Crows are so annoying

Pet Battles
Every pet battle now includes at least one, and usually two crows/ravens with call darkness and noctournal strike. Dragons can't survive it. Beasts can't survive it. What can?
elements isn't affected by darkness so nocturnal strike have a high chance to miss.
You can also try changing the weather back on them, sandstorm perhaps - it effects Alpha Strike twice even.
Magic type pets can only be hit for 40% of their hp (35% next patch I think) and magic attacks do more damage to flying.
Magic pets eat them up. I use a raven in my darkness team, and it is strong...but very squeeshy. Here are some counters I developed for these birds... very effective:

Good counter is a scourged whelping, and the nether ray (also has tail swipe). You can beat them easily with onyxia spawn... just cast heal when they cast darkness (they'll hit you hard, but you'll heal almost all of it back instantly), next turn they are a free kill (they do weak attacks, and you'll finish them in 2 turns).
Magic type pets can only be hit for 40% of their hp (35% next patch I think) and magic attacks do more damage to flying.

Magic pets eat them up.

In my meta raven users almost always start of with that pet, so I always start off with my magic type when I see a raven on the other team.