Casual players take a Stand

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 7 Next
If anything needs to be worked on from a casual standpoint, it is in fact casual PvP.
Frist lets define the casual player

As it stands, the term "casual player" really has no true definition. The term is only relative to the one using it,
"@Op: Stop giving us Casuals a bad rep. It's hard enough for us to get respect in the first place. You aren't doing us any good."
Seven guilds? hmmmm either you are part of the problem or you are picking the wrong guilds that is a shame. However even though I belong to a wonderful guild on one server I have no desire to join a guild on one of my other servers and I am sick of being whispered for guild solicitation. Isn't that a type of spamming? I would personally rather that people who consider themselves to be lone wolves keep to themselves rather than being nasty with others, there is nothing wrong with not being a people person.
you seriously are part of the problem blizz is having they try to cater to everyone instead of focusing on making a good game.
I'm a casual player. I play while wearing t-shirts and shorts.

/golfclap
Frist lets define the casual player

See that is the problem you can't.

There is no definition to the casual player that will actually fit each and every casual player.

being casual has nothing to do with time you play, or what you do while you play, or anything. being a casual is simply the state of not being a hardcore.

In other words Casual = ~Hardcore

So basically yes if you are not a hardcore player you are a casual.

No pants or you're trying too hard.
05/11/2013 12:56 PMPosted by Draugjin

No pants or you're trying too hard.

/lol
OP is a one man wolf pack.
Frist lets define the casual player: One who is not on much and also included in this definition is the player who does not want to be in a guild. Also, the causal player is one who is a lone wolf, does not play well with others type and generally hates someone else telling them what to do in most cases.

Oh I see what you did there.

You created your own definition of the term to suit you.

This.

Also, as someone who is considered casual, you do not speak for me.

Shut up and go away.
I consider myself a casual, as I don't play everyday, only do LFR and LFD for PVE, etc.

OP you're not a casual, you're part of the problem.

You're an anti-social weirdo that complaints about having to group in a MMORPG. Go play a solo RPG on a console.

I'm sick of your type, always pretending to represent the "casual players". You don't.

What are casuals, IMO? People that enjoy the game, set their own goals, without competing for cutting-edge PVE or PVP.
A casual WoW player is someone who plays the came casually.. They do not invest a ton of time into raiding seriously or trying to progress the fastest and so on.. Usually they have there own sort of solo goals but in no means can you say all casual players are "anti social" which is 90% of your definition of a casual player.

Casual players are probably more social than hardcore serious players because they have more time to just chat because they aren't focused on progressing as much and they are in the game for a different type of fun than just simply progressing through Raids..

Just my opinion and honestly I think with the current gear gotten from valor being ilvl 522 that Blizzard has catered to casual players(I consider myself a casual player even) plenty.. If they give people much more then they take all incentive away from the competitive players/guilds that do still play..
05/11/2013 12:17 PMPosted by Voldamarta
Also, the causal player is one who is a lone wolf, does not play well with others type and generally hates someone else telling them what to do in most cases.

Perhaps this player was not wise in selecting an MMO to play? Since... you know... it involves playing with others?
A casual WoW player is someone who plays the came casually.. They do not invest a ton of time into raiding seriously or trying to progress the fastest and so on.. Usually they have there own sort of solo goals but in no means can you say all casual players are "anti social" which is 90% of your definition of a casual player.

Casual players are probably more social than hardcore serious players because they have more time to just chat because they aren't focused on progressing as much and they are in the game for a different type of fun than just simply progressing through Raids..

Just my opinion and honestly I think with the current gear gotten from valor being ilvl 522 that Blizzard has catered to casual players(I consider myself a casual player even) plenty.. If they give people much more then they take all incentive away from the competitive players/guilds that do still play..

What if a person is a hardcore pet battler? spends hours each day leveling their pets to max level and collecting every pet there is? Doesn't that make them hard core, even if they don't care about raiding?

I mean where is it written that in order to be hardcore you have to Raid? I mean can't people who only care about PvP be hardcore if they spend hours a day doing nothing but PvP and getting to be the best PvPer they can be?
I consider myself a casual, as I don't play everyday, only do LFR and LFD for PVE, etc.

OP you're not a casual, you're part of the problem.

You're an anti-social weirdo that complaints about having to group in a MMORPG. Go play a solo RPG on a console.

I'm sick of your type, always pretending to represent the "casual players". You don't.

What are casuals, IMO? People that enjoy the game, set their own goals, without competing for cutting-edge PVE or PVP.

"I would like to add to that, people who play for fun, and don't mind taking their time occasionally to actually enjoy the little things in the game. Like Easter Eggs, Splendid Views, Strange areas and critters. And Quests we wouldn't normally see, if we had stayed on the well worn path."
you are not really a "casual" player, you are just antisocial

Agreed. I think that I'm casual but I enjoy the social aspect of the game the most.
you can't be casual and have 10K achievements. you are hard core.

10k achievements is nothing now.