Casual players take a Stand

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next
"Hi Sis!"
/waves
Hello there!
To me a casual is someone who doesn't have a lot of time to play wow. They might have a job, a career, family, friends and children. They have a social life in that they cant spend countless hours all day playing wow, they play wow maybe 1 or 2 hours a day and that's it.

I think hardcore players are players who spend more then 6 hours a day on wow.

As for skill wise, you don't need skill to be hardcore, just a lot of time on your hands, or no job or family commitment.

That's my opinion on the labels and terms hardcore and casual. Casual people tend to social real life obligations while hardcore players tend to have too much free time on their hands.
The definitions are pointless. They are opinions.

And the problem with saying they don't compete is many casual compete for pve and pvp including cutting edge. People do understand "hardcore" cutting-edge raiders raid for hours on end until the content is downed then go to a very relaxed 2-3 days of raiding a week schedule and some even less. The image of hardcores of old has been gone for quite a while now.

The line between hardcore and casual is overly blurred. That's why you can't define either really well. Plus both are more states of mind that physical states of being.
you are not really a "casual" player, you are just antisocial

My thoughts exactly.
Where did you pick up this sense of entitlement?

Same place all the others did, I imagine.

No idea where that is, though.
05/11/2013 03:48 PMPosted by Spärtäcus
Where did you pick up this sense of entitlement?

Same place all the others did, I imagine.

No idea where that is, though.

The real world...school, family, friends. government, etc. It's taught now.
Frist lets define the casual player: One who is not on much and also included in this definition is the player who does not want to be in a guild. Also, the causal player is one who is a lone wolf, does not play well with others type and generally hates someone else telling them what to do in most cases.

Oh I see what you did there.

You created your own definition of the term to suit you.

This.

Also, as someone who is considered casual, you do not speak for me.

Shut up and go away.

"Casual is what casual does."

~ Forrest Gump
Daheck I just read?
Man glad i gave people of all types something to talk about good and bad.

I believe there is room for ALL types of players. Yes! i am hardcore at heart but would rather not deal with Guilds and all their Drama and politics to get end game gear. I believe that Blizz could and should have opportunities for all types of players. We all love this game or would not be here paying are monthly fee. Remember it takes all types to make the world go around if not we would all be one color.

I would hazard a guess that some of you have had great guild experiences are the ones who are Oh! i need my guild yeah because otherwise you would not have the end game gear or the chance to get it.

As to being antisocial I am not antisocial. I am anti idiot. Remember Cata and all the dungeons when it first came out how many times did you wipe do to idiots. Hey you have a good/great guild nice for you but i think there are more people than want to admit it that most guilds are bad with a Capital B and if they could would rather not be in one.

So because i choose not to be an idiot guild does that mean that i do not deserve to have the same chance to get end game gear? I say neh! I say its time for blizz to make Raid finder gear same as other gear not lower.

i say its time for blizz to come up with the ability for lone wolfs and those who are on sucking realms to be able to get the best gear. How?

1 Solo scenarios that offer the chance to get 522 gear
2 dungeons both normal and heroic where i can buy the npc's to run with me to obtain the gear therefore eliminating my reliance on others.
3 End Game Quest long ones, many steps, delays in time to complete but that in the end offer end game gear
4 pvp award conquest for wins/losses in all pvp events and get rid of the cap of 1800 unless you run a rated bg stupid

See i do not just complain i come up with solutions just did not have time to list them sooner plus i want to see what others had to say. I will say very interesting responses. I give credit to those who actually have something useful to say. For those who just bash i say think a little more before you respond or better yet do not say anything at all save that brain cell you may need it latter.

till next time posters good conversation
I'm a casual player. I play while wearing t-shirts and shorts.

As long as you aren't wearing sandals with socks underneath. We have to have some standards.
Blizz this message is for you. I would love to get an actual blue response to this but i am not holding my breath. I have been thinking about this for a while now, How many casual players are there on WoW and it seems were around 80-90% of total players.

