Darn It, Please Fix Abilities That Are Not

Pet Battles
What good does it do to have an ability that will cause you damage if you use it? This isn't demolision derby. There are two things I would like to seen changed in Pet Battles, abilities with a "high" chance of missing..(meaning almost every time) and abilities that will cause your pets damage if they use them. I don't mean abilities that will slow you down I mean the ones that will cause actual damage, what good is that to anyone?
Because those abilities do a high amount of dmg compared to normal attacks. There needs to be some drawback, or choice made, when using said ability.
Xista I agree, having some drawback is fine but abilities that miss almost every time are quite frustrating. I think maybe they could reduce a bit. A moderate chance of missing instead of high. I don't want my pets nerfed, a challenge is fine but this needs to be changed at least by a small percentage. IMO anyway.
but abilities that miss almost every time are quite frustrating

Seeing they don't make abilities like that you should be fine.
Xista I agree, having some drawback is fine but abilities that miss almost every time are quite frustrating. I think maybe they could reduce a bit. A moderate chance of missing instead of high. I don't want my pets nerfed, a challenge is fine but this needs to be changed at least by a small percentage. IMO anyway.

Such as?
05/14/2013 04:33 PMPosted by Hearus
but abilities that miss almost every time are quite frustrating

Seeing they don't make abilities like that you should be fine.

Ever see a pet with Haymaker? Misses almost every time, and if you miss, you get stunned.

Edit: I would not mind the super high chance to miss if it did not also stun my own pet.
The abilities w/ a High chance to miss have a 50% hit ratio, iirc.

"Almost every time" seems like it would be more than a 50/50 chance to miss.
Ever see a pet with Haymaker? Misses almost every time, and if you miss, you get stunned.

While an odd ability, there's synergy w/ arcane winds.. Potential for huge damage output.

Edit: I would not mind the super high chance to miss if it did not also stun my own pet.

This ability is balanced. You can pretty much 2 shot pet's with this ability; it hits really hard. That's the reason it has a high chance to miss AND a stun backlash.

I heard they are completely breaking this ability soon. They are making it a 3 round CD. Which mean's it will be near useless -.-.

Not 100% sure on this though, anyone know for sure?

This ability is balanced. You can pretty much 2 shot pet's with this ability; it hits really hard. That's the reason it has a high chance to miss AND a stun backlash.

I heard they are completely breaking this ability soon. They are making it a 3 round CD. Which mean's it will be near useless -.-.

Not 100% sure on this though, anyone know for sure?

WoWhead PTR section has %chance on every ability.

http://ptr.wowhead.com/petability=762
So they are making it 3 rounds? how dumb -.-

They should make it 1 round CD. That way you can't spam it but it's not 100% useless. The entire point of it having such a high miss chance and stun is due to it's damage. Now it's like a terrible version of Ghostly Bite
Recoil and high miss % are both long-standing pokemon staples (since gen1). I see no reason for it to be different with battle pets.
Now it's like a terrible version of Ghostly Bite

Seriously. Demolish will continue to outclass it in every way.
While an odd ability, there's synergy w/ arcane winds.. Potential for huge damage output.

You can also swap out if you get stunned. Of course, if you're planning on doing this anyway, then the CD isn't much of an issue either, since it will cool down on the bench.

The advantage of both of these types of moves is obvious: massive burst damage. That's pretty powerful already.
I think the argument could be made that all these abilities with a high chance to miss (I don't even use Anubisath's Demolish because it hits 1 time in 4) should just have cooldowns instead.

It's not "fun," and it feels very bad to whiff an attack 5 or 6 times in a row (random chance is random... Both ways)

Maybe things will be better in 5.3 when the base miss/dodge chances are going down, but right now I hardly bother with anything that says "has a high chance to miss." It's just not worth it.
05/15/2013 05:21 PMPosted by Thera
I don't even use Anubisath's Demolish

Demolish is a poor choice to use on idol for the most part as idol is a defense based pet. Pairing it up with supercharge on robo bear and watching a huge crit hit is pretty darn fun though. At least for me.
Demolish is a poor choice to use on idol for the most part as idol is a defense based pet. Pairing it up with supercharge on robo bear and watching a huge crit hit is pretty darn fun though. At least for me.

It has it uses, I use demolish in apocalypse team. If I get lucky enough I can destroy a pet/damage his entire team (if there's enough swapping going around). His generic punch just doesn't do much damage through sandstorm, but demolish is hardly effected by it.
It has it uses, I use demolish in apocalypse team. If I get lucky enough I can destroy a pet/damage his entire team (if there's enough swapping going around). His generic punch just doesn't do much damage through sandstorm, but demolish is hardly effected by it.

Mathed out over time the dpa would be roughly the same. Kind of funny having this talk with someone who once said idol was a worthless pet btw.
Mathed out over time the dpa would be roughly the same. Kind of funny having this talk with someone who once said idol was a worthless pet btw.

you mean this quote? The one I made on a forum discussing how to create good Pet Teams?

I was going to say that that pet still hasn't dropped for me but it just did. Honestly Idol is a lame pet. Going to be even worse in the upcoming patch. I could prob make a Apocalypse with him if that's ok with you. All he's good for is tanking so he has zero synergy with other pets.

Funny how I am talking about the Apocalyspe team I made out of him like I said I would. Also sometimes it really shows that you don't PvP much.

Demolish is better in my Apocalypse team because I have less then 14 turns to kill/damage his team as much as possible before it lands. A smart player will try to waste my Apoca on a near dead pet. Demolish allows me to either A-hardly do any damage to any pets or B- Kill a pet or severely damage his entire team.

It is hard to counter unpredictable burst damage. If I land two Demolishes in a row I just did damage it would have taken 4 turns to do with his lame punch. Depending on the pet's he has he either risks the pet to another demolish or he swaps in order to save him. I lose some HP from Anubish's racial but that's why I have Stinker in the team.

I wouldn't touch Anubish Idol outside of my Apoca team since Anubish Idol isn't a very good team pet. A strong pet by himself, but not a good team pet.
you mean this quote?

There was a lot more than that one quote.

lol the only reason he is any good is cuz reflect is so buggy.

He's going to suck

also for lulz

I applaud you Hearus for your continuation of being the worlds biggest jerk! Anyway since you have not and most likely wont ever add anything useful to this thread I'm just going to ignore you now.