Enhance 5.3

Shaman
I was looking at the patch notes for 5.3, and it seems like enhance is getting some pretty significant buffs. This combined with the added survivability of the lightning shield glyph. It's making me seriously consider dusting off my old shaman. Any thoughts? Will enhance be quite a bit more feasible in both PvE and PvP come 5.3?
FOTM......nice.
^
Still not sure if they will survive that much more in pvp, only time will tell. I benched my shaman until 5.3 to check out the changes also. Still love my shammy very much but he's just a potato sack in pvp.
Will enhance be quite a bit more feasible in both PvE and PvP come 5.3?

Already one of the better melee specs in pve so this + the unholy nerfs will put us next to the top.
ret is better
It's better to play a class you enjoy than a class that's getting buffs. Even the lowest rated class/specs can be made pretty good in the right hands.

As for the buffs sa-weet. :)
So...

As I understand it, for the first time since Classic, enhancement is about to become a FotM spec?

I know I shouldn't, but I feel giddy. :P
I cant imagine why it wouldnt be viable, 10% less damage isnt gamebreaking but is quite amazing in the long run. Couple that with being able to put nukkas on the defensive much quicker via more damage, and you can expect results. I mean seriously, how hard will stormstrike hit with a 75% damage buff. And lava lash hitting for 50% more. Nothing but good things for the future of enh shamans in 5.3.
Sure these buffs are nice to Single Target. The problem is, I dont think I have seen a single Enhance Shammy complain about Single Target DPS recently. Our issues are with our lengthy ramp up time of our AoE and lack of a proper cleave in a tier where these fights are extremely prevalent.

IIRC Purge put the buffs at around a ~10% buff to single target over on Totemspot which will put us on the upper end of middle of the pack. Looking at raidbots we are one of the worst OVERALL melee specs (Arms, Combat and Subt have us beaten but their other specs destroy us) and we are very low overall so this just puts us inline with other classes. Dont get excited and think we are the new Assassination Rogue or Lock.

PVP, well survivability is our issue. 10% damage reduction is nothing for a class that can be killed in a silence. Pair that with our ridiculous CC and we are still the glass cannon spec we are at the moment.

The buffs look fantastic on paper but a lot of people are seriously overestimating them. We will be back up to par. Nothing overly special.
I'm gonna lol so good when people re-roll thinking enhancement is gonna be OP. Then they play it and get dropped in pvp in 1 silence/stun and gonna be like "WTF". lol enjoy, this is one of the biggest Trolls Blizzard has ever put out. The Impression that Enhancement will be viable, lol nice troll blizz you guys still have a great sense of humor.

Buffing Enhancement damage further and a slight buff via glyph for survival. HA, i hope to see many 90 shamans when 5.3 comes out, and I know they are gonna be like "Why does enhancement suck in pvp?" lol
I don't pvp on my shaman because I know these buffs will hardly effect pvp but pve I can see myself doing better, just wish shamans had better aoe.
Sure these buffs are nice to Single Target. The problem is, I dont think I have seen a single Enhance Shammy complain about Single Target DPS recently. Our issues are with our lengthy ramp up time of our AoE and lack of a proper cleave in a tier where these fights are extremely prevalent.

IIRC Purge put the buffs at around a ~10% buff to single target over on Totemspot which will put us on the upper end of middle of the pack. Looking at raidbots we are one of the worst OVERALL melee specs (Arms, Combat and Subt have us beaten but their other specs destroy us) and we are very low overall so this just puts us inline with other classes. Dont get excited and think we are the new Assassination Rogue or Lock.

PVP, well survivability is our issue. 10% damage reduction is nothing for a class that can be killed in a silence. Pair that with our ridiculous CC and we are still the glass cannon spec we are at the moment.

The buffs look fantastic on paper but a lot of people are seriously overestimating them. We will be back up to par. Nothing overly special.