Frist lets define the casual player: One who is not on much and also included in this definition is the player who does not want to be in a guild. Also, the causal player is one who is a lone wolf, does not play well with others type and generally hates someone else telling them what to do in most cases.

Secondly Blizz has done better at getting gear for this type of person but lets face it your still off base way off. I pay my $15 a month just like everyone else why do I have to be in Guild to get the best gear in the game. That forces me to do something I do not want to do, is that fair to me. i say NO!

Regarding PVE gear I should be able to do raid finder which is working with others in a group yes but that is the only way to get good pve gear. But lets face it working with strangers is sometimes easier than working with a guild. Therefore that gear should be the same item level as if i was in a guild, there should be no difference. We wipe same as a guild.
So Other than end game gear a casual with work can get pretty good gear. So I say blizz take the next logical step and make raid finder the same item level gear as if it were guild runs. also you need heroic Raid finder and yes item level same.

Regarding PVP gear blizz you need to fix conquest capping it sucks. First I hate Arenas! I do not do them if i can avoid them. Again the casual player or I hate guilds should be able to get conquest capped without having to do over 200 randoms in a week to accomplish this.
Here is my solution Blizz awards conqueset whether you win or lose Arena, Random or Rated BG. I say 200 points if you win and 50 for losing. Also if my weekly cap is 2200 lets make it so i do not have to do a darn rated with others to get capped. Because of this caveat you owe me 400 points a week times since last patch release. You suck!

My reason for not joining guilds are simple every guild I have been in are riddled with politics and drama. Every guild i have been in has imploded do to this crap. So after having been in 7 guilds and even going so far as transferring All my characters 10 on one account and 3 on another account to a new server for yet more failure. I have sworn off guilds forever.
So why do I have to be in a guild or wait for over 2 hours in trade trying to get a freaking Rated BG together. It's not fair to me the casual player!

In conclusion I do not want to be in a guild. I should not be forced to be in a guild or waste up to 2 hours of my valuable time to run with others to get capped or best gear. Solution, very simple, I should get rewarded for losing all pvp content and Raid finder needs to be upgraded so that all have same opportunity to get the best end game gear.

Now for some of you running in a guild is no problem and that is fine but for those of us who do not have the time or the luck of finding a great guild I SHOULD NOT BE PUNISHED!

I'm casual don't put me in your category, i have a guild, i have friends, don't need best gear to have fun. Just because you pay $15 a month, doesn't mean other don't, you want better gear go work for it, the whole normal raid is faceroll.

Can't get a guild or friends, go work on your attitude.
There are no such things as "Causals". They are merely boogiemen that you've conjured to justify your own actions because you, on some level, find what you do repulsive.
Blizz this message is for you. I would love to get an actual blue response to this but i am not holding my breath. I have been thinking about this for a while now, How many casual players are there on WoW and it seems were around 80-90% of total players.

Secondly Blizz has done better at getting gear for this type of person but lets face it your still off base way off. I pay my $15 a month just like everyone else why do I have to be in Guild to get the best gear in the game. That forces me to do something I do not want to do, is that fair to me. i say NO!

Regarding PVE gear I should be able to do raid finder which is working with others in a group yes but that is the only way to get good pve gear. But lets face it working with strangers is sometimes easier than working with a guild. Therefore that gear should be the same item level as if i was in a guild, there should be no difference. We wipe same as a guild.
So Other than end game gear a casual with work can get pretty good gear. So I say blizz take the next logical step and make raid finder the same item level gear as if it were guild runs. also you need heroic Raid finder and yes item level same.

Regarding PVP gear blizz you need to fix conquest capping it sucks. First I hate Arenas! I do not do them if i can avoid them. Again the casual player or I hate guilds should be able to get conquest capped without having to do over 200 randoms in a week to accomplish this.
Here is my solution Blizz awards conqueset whether you win or lose Arena, Random or Rated BG. I say 200 points if you win and 50 for losing. Also if my weekly cap is 2200 lets make it so i do not have to do a darn rated with others to get capped. Because of this caveat you owe me 400 points a week times since last patch release. You suck!

