Gems

Warrior
Post Limit:
I see people use all stam gems sometimes, but then i see people use all mastery gems sometimes. So my question in this thread is, What is better? I currently use mostly all stam gems, If anyone could assist me with this question of mine, i would love you forever <3 <3
IIRC stam with a mix of mastery if you're doing 25s and mastery if you're doing 10s. Nothing hits hard enough in 10 mans to outright kill you in 1 hit.
Yeah i currently do 10man raids. So sticking with what i got currently is a good idea?
You pretty much just want to do what gives you the most mastery, no point in hitting those 60 strength bonuses when you could get a 320 mastery gem in there to help smooth out incoming damage. Parry just isn't that great of a stat anymore, so dropping those gems in favor of mastery might help as well.

This is all coming just from what I've seen around the warrior forums though as I don't tank much anymore though, so it might not be completely accurate.
gem mastery
Just gem pure mastery?
the way i hear it is that mastery is good for fights where you use shield block, stam is good for fights where you're hit with a lot of magic damage

but i like having a big health pool

so yeah

#yoloswagtyrannosaurusrexridinasharkwithfrickinlaserbeams

Just gem pure mastery?

yes

unless of course a socket bonus is worth it
What kind of socket bonus would make it worth it?
id say stamina, maybe parry, but i have limited experience with the optimization of a prot warrior. i was kind of just making a general statement.
Pretty much any socket bonus except parry or dodge

dodge you'll 100% always ignore, parry you can get if you only have to sacrifice 1 hybrid gem for it
Nothing hits hard enough in 10 mans to outright kill you in 1 hit.

If you're progressing against bosses you have at least equivalent gear for, sure. Heroic progression isn't so friendly to that. It's less so for new prot warriors. Tortos, Durumu and Ji-Kun on heroic all hit plenty hard enough for that. Bats as well require a huge stam buffer.
Daunt, do you agree with the whole going mostly mastery gems. but making sure i get the gem bonus if its worth?
Daunt, do you agree with the whole going mostly mastery gems. but making sure i get the gem bonus if its worth?

Yeah, that's dead-on. Kangarooster, Clutch and Lowmaine are the guys to check out for more info, they have the experience.
any news with the new Gems;; not the 5.3 they say new one's are on ther way?
You don't need gems.
Remember we're warriors don't need those shiny things like those crossdresser class.
My Transmog, don't try to steal it. You can't even pull it off right, you're NE. You have to be Undead to pull off the Scourgelord look.
I personally go straight mastery and only hybrid gems if the socket bonus is worth it and my dmg taken is not in spikes but a lot smoother. I also saw your not hit/exp capped, I went hit soft cap (7.5%) and exp hard cap (15%) and my rage is no issue to get up either a shield block or shield barrier. As your mastery gets higher and on aoe pulls/boss fights where the boss is hitting you faster usually shield block pays for itself in rage and then some.