Cross realm Rare pet farming

Hunter
this is just getting to the point of stupidity. Go to a spot, wait 6 hours, then 10 other hunters show. If you get the tag and start taming people just kill it in spite. Or people have there all there guildies go play on horded side, and kill people off till they leave and don't touch there friend, or if you manage to kill them over and over, they just kill the rare spawn before you can tame. This is really just a bunch of BS blizz, almost impossible to get some pets now because of the cross realm stuff, you should be able to phase out of it if you want to so you don't have to wait around for something then just have it robbed from you because someone else came to see what if it spawned and kills it out of spite.
You'll have better luck getting some addons and just flying over rares than you will camping. I got two in one day with this method. Get npc scan overlay(not npc scan) and Silverdragon. Profit.
Leveled this hunter after CRZ was released. You aren't trying hard enough.
Really? Because I have all the rare spawns I want and I barely tried, and never ever had a spite kill steal on any tame. Go ahead. Click my profile link and you can actually see my stable. If yours isn't this good, then what I said was true. You aren't trying had enough. Don't believe me? Check out my other hunter stables, too.
Hi, I'm Delaredia's first hunter. I have pets and I didn't try at all.
Hi, I'm Delaredia's current horde alt. I did try a bit harder than Delmonico, not quite as hard as Del but our stables are nearly identical and full of rares.
looks like this baby is just about !@#$ting his pants, did you get upset? time for bed, or are you hungry!
Yeah. I'm the upset one in this thread, lol. You aren't trying hard enough for pets or the forums.
Hey, lets try talking about the whole rare mobs instead of rare pets. These cross realm thing made hunting rare mobs even more difficult or not stressful. I was fly pathing from sholazar basin to grizzly hills and while I was waiting to get there, fumblub from borean shows up, then tukemuth from dragonblight shows up, and then grocklar from grizzly hills shows up. I went back and saw nothing. No corpse, no nothing. From then and now I didn't care about rare mobs anymore. It feels like before cross realms, the chance of hunting rare mobs is about 25-75% if successful. Now with that cross realm thing, the chance of hunting rare mobs is about 0.9-15% and yea it's that low because of the cross realm thing. So its better for the rare mobs to not let it get in the way, or get in the way if the cross realm don't make the rare mobs go through another realm. All these answers above are unprofessional.
Luckily i got every pet (besides a few 5.1 ones) before CRZ and i would dread going back and camping them now... no way jose.
05/31/2013 06:05 PMPosted by Deathermine
I was fly pathing from sholazar basin to grizzly hills and while I was waiting to get there, fumblub from borean shows up, then tukemuth from dragonblight shows up, and then grocklar from grizzly hills shows up. I went back and saw nothing.

That's because while on a flight path, you are still on the host realm (without CRZ).
Try it. If you take the FP from, say, Orgrimmar, and fly past the Minfernal spawn site, you'll see a bunch of them, but the moment you land and phase into CRZ, they'll be gone.

They upped the spawn rate of rares in Northrend, so now the chances of getting rares will be like your'e on a medium-moderately high population realm.

Also, while looking for this unborn valkyr, I have run into more rares than I can count (including TLPD twice, which I have)