My reason for not joining guilds are simple every guild I have been in are riddled with politics and drama. Every guild i have been in has imploded do to this crap. So after having been in 7 guilds and even going so far as transferring All my characters 10 on one account and 3 on another account to a new server for yet more failure. I have sworn off guilds forever.
So why do I have to be in a guild or wait for over 2 hours in trade trying to get a freaking Rated BG together. It's not fair to me the casual player!

In conclusion I do not want to be in a guild. I should not be forced to be in a guild or waste up to 2 hours of my valuable time to run with others to get capped or best gear. Solution, very simple, I should get rewarded for losing all pvp content and Raid finder needs to be upgraded so that all have same opportunity to get the best end game gear.

Now for some of you running in a guild is no problem and that is fine but for those of us who do not have the time or the luck of finding a great guild I SHOULD NOT BE PUNISHED!

1 Solo scenarios that offer the chance to get 522 gear2 dungeons both normal and heroic where i can buy the npc's to run with me to obtain the gear therefore eliminating my reliance on others.3 End Game Quest long ones, many steps, delays in time to complete but that in the end offer end game gear4 pvp award conquest for wins/losses in all pvp events and get rid of the cap of 1800 unless you run a rated bg

The toons I'm playing currently on one of my servers are in a guild but just to chat, I agree with you on almost every point. You have good sense.
I'm not a casual player, I wear a suit and tie at my computer!
Here is why I'm a casual player.. I'm a single mother with a life and real life obligations. I rarely can play in game. Guess what? I'm okay with the fact that I can't get all the same perks as hardcore players, if ever there is a time that I can have extra time on my hands (which probably wont happen lol) than cool. I do love to play though!

The fact is, is that I don't really care to get every single perk and achieve that this game has. I am rewarded for what for what I CAN do. This game is something I enjoy as a hobby. I can't even do LFR/LFD much because a lot of the time I have to go afk to take care of my business with my kids like if they try to beat each other up etc. So people would /rage at me for going afk too much. I run a guild, but our guild has an understanding that we are not going to hold threats of guild kicks for non-participation to their heads. Our attitude is like "Oh hey look whose on! Hey anyone up for *raid/dungeon/questing*? if they say "NO" then who cares? Let them do their thing. Yes there is drawbacks to a casual guild, not everyone is actively logging into game, and sadly not a lot of socializing goes on, but their lifestyle would be a lot like yours, and when they are in game, at least you have people who understand.

Look for a guild with a similar attitude they are out there. The fact that you are casual is going to get you casual results, at least that is how it should be. But just because you can't dedicate countless hours to this game does not make a you 'lame' or a 'baddie'. Just take what you are given! Otherwise, quit your job, quit your other activities, stop having a social life, and doing other things you enjoy, and direct all your energy and time to THIS game. We know that is not logical though...

You are not being punished for being casual.. you are simply getting what you have time to earn. Simple.
Casual players can suck my ****z, also they ruined this game so QQ.
"Frist lets define the casual player: One who is not on much and also included in this definition is the player who does not want to be in a guild. Also, the causal player is one who is a lone wolf, does not play well with others type and generally hates someone else telling them what to do in most cases."

head exploding.gif
And people wanted Vanilla servers back! Ahahaha!
I agree with you 100% raylah I to am a casual player I work I drive 600 miles a day and play when I can an am not worried about end game gear would like to have it but I understand it requires a lot of work to receive it.
And I am in a guild that wont kick you unless you have not been on for months but I still enjoy wow and I did play and have been playing sense the stress test before release of wow. Oh well ill never see the best gear on me but I am not going to let people who complain about me being a casual player stop me from playing just got to take haters with a grain of salt......