at will too. Somebody should contact Blizzard asking if there can be a 6 hour window where BB isn't considered a CRZ - just while the party is happening.
Curious about this Horde PvP team.. who are these mystery people?
^ I laughed at this pretty hard
Hello everyone!

I wanted to make everyone aware of the fact that we've changed the parade routes for this year.

Horde will start in Orgrimmar, parade through the city, and portal to the Vale of Eternal Blossoms where they'll join with Alliance at Mogu'Shan Palace and party on the lake in front of the Palace. Alliance will start in Stormwind, parade through the city, and portal to the Vale of Eternal Blossoms where they'll join with the Horde at Mogu'Shan Palace and party on the lake.

The parade route was changed to take into consideration not only increased activity in the Barrens with the 5.3 patch, but also potential CRZ issues with the old parade routes and party location in Booty Bay.

For full details, check the maps here: http://proudmoorepride.com/participate.html

More info to come!!
I'll be there with bells on! Will miss the old parade route, and marching with horde/ally together, and crowding on the boat to BB, but the change looks like a wise decision.
If there's anything I or my guild can assist with, let me know. I know you guys probably have it covered, but if anything comes up, I'll be happy to do what I can to help.

(Also, let's get this back to the front page for better exposure!)
At least we wont have to worry about breaking the boat.

They can also turn it on and off at will too. Somebody should contact Blizzard asking if there can be a 6 hour window where BB isn't considered a CRZ - just while the party is happening.

According to Blizzard when CRZ was first announced, if there's enough people from a realm in a zone at one point, the server automatically disables CRZ for that server until the numbers dip low enough again.
Can you set this up as a OpenRaid or CRZ event for those of us not on Proudmoore?

I've swapped servers due to the raid scene on Proudmoore Horde side dying its slow death and it would be nice to be able to attend on my main.
I came here to ask the same question. I'd be happy to make a new character on Proudmoore if need be, but with the new cross-realm grouping feature I thought it would be cool to have my main be able to attend for once. (She's the one with the Wedding attire and Rainbow Generator).
I wish I had beauties ribbon now :[
lol sounds like fun
Only one more week, I'm so excited!!
06/15/2013 08:21 AMPosted by Nebliina
Only one more week, I'm so excited!!

Still disappointed it's Monday here in NZ (the 13th country in the world to legalize same sex marriage) when this is on which means I'll be at work. :(
Still disappointed it's Monday here in NZ (the 13th country in the world to legalize same sex marriage) when this is on which means I'll be at work. :(

Call in sick!!
I have no issues rolling up a new toon on Proudmoore either, but I'd be interested in any Open Raid/CRZ possibilities also so I could use all my flashiest fun toys to help celebrate!
So, can a significant portion of a raid group...say 15...invite a few people from off realm and bring them over to Proudmoore? As long as we stay in raid group together? CRZ itself won't apply, as we'll be in Stormwind, Orgrimmar and Pandaria.