Sorry man, you are doing it wrong. From the enh shams Ive fought in arena and in duels, the good ones never die in a silence, In fact my hunter cant beat good enh shamans. I get that they have low survivability but LoS is your friend. Glass cannons are incredibly effective when played right, rets have it worse tho, they have little to no survivability, we have wolves, maelstrom procs with no ICD, ect... I think the damage will be great, but survivability will only increase by 10%, still, nothing but buffs, be grateful.
I'm gonna lol so good when people re-roll thinking enhancement is gonna be OP. Then they play it and get dropped in pvp in 1 silence/stun and gonna be like "WTF". lol enjoy, this is one of the biggest Trolls Blizzard has ever put out. The Impression that Enhancement will be viable, lol nice troll blizz you guys still have a great sense of humor.

Buffing Enhancement damage further and a slight buff via glyph for survival. HA, i hope to see many 90 shamans when 5.3 comes out, and I know they are gonna be like "Why does enhancement suck in pvp?" lol

As I mentioned above, good enh shamans dont die in a stun or silence. Now I know alot of people think they are good, but they arent. Ive fought many good enh shamans and while yes they are squishy, they LoS and heal when needed. Against my hunter when my rogue partner and I fought enh teams we went for him first, he would LoS until CC was up on his partner while dpsing rogue and pillar humping, then pop ascendance and come out for me. We won about 50% of our matches against enh shaman double dps teams. Who ever made the first mistake lost. One match it was a ret + enh shaman and we opened on the shaman, dropped him to 50% and he was bubbled by the ret, he also used LoS so i couldnt dispell and just healed, then turned on the rogue while I was being smacked on by the ret since he bubbled my CC. Enh shaman popped ascendance came out of LoS for 1 stormstrike and it dropped me to 50%, then turned back to LoSing and dpsing the rogue, rogue dropped to 10% in seconds and vanished so he turned back to me, and ret had wings up, it was gg.

Its all about playing well.
As I mentioned above, good enh shamans dont die in a stun or silence

what are you talking about? If you are stun/silenced you can't do anything, and how can you even make this statement considering the burst that rogues are capable of. If you are saying you need peels as a enhancement shaman you are right but making this statement is just foolish
Lava Lash is weak.

Every class has one ability that hits for alot...Lava Lash is supposed to be ours but it doesn't.

My frost mage's Frost Bomb hits for like 300,000+ damage. My shaman's Laval Lash only like 150,000 at max. Frost Bombs has like a 5-6 second cooldown and Laval Lash has a 10 second cooldown. That's a problem.

Another issue is Windfury. Back in BC it was dangerous now you barely even notice it hitting it's so weak.
So youre anecdotal evidence about duels and 2v2 arena is an indication that Enhance (and Shamans in general) arent a MASSIVE defensive nightmare in PVP.

Let me alert the presses and maybe people might actually bring a non resto shaman to a group then.
Enhance won't change much imo. Good burst every 3m but you can still be locked down during it and ignored once your cds are over. You also have to play with something that can stun (unless you are good with cap totem) because getting stormblast parried/dodged is a nightmare.

I'm ok with ascendance being hard to use because it is so powerful for both specs but I went ele because enhance just cant put out pressure without cds and it doesn't have the utility of other melee specs. As much as I hate death grip I think enhance should probably get it because dks shouldn't be the only melee to bring such a critical rbg ability and enhance needs something extra to make it more appealing to bring to arenas/rbgs.
05/11/2013 02:28 PMPosted by Nuckles
As I mentioned above, good enh shamans dont die in a stun or silence

what are you talking about? If you are stun/silenced you can't do anything, and how can you even make this statement considering the burst that rogues are capable of. If you are saying you need peels as a enhancement shaman you are right but making this statement is just foolish

How so? I play with good enhance shamans who dont die to a rogue that fast, yes I know rogues can burst you down but if you have defensive cds and trink, a stun/silence isnt a problem. I make this statement because Ive seen and played with skilled enh shamans and Ive also dueled many who also duel rogues outside org, they dont die in a single stun or silence. They might lose if they mess up and its after they used all their cds, but thats how any class is vs rogues. They make you blow your cds and then try to burst you with theirs. I use the same tactic on hunter, hide in cammo and let pet and stampede tickle them and when they use a cd or 2 I open with aimed/PS/Chimera and drop them to 100k hp.