Fury Warrior Crit % for PvP?

Warrior
Post Limit:
Hi. Just wondering what is the optimal amount of crit for PvP. As of right now I am gemmed for mostly crit and have 23.5%.
If you're fury, the more the better. Can't get enough crit until you've capped your BT at 100%.
If you're fury, the more the better. Can't get enough crit until you've capped your BT at 100%.

And even then, more crit is better.

I'm assuming you're prepping for 5.3, because gemming crit now will only get you dead really fast.
I'm doing pretty good atm with crit/some pvp power gemmed, havent died very much more than usual so far
are you playing random bgs? cause thats why
2's and 3's as well. Probably not being focused as much or something for some reason.

Also, on a side note, do any of you think it would be a good idea to use green crit/stam gems come 5.3? (wait, do those even exist?)
I'm assuming you're prepping for 5.3, because gemming crit now will only get you dead really fast.

are you playing random bgs? cause thats why

Or, you could recognize that he's doing it right and that the extra 5.68% crit that his gems alone give him grants a much larger bonus to fury's damage and random chance to pull huge burst out of thin air than the gain from 4% or so more resilience would offer.

green crit/stam gems come 5.3

They do, but they likely won't be better. Either 160 crit/80 power(or 120 power, whatever they're reducing it to) will still be best, or 160 crit/160 hit will become better for blue sockets.
Edited:I overestimated the resil he'd gain by dropping all his crit gems.
Hi Daunt

I don't know if gemming for crit was the best idea, but as arms I gemmed for PvP power and it worked out okay. It could just be at my rating that it doesn't matter as much as well.
Hi Daunt

I don't know if gemming for crit was the best idea, but as arms I gemmed for PvP power and it worked out okay. It could just be at my rating that it doesn't matter as much as well.

Yeah, fury just benefits so much more from crit, whereas pvp power is a linear stat.
The upside to more crit (aside from the obvious more damage) is it makes sitting in def stance easier because you'll get more Bt->RB procs.

Straight up right now however, I would almost guarantee that in a 1v1 situation, the war stacking res would beat the war stacking crit.
But with the nerf to res gems I'm not so sure about that in a week or two from now.
Not to mention if you aren't the focus target, then res does nothing for you whatsoever, whereas crit will whether you are the focus or not.

I did do some bgs last night after re gemming entirely for res, skipping socket bonuses and everything and equipped my Malv weap in the off hand which gave me a total of about 69%+ res and man could I take a beating! The first BG I went into with that setup I went 17-1 so I guess it didn't affect my damage too much either.
In 5.3 crit will probably be the best stat for arms and fury. In 5.2 its resil all the way. If you're just doing BGs and low rated arenas then it doesn't matter what you gem. Until you get over 1500, just gem what you have the most fun with.
Hey Rebecca, may I ask how you upgraded your raid finder Shin'ka? I myself got lucky recently on my first ever Sha of Fear and got one.
Hey Rebecca, may I ask how you upgraded your raid finder Shin'ka? I myself got lucky recently on my first ever Sha of Fear and got one.

I got mine in 5.1 and made sure to upgrade it before 5.2.

You will be able to upgrade yours on Tuesday around 10:30 between the arcane reforger and transmog guy. 450 valor per upgrade I believe:)
Cool, thanks.

:D
500, actually, but difference is minimal. As near as I can tell, with arenas and BGs scaling down weapon ilvl, but scaling effects having no bearing on gems at all, shin'ka is the best weapon to pair with a tyrannical one for fury pvp, though a normal one will still edge out a double upgraded LFR one(and in this instance, normal and heroic will be exactly the same).